filter set

A combined home for all your photography and photoshop posts. Also the home to the photoshop challenge!

filter set

Postby Cacker on Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 am

Cacker
Site Admin
4th floor ponce

steamID: Cacker
PSN: Cacker67
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Hi,

Colleague of mine put me onto this filter set on ebay. He's bought this for his Canon and recommends it. Now if you buy branded filters, they cost anywhere between £5 and £10. This seems like quite a steal.

rink

thoughts ? Can you buy a 'bad' polariser ? He's tried most of them and they do what they say on the tin.

The seller also has different sized filter sets.
/Chairs

Cacker

Re: filter set

Postby Mongrel on Wed May 21, 2008 11:14 am

Mongrel
Forum Guru
Wheres your forum ti... oh nm

antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Realistically it depends on the quality of the lens your putting the filter on.

Basically if you've spent £1000+ on a piece of glass and are then putting a cheaply manufactured filter on the front then you've just wasted £1000. If you're using the kit lens or something similar then you probably wouldn't notice any different.
Rock out with your c*ck out!!

Postby Tonster on Wed May 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Most filter effects can be produced in post editing, the only two on there I can see of being any real use are the neutral density filter and polarising filter, so I'd just buy those individually. Filters are very situational of course so I guess it depends on what you want to shoot.

Postby Klors on Thu May 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Klors
Forum Guru
Would fuck the antichrist

What they said basically :)

And yes, you can get a poor quality filter of any kind. If the glass used isn't as good quality as the lens you're putting it in front of then you'll be compromising the image quality in some way... common problems are vignetting in images and if they've used poor quality metal settings then corrosion and possible thread damage to the lens it's screwed into
Klors Trofobik

Return to Photography & Photoshop