Official Wee Free Men Gnome Plotline thread

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Re: Official Wee Free Men Gnome Plotline thread

Postby viadro66 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

jhartelt wrote:William is ready for action.

I think they thined mobs in Tol Barad. I reassigned skills and talents on my warrior, priest and hunter, and tried to kill few mobs in TB, and even disc priest was cutting through them easily. Do not feel major changes in shadow priest playstyle, beastmastery hunter have to adapt - was delivering pretty low dps comparing to priest, disc healing and warrior tanking have to be tested in real game :).

Meetup means nearest Thursday 20 September, I believe? I should be on.

Regards
via

Postby Yocote on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
We could try and have a look at the Theramore scenario (if we meet the ilvl 353 requirement) - not sure if that can be done with 4 players though or if it requires 3. I'll see if I can get Kablamska up and running before that time :)

Edit: I got kablamska specced and took her for some exercise dailies. Adam & I were reminded that guild leveling is a bit faster now - we were greeted by the the announcement that Cerebra dinged guild level 6...
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby feign on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Ok, I'll get on as early as I can tonight, though 7.30 will be stretching it.

Do I need to sort out my addons for 5.0 compliance, as I looked briefly last night and that just looked completely broken right now for my old setup if I enabled old addons.

Postby feign on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Ok, I've not been in Pandaria zones yet on any toon, mainly as the server I used to play on most of the time has had 3000+ queues at normal evening times. So I expect to pop into Arathor soon!

I can't make this Thursday (4th October), so shall we schedule next Thursday (11th Oct) as the first wfm meet-up if others are available.

Is there a series of quests that it makes sense for us to have done? Or is there an instance that we could do early on if we've done some leveling (I can squeeze some in over the weekend)? Or do we just all start brand new?

Postby jhartelt on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:38 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Is questing as a group a topic?

If not, questing as far as the first vendor for adventurer supplies would be my suggestion. No idea where he will be for alliance.

Postby feign on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

I guess my question was basically

> "As someone who's not even been to the Pandaria zone, what makes sense for me to have pre-done so that next Thursday (11th) we cna have a worthwhile group game?"

I will have:
>Emptied bags
>Sorted UI and trained talents
>Trained next level of professions

I just wanted to know whether I should be preparing for an instance or getting to a certain Quest point/hub.

Postby Yocote on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:48 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

feign wrote:Ok, I've not been in Pandaria zones yet on any toon, mainly as the server I used to play on most of the time has had 3000+ queues at normal evening times. So I expect to pop into Arathor soon!

Welcome back there :). Be aware that your yakkie toons on Arathor may have been removed from the guild due to being inactive for more than 6 months (just ask for a reinvite; your guild reputation doesn't reset unless you join a different guild).

feign wrote:I can't make this Thursday (4th October), so shall we schedule next Thursday (11th Oct) as the first wfm meet-up if others are available.

Is there a series of quests that it makes sense for us to have done? Or is there an instance that we could do early on if we've done some leveling (I can squeeze some in over the weekend)? Or do we just all start brand new?

I haven't done any of the pandaria quests on Stormrage yet. I don't know how suitable the initial alliance quests are for group play, but I guess we could try. There will be loads of gear improvements in the early quests there; once we get past the initial bits we will be able to visit a gear vendor who sells ilvl 372 green gear that can help if you are missing upgrades for particular slots.

Questing independently until the gear vendor may be a good plan too indeed. Doing the first quest is rather useful as that will award a decent weapon.
Warning: be aware that quests now award you a quest suited to your spec at the moment you turn in your quest. If you aim to get gear for a different spec from quests you can swap specs before turning in a quest (for example: if you quest as Shadow but want to get healing gear). As said, there are also gear vendors now that, in essence, sell gear equivalent to what the previous zone gave from questing.

Postby jhartelt on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:25 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Yocote wrote:Questing independently until the gear vendor may be a good plan too indeed.
I must admit, that I got somewhat carried away on BigWilliam. He is now at the Perlfin village, where said vendor is located :oops:

Postby feign on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

jhartelt wrote:
Yocote wrote:Questing independently until the gear vendor may be a good plan too indeed.
I must admit, that I got somewhat carried away on BigWilliam. He is now at the Perlfin village, where said vendor is located :oops:

I'm assuming that's further on that PAw'don village?

Scrub that, arrived at pearlfin with a couple of quests in moonwater retreat.

Postby jhartelt on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:52 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

feign wrote:
jhartelt wrote:

I'm assuming that's further on that PAw'don village?

Scrub that, arrived at pearlfin with a couple of quests in moonwater retreat.
In that village, look out for a vendor named "Silkweaver Rui". This is the adventurer supply vendor, which means he sells a complete set of ilevel 372 greens for each potential spec (as Luc already said. I just want to make double-sure you got it.)

Postby Yocote on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

Just for your info: I haven't had the time yet to do those initial quests on Kablamska yet. I hope (but cannot guarantee) to do those tonight or tomorrow.

Adam: did you do those quests already on Bigjock?

Postby feign on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

I've just realised that I will have family conflicts on Thursday, as my wife has parent's evening, so I will have the children and need to sort food/homework/travel.

Maybe Luc could use that session to get to Pearlfin and just post which quests he gets to and then we could properly try on Thursday 18th?

Postby Yocote on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

feign wrote:I've just realised that I will have family conflicts on Thursday, as my wife has parent's evening, so I will have the children and need to sort food/homework/travel.

Maybe Luc could use that session to get to Pearlfin and just post which quests he gets to and then we could properly try on Thursday 18th?

I feel for that suggestion indeed - starting WFM again next week, from pearlfin village (we can see if go straight to the instance or do some open air questing), and skip tomorrow. That gives me (and maybe also Adam) a little more time to get to pearlfin village in the same phase as you are

Postby Yocote on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

FYI: Kablamska just arrived in Pearlfin village and picked up the two quests there, "The pearlfin situation" and "Road rations".

Postby viadro66 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 am

viadro66
Forum Regular

Yocote wrote:FYI: Kablamska just arrived in Pearlfin village and picked up the two quests there, "The pearlfin situation" and "Road rations".

Bigjock is at the same place. From my experience instancing requires better gear, especially for healer - new regen mechanics is not sufficient untill later on. We can try an instance just for fun of trying, but with 4 we stil need to get to the instance entrance ;). So slacking a bit in open areas in a group can be a plan for nearest session ;).

Regards
via

Postby feign on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

viadro66 wrote: So slacking a bit in open areas in a group can be a plan for nearest session ;).

Regards
via

sound good to me!

Postby viadro66 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:33 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

feign wrote:
viadro66 wrote: So slacking a bit in open areas in a group can be a plan for nearest session ;).

Regards
via

sound good to me!

Hope to meet you all tonight.

Regards
via

Postby jhartelt on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:41 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

viadro66 wrote:Hope to meet you all tonight.
About that, what is/was our meeting time? 20:00 server time?

Postby viadro66 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:40 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

jhartelt wrote:
viadro66 wrote:Hope to meet you all tonight.
About that, what is/was our meeting time? 20:00 server time?

20:30 I believe :). See you

Postby feign on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I'm cooking now, will be on as soon as I can, hopefully just about 20:30 server

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft