USB2 drivers?

Postby Tonster on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
A relative has reformatted their PC, reinstalled XP Pro and fully patched it, the one thing which is still wrong is the USB ports are still functioning in slow-arse USB1 mode and show up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in device manager.

I've checked the motherboard software CD and there's nothing there. I've been to the Abit web site and there are USB2 drivers there but they're not compatible with XP, and from what I've seen USB2 drivers are supposed to be included with one of the XP service packs. But still the USB ports are still not working correctly.

What needs to be done to get USB 2 speeds?

Abit IC7 motherboard on Windows XP Pro fully patched by the MS update site.

:help:

Re: USB2 drivers?

Postby larchy on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:25 pm

larchy
Site Admin
R2 where are you?

steamID: larchy
antispam1: Yes
Nothing, they should be working.

You only need drivers for Windows versions older than XP, which is why you can't find any XP ones.

If you view the device properties in device manager it will give you an error code which can sometimes give you an idea of what's wrong. You will also be able to manually install and select from a list compatible USB drivers.

If it is the driver then the universal Intel chipset drivers may fix it.

I suspect something other than a driver issue if there is a problem, particularly if the issue is one of speed rather than function.

Re: USB2 drivers?

Postby Tonster on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Cheers dude. The relative in question is actually staying with me currently and won't be able to look at his PC until Tuesday, I'll let you know what we find!

Return to Technical Support