Adobe Lightroom

A combined home for all your photography and photoshop posts. Also the home to the photoshop challenge!

Adobe Lightroom

Postby Monie on Thu May 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Monie
Forum Bicycle
Grays...Sports...Almanac

Download this!

Available at your local online Software Dealer *ahem*.

Absolutely class software for viewing and editing photos quickly. Brings up a big slideshow of the ones you've taken and has a sidebar that lets you footle with them in pretty much every way you'd want to initially.

I highly recommend it peoples!

Re: Adobe Lightroom

Postby Tonster on Thu May 01, 2008 4:36 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Seconded. Superb piece of software that is very nearly capable of replacing Photoshop totally for photo editing needs. I've barely opened PS since I got LR and have totally dropped Picassa. Lightroom 2 beta is out there as well. As it also handles RAW files and edits them in a non lossy way (even crops are reversible months later) I've not shot a JPG image in months, not when RAW files hold more data.

FGS read the manual, it can be downloaded as a PDF (see the sticky) and will make a huge difference to your understanding.

A close competitor for Mac users is Aperture, supposedly very good as well.

The other main player in the market (from what I've seen) is Capture One 4. Not tried it myself, I've been an Adobe fanboi for a long time :)

Re: Adobe Lightroom

Postby Klors on Sun May 04, 2008 6:41 pm

Klors
Forum Guru
Would fuck the antichrist

Aperture 2 is out and is better than 1 ... however after messing around with both I think Lightroom is the better one atm... only the price would make me think twice. Aperture is probably better value... but i got the feeling that with my minimal testing, Lightroom was giving better finished resulting quality
Klors Trofobik

Return to Photography & Photoshop