Much difference between money games and freebie games?

For the Poker freaks out there

Moderators: Docca, Monie

Much difference between money games and freebie games?

Postby Chumba on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:56 pm

Chumba
Forum Regular

After playin poker for bout a year now just messin about with mates we've only just started playing for money and its raised my interest in the game bigtime and I've just started with a bit of online poker (freebie).

I want to try and improve as much as poss and and am wondering if its better I dive right into some cheap money tables or whether I can learn just as well on the free practise tables for the time being.

Now its pretty obvious to me people take the game much more seriously when playing for actual cash, but when its comes to online games, just how big is the difference? I don't really wanna throw any money away (no matter how little :P) till i'm confident that I can get it back.

Postby Squigg on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:13 am

Squigg
Forum Guru
Capitalist pigdog

steamID: squigg
the difference is huge. free play money tables are NOTHING like real tables, especially in no-limit. with fake chips most people will call with anything just in case they hit on the flop, go all-in for funsies when they're bored etc.

i would recommend you start with the 0.10/0.20 or 0.25/0.50 limit tables, although on these people will still chase a gutshot straight all the way to the river it's not as bad as on free-play.
:)

Postby Mike TV on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:55 am

Mike TV
Forum Guru

I agree with TK. Free money tables are NOTHING like fre e money tables.

BUT free money tales do tell you what you shouldn't do. There is still some education to be learnt. Granted, you cant learn as much as when you get hit in the pocker but i think sitll you can learn somehting from playing free money if you are prepared to sift the shit hands out of your results...

Postby Chumba on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:33 pm

Chumba
Forum Regular

Yeh only took me a few hands of 15c/25c to realise theres veeeeeery little point playing free money tables if you wanna be any good at poker.

i'm currently trying to reach the 500 raked hands I need on interpoker to clear my deposit bonus. Whether I'm gunna reach it before I go bust is a bit touch n go atm ;)

Postby LSMs Bit Of Fluff on Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:35 pm

LSMs Bit Of Fluff
Forum Newbie

The thing with free chips is u learn how to play , LSM is great full i only play free chips as we have no house as iam not that good lol

Return to Poker Forums