steamID: Sixxor
PSN: Sixxor
Xbox Live: Sixxor
AKA: Sixxor/Sixxor666
Twitter: @DonkeyBadger
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Battle.Net ID: Sixxor#2147
Bah, it hasn't been a grind since Burning Crusade came out.
With every major patch they're lowering the XP required to level and with every expansion the content gets easier.
Back in the days of Brains and Invidus we had to actually have tactics and skills to do even the level 60 5 man instances (Scholomance and Stratholme, them were the days!), never mind the raids - In fact, Stratholme was so hard that we were 10 man raiding it for a while even though it was meant to be a 5 man!
The level 60 content was rock hard and we didn't even get epics for the majority of it. Now everyone can be fully kitted out in epics from running heroic 5 mans.

Having to wait til level 40 and have 100g for a slow mount (when gold wasn't nearly as easy to amass) and then level 60 and 1000g for epic mounts.... now that was a grind. Now you can have normal mount at level 20 and an epic mount at level 40 for a fraction of that cost.
Even the cost for flying mounts and cold weather flying (which took me a while to reach as recently as last year) have been massively reduced now, and the only one that remains expensive is the Master Riding skill but that isn't really necessary. 5000g for an extra 30% flight speed? No thanks.

You kids have it easy these days, I tell ye! :)

Re: WoW where r u?

Postby Quinnbeast on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru
Internet Hitler says Noooooooo

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
No need to tell me about the XP changes mate, I rolled my first character in 2005. It's more than I've only played for a total of 6-8 months in that time, and over 3 different realms.

My experiences of anything approaching a mid to higher level instance are shit at best, I've never really had even a sniff of a half-decent group so it doesn't give me much to aspire to. Besides, most people can level 3 characters in the time frame it takes me to get to 40 it would seem. I've got no idea what it's like to play with a bunch of familiars - and since I'm always playing catch-up, I don't expect to. I might as well be playing a single player game for the amount of worthwhile interaction that comes my way. I just can't be fucked with PUGs or the rather lonely solo leveling; I got bored at level 68 this time. CBFA.

Postby Mister666 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:04 am

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

Ah we're actually quite similar. I have limited time to play, but the difference is I quite like solo levelling, so I have reached the level caps doing mostly that, and have seen some of the endgame stuff only because there's nothing else to do once you're at the cap. I do that only until I realise I'm only logging in through habit and quit until the next expansion comes out then the whole cycle repeats. :P
Mind you, after all that I've only just got my second level 80. First was a death knight last year and that was only as they start at 55, second was my original rogue from the launch of vanilla WoW who has been sitting at level 70 since the Burning Crusade days, but I dug him out and got him to 80 in preparation for Cataclysm.

Postby drtom on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:24 pm

drtom
Forum Guru
Once kissed a man

PSN: tom_rams
Twitter: tomso_
in preparation for cata i killed the LK and halion. woo :D

Postby Mister666 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 am

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

Still not done those. I stopped playing before they were released (was raiding Trial of the Crusader when I quit), and now I have approximately zero chance of getting into a raid for them because everyone demands that in order to get into their raid, you must already have all the achievements and a gearscore of 20 billion (I don't even know how to calculate my gearscore!) and know all the tactics.

So how exactly am I meant to get the achievements and learn the tactics if you won't let me in? Fuck em then I won't bother.

Postby drtom on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:13 am

drtom
Forum Guru
Once kissed a man

PSN: tom_rams
Twitter: tomso_
if your decked out in i232 (wotlk heroic dungeon level gear) with some t10 stuff youll survive icc, otherwise you probably wont (thats around a 5k gearscore)
although since the flexible raid locks people know hoe to do the first few bosses so well that they just race through them, when i pug icc i usually take a couple of new guys jsut to show them around and get them some gear then boot them when we get to the tactical bosses.

ruby sanctum is stupidly easy for an icc geared raid, once you get the fight mechanics down its piss, we did it on the 3rd go, no drops or titles either, dont worry bout missing that one :p

icc is fantastic though, sindragosa and LK are unreal fights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTeUVAaFOQg thats us :D im rolfarris one of the shadow priests, managed to average 10k dps that fight!

Postby Shagaire on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Shagaire
Forum Guru
pr0gaminglol

steamID: shagaire
Twitter: shagaire
Where are the void zones? ;D

Postby Mister666 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

drtom wrote:if your decked out in i232 (wotlk heroic dungeon level gear) with some t10 stuff youll survive icc, otherwise you probably wont (thats around a 5k gearscore)
although since the flexible raid locks people know hoe to do the first few bosses so well that they just race through them, when i pug icc i usually take a couple of new guys jsut to show them around and get them some gear then boot them when we get to the tactical bosses.

ruby sanctum is stupidly easy for an icc geared raid, once you get the fight mechanics down its piss, we did it on the 3rd go, no drops or titles either, dont worry bout missing that one :p

icc is fantastic though, sindragosa and LK are unreal fights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTeUVAaFOQg thats us :D im rolfarris one of the shadow priests, managed to average 10k dps that fight!

Yeah I do have mostly 232 gear, with a couple of 245s and a 264 relic, so I guess that should be enough.

Still it's mostly irrelevant now with Cata in... ooh 15 mins? I'll get better gear just from levelling to 85 no doubt.

I would like to see ICC and kill all the bosses as least once though just from a lore point of view as I loved the story of Arthas in WC3 so it would be good to experience the conclusion of it all. Maybe I'll get some guildies together for a blast through once we're all 85.

Postby Shagaire on Tue May 17, 2011 11:51 am

Shagaire
Forum Guru
pr0gaminglol

I finally quit, thank fucking god.

Postby feign on Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Shagaire wrote:I finally quit, thank fucking god.

playing anything else?

Postby Shagaire on Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 am

Shagaire
Forum Guru
pr0gaminglol

sc2, CS, half life, just messing about with things atm

Waiting for Guildwars 2, Diablo 3 and SW:ToR

Blizzard are losing the plot with wow every day, recycled content, bugs that go thro ptr to live and to top it off yesterday announced pay to play with friends on other servers in dungeons. Something they should have done ages ago free.

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft