Postby LSM on Fri May 15, 2009 1:50 pm

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

steamID: LSM
PSN: messele
AKA: Lt. Sex Machine
Twitter: messele
I expect this is a well known about problem but hopefully with a simple solution since my searches on t'net result in all sorts of suggestions of scripts and voodoo.

Anyhoo. It seems that mapping drives is now a bit of an arse. The mapping itself goes fine but the drives will not reconnect after reboot / logging in.

Any thoughts on how to get this to work correctly without arsing about with scripts and so on?

'king Vista :(

Re: Drive Mapping in Vista

Postby LSM on Wed May 20, 2009 7:33 am

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

More interweb trudging and there doesn't seem to be an easy workaround, or most importantly a fix.

Having used Vista a fair bit the last week (not out of choice) I can now see what a pus-ridden sack of shite it really is, even when trying to basic things that were a piece of cake 10 years ago. GG.

Postby larchy on Wed May 20, 2009 7:59 am

larchy
Site Admin
R2 where are you?

steamID: larchy
antispam1: Yes
orientation: Yes
Sorry m8, don't really have any experience with that - gave up on trying to get anything in Vista to work properly years ago D:

Postby SteveP on Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm

SteveP
Forum Regular

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
I've just tested network mappings, albeit over a client vpn connection and didn't experience a problem. The mapping was there with a warning bottom right on reboot regarding the drive as vpn connection wasn't up at that point. Mapping was their albeit it a disconnected state. Enabled the VPN connection and I could browse it fine.

Only thing i could maybe suggest is that if share required a username and password is to ensure its within user accounts > manage network passwords.

Postby LSM on Wed May 20, 2009 1:51 pm

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

Yeah the mapping stays put but doesnt reconnect (red X through the icon) upon reboot / login. I shall invesigate the User Account setting as I don't recall this being their in past versions of Windows. Hopefully it works a little like OSX Keychain :S Still annoying that it doesn't work like 2000 / XP.

Thanks in advance!

Return to Technical Support