Some vaguely recent stuff from me

A combined home for all your photography and photoshop posts. Also the home to the photoshop challenge!

Some vaguely recent stuff from me

Postby Mongrel on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Mongrel
Forum Guru
Wheres your forum ti... oh nm

antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Well, mostly just my :nws: Flickr :nws: account really, following on from the 'Favourite Photo' thread.

It's not terribly NWS but better safe than sorry. Anyone care to venture an opinion? :|
Rock out with your c*ck out!!

Re: Some vaguely recent stuff from me

Postby Gwil on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Gwil
Forum Guru
Perfect with cheese

steamID: gwil0r
antispam1: No
Im not sure how we are supposed to judge artistic nudes (and stuff in that category). As far as I can tell they look good - you get good colours/tones and texture to the skin and dresses.

Where do you shoot?

Postby Mongrel on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Mongrel
Forum Guru

Gwil wrote:Im not sure how we are supposed to judge artistic nudes (and stuff in that category). As far as I can tell they look good - you get good colours/tones and texture to the skin and dresses.

Where do you shoot?

I've got a photographic studio that I use for that kind of stuff but i'm going to try and get out a lot more this year. To be honest i'm not entirely sure how you're supposed to judge it either, just say if you like it or not, what works and what doesn't. I've got a relatively thick skin about it all :)

Basically i've been into photography for quite a few years really but haven't really posted much here cause, well, I don't really shoot the same as everyone else. Thought i'd give it a go though and see what happens :)

Postby shardy on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:03 am

shardy
Forum Regular
shardy wardy-wardy

steamID: Shardy
Xbox Live: Shardsta
AKA: Shardwee
Fair Pair! like the first shot, scrunched up forehead is a bit distracting mind. Like the last shot in the road too (bit more bokeh?) how did you get the exposure right with that light behind? Thanks for sharing :)

Postby Flomotion on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:08 am

Flomotion
Forum Guru
Loud and proud

It's a refreshing change to see photos that aren't holiday snaps or taken when wandering around a city - not that there's anything wrong with those.

The model in the first two has a very expressive face, I like. Gives the impression you walked in on her when she was getting undressed! ;)

For me, the overexposed areas on the last street shot are rather distracting, but that helps her legs stand out which I guess was the effect you were after.

So do you pay the models, or do they model for you in exchange for the images? Always interested in how these things work. Would be great to see some more of your work, too.

Postby Mongrel on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 am

Mongrel
Forum Guru

Flomotion wrote:For me, the overexposed areas on the last street shot are rather distracting, but that helps her legs stand out which I guess was the effect you were after.

Yeah indeed, I wanted the detail in her coat to stand out + I wanted the light to help it feel more like an Autumnal day.

I rarely do the whole exchange of pictures these days (or Time For Prints as its known) because it can be an enormous pain in the butt. Normally I work on the premise that for every hour I shoot i'll get one or perhaps two good usable images....but I could easily take a hundred shots in that hour. I send the CD to the model who then comes back with the 50 or so shots that she wants me to process that'll maybe take me 30 hours to run through! Then (obviously) she'll only use one or two anyway.

Normally I work on the payment principle. If the model has something that i'm looking for i'll pay, if she wants to work with me she (or her agency) pays. Everything is decided before hand and it keeps things nice and simple all round :)

I'll stick some more stuff up on Flickr later on. I've got loads of images as I generally try and do at least one or two a month but I get bored of things i've done in the past very quickly :|

Postby Tonster on Fri May 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
I keep meaning to look at those from home, how NWS are they? Are we talking actual nipples?

Postby Monie on Fri May 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Monie
Forum Bicycle
Grays...Sports...Almanac

No, they're definitely prosthetic nipples..

Postby Mongrel on Fri May 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Mongrel
Forum Guru

No, no actual nipples. Basically the "hardest" shot is of a blonde bird holding her chest puppies. You can see that she has chest puppies but not any more than that.

....talking of which I still need to upload more here :twisted:

Postby Mongrel on Tue May 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Mongrel
Forum Guru

Being very slack with this for which I apologise....but I've put some work safe stuff up from this weekend and taken down the one not-work-safe picture there....so browse with confidence :)

Return to Photography & Photoshop