Resurrect meh!

Postby Tonster on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:05 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
I fancied trying WoW again, haven't been there in over 3 years so hopefully they've added a new fishing quest or something by now.

Anyone willing and able to RESURRECT ME. You'll get a shiny new mount, and I'll get 7 days to decide if this was a stupid idea or not.

Not sure what you need to know to send it. tonsterl337 at hot mail dot com, or maybe MartianLM#2136 (Battlenet tag).

Re: Resurrect meh!

Postby iPad on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:55 pm

iPad
Forum Guru
Same title for a year!

Xbox Live: ipad49
AKA: Paddy
orientation: No

Postby DrKazza on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:12 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
you should get an invite within the hour mate
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby Tonster on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:19 am

Tonster

Received, thanks! Will do the deed tonight.

Postby DrKazza on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

cheers mate

Postby feign on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:47 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

bah, missed!

if anyone else needs one (european), just nudge me.

Postby Tonster on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Tonster

Grr, it's not working, I log in to Battle.net and see a WoW account in my name. I click the email link to resurrect and it says I do not have a WoW account. When I use "merge WoW account" (as I have done already a while ago) and enter my details, including the username that shows up in my account for WoW, it says the WoW account has already been merged into a different Battlenet account.

:flame:

Customer support here I come.

[edit]Think I've worked out what it is. WotLK is associated with my Battlenet account but WoW vanilla is not. Just tried to add it and am told the authentication key has already been taken. So tried calling Blizzard support, went through their menu system only to be told they're too busy and got cut off.

Marvellous.

Postby iPad on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:47 pm

iPad
Forum Guru
Same title for a year!

Xbox Live: ipad49
AKA: Paddy
orientation: No
I refer you back to the flailing robot. :P

Postby Tonster on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:58 am

Tonster

How true iPad ;)

KAZZA YOU MUPPET! You sent me an invite from a US account which is why the invite doesn't work!

Please can someone send me an invite from an EU account? Like now as I have the day off work :P

Postby Tonster on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:30 am

Tonster

Sorted it with feign, just waiting for the email now :)

Postby DrKazza on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:01 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

SONOFABITCH

Postby Tonster on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Tonster

Any recommendations for add-ons? Non raid stuff. All my old add-ons are out of date. Got an equip compare one and an open all bags one but that's all so far.

Well I think I spent about the first 2 hours just sorting out specs, characters and basic stuff like "ok so where do I go to get into the Cataclysm content?". I had a go at that combat lark and may as well have just been mashing my face on the keyboard for all the good it did, having to re-learn it all and work out what the changes are. And everything's moved in Stormwind etc. I felt like a total n00b.

Chose to level a Priest to 80 automatically. Talk about bewilderment, I had exactly no clue what any of the buttons did.

Postby DrKazza on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:24 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

here's what i put on another forum I'm addon addict but these are the best of the best

For Noobs -> Only ever change 2 or 3 addons at a time... don't be overexcitable and go and install 20 in one go... it'll be impossible to configure and debug, because addons ARE buggy.
use the Curse installer as much as possible.

A couple of good places to browse some addons that I'm not going to mention are:
Curse.Com 's WoW addon
and also
WoW Insider's Addon Spotlight
I've never really worked out why some people only upate some really good addons on WoW Interface instead of curse, but you may find some goodies here

MUST HAVE ADDONS:
These addons are essential for raiding... if you don't have them then you ought to think about why you're not trying to maximise your output/survivability

• Deadly Boss Mods - This is utterly essential… there is an alternative which is pretty much just as good, it's called BigWigs - just make sure you have one of the two. If you're running any old dungeons you may want to install the old mods Deadly Boss Mods WotLK BC and Vanilla
  • Quartz - Quartz is by far the best cast bar... it also does cast bars for your focus and your target, but the key thing is that it has a latency built in so you know when you can start casting your next spell based off your current latency. Critical for squeezing the most out of all your spells

EPGP is needed to make Lokiy's life easier... if you want loot then get this installed, you need both... actually you probably don't but do both anyway!
  • epgp (dkp reloaded)
  • EPGPLootmaster

Really Useful Addons:
These I would classify as non-essential but you'd be crazy not to have them

• GTFO - A massive honking siren that fires when you're standing in lava/poison… very very useful. Doesn't work all the time but pretty invaluable. Why would you NOT want an alert when you're in the wrong place... if you're not there then it won't sound... if you are there then get a warning!
  • OmniCC - Super lightweight... just puts a little countdown number on your spells so you know exactly when they come off cooldown.
  • Omen Threat Meter - unless your dps is so shabby that you'll never pull threat then you should get Omen installed somewhere... don't watch it the whole time, but just be aware of your own aggro please... I played vanilla, that means I know what pulling aggro is about "WAIT FOR 2 SUNDERS BEFORE DPSING"

The next two I'd never go without... they are essential if you're a healer... they're pretty important if you're not
  • Clique
  • Grid
    [indent] [/indent]
    What they do is: Grid puts up a really nice raid interface that's totally customisable and can show buffs debuffs hots health mana everything. Clique is a mousebinding addon that works really well with Grid to allow you to rightclick, or alt middle click or left click or whatever on any member of the grid and you cast the assigned spell on them without losing your current target.

I've never used Healbot, but I know some people swear by it and apparently it's more lightweight than Grid. From what I've heard it's a lot less flexible than Clique and Grid but it does the job.

Note that Grid2 is a complete rewrite of Grid and much more efficient, however the authors got sidetracked and can no longer continue so it's stable but just not very flexible.

Postby DrKazza on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

DrKazza's Addons:
i've got something like 94 addons installed which means that my UI is (usually) pretty clean and exactly how I want it... however on big patches I have a complete nightmare because a lot of stuff gets screwed up... I'll go through what they all are and why you may want them:

My Addons
Yeah they get top billing but I wrote the fkers so there :P
  • Gimplist - This is used for keeping track of people's alts and also any idiots you may encounter... what it does is it adds a little bit of text to someone's speech so that you can see them.. It also alerts you in case you join a group and a previously met idiot/gimp is in there so you can prepare for repair bills
    e.g.
    [indent] [Guild] [Fuzzywuzzy]: hello all
    becomes
    [Guild] [Fuzzywuzzy]: <RubberDucky> hello all
    [/indent]
  • Old Instance Finder - I built this when I was trying to grind some Lower City Rep... it does a search of people in certain (deserted) instances so if you find someone else chain running Sethekk Halls then you can find out who
  • Boss Notes - Ever find yourself in an instance and thinking "What the hell does this guy do?", well you need an addon that will announce a summary of tactics to your group. Boss Notes started off as that, but the guy who wrote the serious coding expanded it to do SOOO much more, like ability tracking and sending alerts on certain events (like Valk spawning on LK)

Combat
  • Bartender4 - I've tried quite a few different action bar addons and I feel this is the best... it's really simple to configure and you get a really clean layout from it. The only other one I know of that's still alive is Dominos.
  • Button Timers - DoT Timers could warrant their own subheading, but the reason i've not done that is that I only believe in one of them... ButtonTimers.
    [indent] Yeah yeah I hear you, Forte is fantastic but it takes some time to configure, and Necrosis has a good DoTtimer built into it, DoTTracker seems simple yet effective and DoTimer works very well also... but I challenge you... try rolling a Lock/Spriest and use ButtonTimers... you won't look back. I do like Forte's cooldown timer though and it's fairly customisable I run both, but it's a bit inefficient to have Forte installed for a Cooldown Bar and not use the DoT timer[/indent]
  • Capping Battleground Timers - Puts up a timer, much like DBM to show when certain objectives in BG will get captured
  • MikScrollingBattleText - A much nicer scrolling battle text compared to the blizzard default, insanely customisable but works fantastically out of the box
  • Prayer of Mending Tracker - Priest only, tracks your prayer of mending and will let you know how many hops are left
  • Satrina Buff Frame - Annoyingly blizz has stopped you right clicking a buff to remove it which screwed up a lot of Buff frames. I currently use SBF, but it's being held together with sellotape... However a couple to consider are:
    [indent]Cancellable:
    Non-cancellable:
    [/indent]
  • Cancel My Buffs - will also cancel your buffs through a macro but it's not a buff frame
  • Skada Damage Meter - the best damage meter… probably worth also installing the Absorbs and the Window Buttons modules.
  • Recount - A very close alternative to skada… the numbers are broadly the same but there have been criticisms that recount can be cpu intensive
  • Slice Admiral - A good little addon for rogues to monitor rebuffs and combo points
  • Tidy Plates - a very clean way of improving the nameplates, if you also install Threat Plates then they change depending on if you have aggro or not.
  • TrinketBar - an awesome little moving pair of buttons so you can easily activate your trinkets in combat. Also allows simple switching of trinkets
  • Error Filter - This is great for roags, DKs Warriors etc... it will remove the really annoying "Not enough rage" error messages that keep popping up

Utility
  • Bugsack - This is an awesome little addon that takes completely useless incoherent error messages and pops them into a nice little windowbox. Very good if an addon is throwing an error and you don't know which one it is! you will NEED to install !BugGrabber as well for it to work
  • Autobar - I actually find this essential... it's a little bar that can be configured to show all sorts of non-usual buttons, so for example it will have a potion slot that automatically always has your most effective Health potion, likewise food, healthstones, bandages, hearth items, Quest items etc. Very flexible and versatile.
  • Automaton - this just automates some very menial tasks, Repairing, accepting invites from guildies, autosells grey items and a few other things. Lazy or efficient? you choose.
  • and on the 5th Day God created BankStack - one click and it will tidy your bags or your bank. Thank you lord. (I was going to say this is cheaper and easier than having a wife to do it... but frankly I'd never be so sexist!)
  • Chinchilla Minimap - Once upon a time, someone created Sexymap and revolutionized how a cool map could look, that's now semi-abandoned and buggy... Chinchilla is the successor... it's awesome
  • Combuctor - I started off using OneBag, but it became a little flakey... then I found combuctor which has some awesome searchable features and is very simple to use. You'll never go back to the blizzard bag interface
  • Cork - is an amazing little addon that reminds you to buff yourself, well fed, open clams all sorts of things.
  • Daily Grind - this addon will just allow you to hand in dailies without having to keep clicking and reselecting the reward each time. It'll activate the second time after you've done the quest once
  • eAlign - you need this if you're doing a nice UI... it's just a grid, you switch it on to align all your objects nice and neatly then you uninstall again.
  • GupPet - This is fantastic for randomising your mount… produces 1 button and you can customise which mount you use and where. Also works for companions. Beautifully configured out of the box, a great successor to Livestock
  • Necrosis LdC - Warlock specific utility bar…very cool way of managing your curses spells summons etc, also has a decent DoT timer. Claim to fame… I helped write some of the annoying summon messages
  • oRA3 - very useful for raid leaders… invites based on rank, does durability checks and all sorts of other cool things
  • Pawn - A really helpful little addon that makes choosing quest rewards/boss drops easy. It's based off stat weights which can work out of the box or be customise. Will also help you choose the most expensive sale price gear if nothing is an upgrade
  • Pitbull Unit Frames - My personal fave on the Unit frames, it takes a little bit of setting up but it works fantastically. If you want alternatives that work better out of the box then try Shadowed Unit frames or the classicXperl
  • Postal - there is only one mailbox addon that you need, and it's postal. It does everything you want… check the website for all the functions… it's amazing
  • Prat - Chat enhancements have been done a few times but the best two are prat and also Chatter. Either are worth considering
  • Spamalyzer - This addon keeps track of all the communication between addons so you can find out which ones may be lagging you
  • Spam Throttle - I want to bold this it's so great… it basically removes multiple chat spams, so if someone keeps LFG LFG LFG LFG LFG LFG, you only see it once
  • Tabbed Dungeon Browser - Why blizzard haven't done this I don't know, but it puts the LFD, LFR and Battlegrounds all in one window separated by tabs
  • tekKompare - ultralightweight equipment comparison tool, when you see an item it will show you what you have equipped
  • Tip Tac - A lovely little addon which improves the blizzard tooltip
  • TomTom - it's like a satnav… works really well with quest addons like wow-pro's levelling addons and also with Archy. Quite CPU hungry, only install if you have overhead free
  • Xloot 1.0 - a much nicer loot frame… make sure you get Xloot 1.0 not Xloot

Professions
  • Archy - This is an Archaeology helper... it tells you where the continental digsites are and will help you with keeping track of the artifacts etc. It will also interface with Tomtom to guide you to the next digsite. Very useful for easing a very painful skill. The original addon has some bugs and hasn't been updated for a while but the wowinterface link works perfectly
  • Fishing Buddy - very cool and very lightweight, will only appear when you have a rod equipped and lets you doubleclick cast and keeps track of what fish you have found and where.

Finance/Trading/Crafting
Remember that when you use an auctionhouse addon then you really need to do about 2-3 weeks of scans on a daily basis to get reliable price information
  • Auctioneer - Easily the heaviest addon in terms of CPU and memory usage... don't even go here if you don't have a decent system. That said, this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive auction house and trading system out there. If you're going to try and "play" the AH seriously then you need this. Seems to be only sporadically updated, you may want to try Auctioneeraddon.com for the latest release
  • Auctionator and AuctionMaster and AuctionLite all do similar things but use a lot less resources but are less comprehensive
  • TradeSkillMaster - I've not had a chance to try TSM yet but it has multiple modules that all link together so you can scan auctionhouses and also work out what's the best stuff to craft etc.
  • Acki's Recipe List - This is a cool little addon that will add a "Scan" button to your tradeskill window... after you click it, you'll be able to see which recipes are missing and where they can be purchased/quested etc. Great for things like "Iron Chef"
  • GatherMate2 - Pops a little icon onto your map to show you where herbs, nodes etc spawn. If you import the data from GatherMate2_Data then you pre-populate everything
  • LilSparky's Workshop - This is an awesome little addon that will show in your trade window the cost to make an item and the value for which you can sell/auction it. Integrates very nicely with most Auction scanners

Achievements
  • _NPCScan and NPCScan.Overlay - These are ESSENTIAL addons if you have any interest in looking for Frostbitten/BloodyRare/Timelost Proto-Drake/Aeonaxx rare mobs. The main addon will alert you whenever a creature is cached for the first time, the overlay will show you on your map & minimap where you look for these spawns.
  • Overachiever - is a cool enhancement to the achievement panel… it lets you search for keywords in Achievement text, and also gives you suggestions for what achievements you should be doing based on your zone/level etc

Postby DrKazza on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:28 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

Broker
This section really needs a bit of elaboration... if you've ever used Titan Panels or FuBar then you know what I'm talking about... Broker is the successor to these.
Most addons are Broker Compatible and you can clean up a lot of your UI by using Broker Addons.
They're very low in terms of CPU usage since the display module does most of the work and the addons just piggyback. This keeps them both lightweight and tidy.

First of all you NEED a Broker display...

Broker Displays
  • Chocolate Bar - Supercool update to Titan Panel... this is my favourite, very lightweight and very easy to use.
  • Titan Panel - one of the originals, and now can display broker addons, very neat and tidy - a great starting point.
  • Fubar - another great option but you need to install Broker2FuBar to get Broker Addons to work
  • Bazooka - a good replacement for FuBar that works with broker addons also
  • Button Bin - never used it sorry
  • Fortress - one of the more advanced ones... I tried it briefly but it started to look messy and ugly, would be impressive if you can spend some time on it

Broker Addons
  • Basic Brokers - The simplest of info, but very handy. Money (and rate of change) XP gains, Questlogs, Bags (how full) and Durability
  • Broker_Group - one of my fave broker tooltips... it's a replacement for groupFu which keeps track of rolls and does all sorts of other cool little things in a group
  • Broker uClock - A clock for the broker bar.
  • Broker_epgp - Displays guild EPGP standings
  • Dual Speccer - This addon allows you to one click switch specs without getting all that spell learning spam
  • Broker_Control - Useful for raid/partyleaders, allows easy readychecks, changing of difficulty/raidsize/Rolecheck etc
  • Broker_Equipment - Allows you to swap gear sets and update them quickly and easily.
  • Broker_FindGroup - Simple replacement for the Dungeonfinder minimap icon
  • Broker_mail - Simple replacement for the Mail minimap icon
  • Broker_SimpleQuestLog - Shows a list of your quests and objectives
  • Broker_tolBarad and - useful little addons that tell you who has control of these Battlegrounds and how long until the next battle
  • DBM Data broker if you have DBM installed and want it on a broker tip instead of a minimap icon
  • Broker_Recount if you have recount installed, get this
  • Spamalyzer - This addon keeps track of all the communication between addons so you can find out which ones may be lagging you
  • Golden Ticket - takes over the GM ticket functionality
  • ara_Broker_reputations - a reputation tracker... the one I use is no longer supported and ARA is not on curse (grrr...) going to try out gbroker: reputation or Factionbroker and will update accordingly
  • Broker Simple Currency - this will show you all your currencies, tol barad commendations etc in one easy tooltip
  • BrokerCPU - a great addon to monitor your fps latency and most important... which addons are slowing you down!!!... get this if you go crazy

Postby DrKazza on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:29 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

Screenshot of my current UI to come...

Meanwhile here's an older one with annotations

Postby DrKazza on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:30 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

I've changed a couple of addons but not many.

Postby Tonster on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Tonster

Christonabike :eek:

Just skim read that and pulled out some I see as must haves. Much gracias! And a definite thumbs up for the Curse installer, I used it way back when and started using it again last night.

"Annoyingly blizz has stopped you right clicking a buff to remove it" - Ahhh, so that's why I can't get rid of that damned Wyrmrest buff (all instance faction gains go on the Wyrmrest Accord) - so how do I get rid of that without an add on?

Pretty much the first thing I had to do last night was block guild invites. Must have had 20 invites in 5 minutes, it was ridiculous! I must google for how to set up an automated response again, "FO I don't want to be in your poxy guild".

Postby DrKazza on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:54 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

take off your fucking tabard!!!!

I think phanxbuffs or something like that will let you right click dismiss out of combat

Postby wicksman on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 am

wicksman
Forum Member
Awesome to the extreme!

Good thread, thanks :)

Next

Return to World of Warcraft