what would happen?!

For the Poker freaks out there

Moderators: Docca, Monie

what would happen?!

Postby D3lta on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:05 pm

D3lta
Forum Newbie

just been playing with a group of friends, and ended up 2 of us left in i had 8D 6H he had AC and 6C. flop turn and river all reveal diamonds, i assumed i would take the pot as my 8D made a flush where as he just had a flush on the community cards was this right or should it be split because we both had flush?

sorry if this is something real simple we`ve not been playing all that long and still trying to get to grips with everything. thanks

Postby TK421 on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:58 pm

TK421
Site Admin
You're the best thread of 2013

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
If the community flush cards were lower than 8 then you'd win, if there was a higher diamond in the flop/river/turn then it's a split pot. You have to make the best 5 cards from the 7, doesnt matter where they come from.

You should've folded if you werent the bigblind tbh, or failing that gone for a massive bet pre-river to stop him buying the river and getting a fullhouse / flush

Postby phatb0y on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:40 am

phatb0y
The Game Decider

PSN: phatb0y
AKA: chikhai, macumba
Twitter: phatb0y
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Two hotels on Mayfair and 'You Win A Beauty Contest - Collect £100'.

Postby Mike TV on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:52 am

Mike TV
Forum Guru

TK421 wrote:If the community flush cards were lower than 8 then you'd win, if there was a higher diamond in the flop/river/turn then it's a split pot. You have to make the best 5 cards from the 7, doesnt matter where they come from.

You should've folded if you werent the bigblind tbh, or failing that gone for a massive bet pre-river to stop him buying the river and getting a fullhouse / flush

Hes got a pair of aces on the flop. Unless I am read this wrong, there are 2 players left and you have absolutely nothing. If you went all in here, I can forgive what you have, as it doesnt matter. If you went all in AFTER he bet, then perhaps you need to rethink your play. You went all in after matyeboy bet out with a serious hand.

Return to Poker Forums