Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Warlords Command Thursday night?

Postby DrKazza on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:25 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Thursday 9:30pm game time/8:30 UK time...
anyone fancy it?

We've got a Warrior and a Warlock and maybe a Priest

we still need a Mage & Offtank

Anyone up for it?
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby Kiwi on Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:11 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

My hunter is - if thats ok? Should be 58 maybe even 59 by thursday.

Postby DrKazza on Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:24 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

should be ok....

That would give us the offtank/freeze trap, if you can get as ub3r as possible that would be great as I'd really love to get this canute over and done with.

Postby Bane on Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:30 pm

Bane
Forum Member

if your stuck am avail should be 60 by then (resto shammy)

only say stuck as u have kiwi for utility and need a mage

Postby feign on Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:34 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Nope, for me, LBRS 5 man = 60's.

Postby Hammerstein on Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:39 pm

Hammerstein
Forum Regular

eep! who's ur warrior? i feel ... betrayed, innit?

(seriously though - good luck :) I'll happily tank this instance for you on a different date.)
Al'Akir: Straylight (mage)
The others: Aeviar (mage) / Redbull (shaman) / Sanctuary (priest) / Hammerstein (warrior) / Deliverance (warlock) / Damedelac (rogue)

Postby DrKazza on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:11 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

Hammer you've already dinged us
I'd really like to help you on this but 8/12 is double bad for me. First because I'm s'pposed to be out with the Missus and second because if I'm not I'll prob'ly go to get the crap beaten out of me in BWL. If you do reschedule though I'll happily bring the warrior (he's 60 now, so with luck can hold aggro better).

Postby DrKazza on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:12 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

and I think feign is right... if you can get to 60 that would be great kiwi but we had real problems last time.

Postby Invalid2 on Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:00 pm

Invalid2
Forum Regular

I can probably make it thursday.
Isoproplex (level 60 priest), Exomatosis (level 60 warrior)

Postby Koalachan on Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:59 pm

Koalachan
Forum Regular

I can probably make it on Thrusday too, only possible problem being that my offtank tanks better than the main tank but if people don't mind that...

Cannot offer utility yet as Warlock still delegates the laundry department :-)
"The fingerprints of koalas are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene."

Postby Eiznek on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:42 pm

Eiznek
Forum Member

I think it's too early for me, sorry.

Postby feign on Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:18 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Kaz - if you ahve a team, I don't mnd delaying start to support Eiznek and I don't mind coming on ergo/scindo if you wnat :)

Postby Eiznek on Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:40 pm

Eiznek
Forum Member

I enjoyed the last night's in UBRS. Feign, thanks for the help there. Great that I got lucky on the SC chestpiece on the final boss, too. Very nice.

You've left it to me in this thread to say when I CAN make it on Thursday . . . I can't commit then I'm afraid. Ad hoc, I do hope to be on around 10UK ish, but please don't wait for me. Won't be on tonight either. I'm constantly juggling time between work, sleep and family. The wife hates me playing. How do you guys with wives manage it?! You pre-book certain days or what? Am I just deluding myself I can play this game? Sorry to be so blunt, but I want to know if I'm in a common position or not, and now Dirk's 60 the longer instance runs are becoming more important.

hhhm - maybe should have put this in a different thread. OK with me if next post blanks the topic!

Postby carnybaby on Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:24 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

m8 you arent alone here.
my wife hates me playing too. i tend to play after ive got the wife and baby to bed but this often means too late to start any instances for most people.
your not deluding yourself, it is possible to play and enjoy your wow time, you just need to plan slightly better than these uni student/single/both partners play! type peeps ;)

Postby feign on Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:48 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Eiznek - I do understand your point of view, and in reality, I share a lot of the same issues in having work commitments (less travelling now thank god) and a young family (a boy and a girl under 4) and a demanding wife (though not as demanding as Mrs_kazza maybe!)

I've never been one for sitting down and just etting my evening swallowed by TV shows that hold no interest for me, so I probably get a lighter ride than some, but it's partly about ensuring that when I do arrive in, I talk my turn at the Daddy jobs, so that she sees willing. Then I've made it clear that on some nights we'll do stuff togetehr to relax - watch some more of those 24 dvd's etc - and some nights I'll play some WoW.

When we were in brains, with a smaller group in the 55+ area, it really needed everything to be pre-arranged. But in Veterans, with a large number of people in that level range online from 7pm - 1am uk every night, it';s actually much more possible to get ad-hco groups to do interesting stuff. That may be to do an instance - or more likely a raid, for loot a "kicks" than quests - or help with some difficult quests, or just item farming, or, as is often the case, playing in Battlegrounds. One of teh things here, is that only about 60% of the "arranging" hits /guild, some of the "who's up for what?" occurs on Ventrilo, which is a reason to sometimes have it on, even if it's not always convenient to talk!

Personally, I'm not averse to tapping up people I've played with, or spamming /guidl for "anyone up for..." :)

Recenlty, tehre's apost on teh Vets forums about "lets do lots of Strathholme baron runs to try adn get 1 person in teh guild teh "elite horse mount" dropped item. This is a 1 in 176,000 item, but if we get going on it, it'll mean that the default run in the late evenings may well be a strath raid, fun, items, and praying for a horsey!

Postby carnybaby on Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:59 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

eiz is there anything in particular that you are aiming for at the moment?
eg a specific bit of kit, improvement to pvp rank etc?

what i do is set some achievable goals then slowly work towards it.
eg at the moment my goals at the moment are
1. get exalted with Frostwolf to be able to buy epic items
2. level my enchanting to be able to make a smoking heart of the mountain
3. get my onyxia key
4. make an elementals deck (where are the blasted 5 and 8! no one anywhere ever has one)

a nice mixture of grouped and ungrouped targets means you can always make the best use of even limited gaming time.

feigns idea of showing willing with the family is a good one too :)
i tend to have the baby in teh evening because i dont see her all day, this occasionally means im logged into WOW at the same time so i can monitor AH/travel on wingrider to a quest/grind spot etc

utilise every second of time you get and try to get say one evening a week totally uninterupted (doesnt work for me im afraid ;) )

Postby Kiwi on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:04 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

Well i'd definately like to go - easily 58 though to hit 60 would be pushing it -if you feel the need to replace me with someone higher I won't be offended - just keep me informed of what you decide :)

Postby viadro66 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:41 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

Eiznek wrote:(...)The wife hates me playing. (...)

You are in the same situation as most of us family oriented ;). You already got a very good answer from feign, but just let me highlite 2 things which work for me:
- play on prearranged night (but not so often :P): "tonight is my playing night"; that is why I have no problems agreeing one dedicated night for WFM or a particular instance
- showi interest / help in every day's life (+some additional interest toward wife :))
(OK - I am not always so perfect, but I try ;)).

Contrary to feign, me being not so extravertic person, I have problems finding ad hoc teams online, so definitely prefer prearrangement.

Also do not expect to get a lot soon. I am already 4th week grinding AV (and I spent nearly all my time there or waiting for it) and I am still half way to exalted. Just be patient and call if want an instance/raid - I always will go for a nice group play, plus I need items (plenty of greens on me) and gold (to buy this epic mount and stuff when exalted with frostwolf ;)).

Lately work eats plenty of my time and health, but when online I will look to group with you :).

Regards
v66

Postby DrKazza on Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:49 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

yup i'm with you lot... generally I try to book a night gaming about a week ahead of time.

Sunday nights work usually as we've spent the weekend together too

Postby Twisted on Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:11 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

steamID: Litation
Xbox Live: Litation
antispam1: Yes
Thank god my other half plays WoW :E

Trust me exchange all those wives/Girlfriends for this years model with the WoW chip installed it makes life so much easier :P
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Physical rape is psychological Murder.

Next

Return to World of Warcraft