Useful links

A combined home for all your photography and photoshop posts. Also the home to the photoshop challenge!

Re: Useful links - updated September 29th

Postby Fluffybunnyfeet on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:33 pm

Fluffybunnyfeet
Forum Guru
Get well soon dude

steamID: Fluffy_bunny_feet
AKA: Fluffybunnyfeet
Might want to add this program called Recuva.

Basically its a free recovery program by Piriform who do CCleaner and it can recover deleted photos providing they have not been overwritten.

Unfortunately some dumbass erased the card on my camera (don't ask, supposed mate and his missus) and one particular image I wanted had been overwritten before I knew that they were still recoverable.

Anyhow the program works very well and can also be used to recover other deleted items like documents and music from your hard drive.

http://www.recuva.com/

Postby larchy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

larchy
Site Admin
R2 where are you?

steamID: larchy
antispam1: Yes
orientation: Yes
PhotoRec also!

Postby GroovYF on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:04 pm

GroovYF
Forum Regular

Can I recommend "Kerso" (a talkphotography.co.uk member) who has an Ebay shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA
(His shop is empty at the moment as he's away, with his sister taking any orders that come in.)

Pay direct into his bank account and bypass Paypal fees, and generally get an absolute bargain compared to other online /highstreet shops.
PM him via the TP forums asking for a price on whatever you're considering and he'll get back to you.

For example... Warehouse Express do the Canon 24-105 F4 L Lens at almost £950, he can do it for £769
Cheaper lenses will have less of a saving, but there'll be one nonetheless.

Re: Useful links - updated April 14th

Postby Tonster on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Good stuff, added it all :)

Re: Useful links - updated May 8th

Postby Tonster on Fri May 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Tonster

Added a small section for Amazing & Inspirational photos. Clearly these are all taken from my own personal portfolio :P

Also just a note of caution about Pixmania, I ordered a printer from them which was listed as in stock. 3 weeks later I still hadn't received anything, it was still in stock and payment had been taken at the time of ordering. So I call them up to be told that it isn't in stock at all and they are waiting for some from the manufacturer. I knew full well that was never as the particular model was 2 revisions out of date, but still they leave it up on their site as in stock. That's just a really poor way of doing business IMO, they took my money for something they could never supply and still they leave it on their site as in stock. Bunch of arse. They also tend to be damned expensive these days.

Postby Monie on Sat May 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Monie
Forum Bicycle
Grays...Sports...Almanac

Pixmania are total and utter cunts, i wouldn't touch them given the choice. Between claiming i was defrauding myself, then blacklisting my email because of that, then making me phone France to sort it, then forcing me to verify every detail of the damn order when i finally made one they're a total shower.

Postby larchy on Sat May 09, 2009 7:45 pm

larchy
Site Admin
R2 where are you?

steamID: larchy
antispam1: Yes
My m8 just found out that Staples do photo printing - got some awesome A3 canvas prints for a quid! Some glossy/matte ones too, really awesome.

Not as cheap as dscolourlabs, but you don't have to deal with their crappy service and messing orders up, and seemed far cheaper than most other places. Convenient if you've one round the corner!

Postby LoneGun on Thu May 28, 2009 12:56 pm

LoneGun
Forum Regular
One Lung

might be worth removing spicers from wedding album printers, we had 20,000 mounts go missing in transit recently and although they are still trading its a bit of a risk to take using a company in administration for wedding orders.
Get your Rex Omar fan club banner here!

Re: Useful links - updated July 27th

Postby Tonster on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Tonster

Added a bunch of links to free(ish) photos and a section on Creative Commons.

Previous

Return to Photography & Photoshop