Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Urgh, power level

Postby TK421 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm

TK421
Site Admin
You're the best thread of 2013

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
I hate this game. Or rather, I hate the low levels.

Whats the best method of getting PL'ed by a higher level (60-something death knight...). I assume its better to just hit up the dungeon finder and go through instances?

I'm level 20 and I'm just gonna urn through stockade/wc/rfc/gnomeregan.

Re: Urgh, power level

Postby DrKazza on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
Alliance scum.

The best ways of levelling quickly are:

1) Get a Bind to account item that has +10% experience... (you can get 2 of these to give you 20%)... unfortunately this means you need another toon at level 80 (ish)

2) Get on the recruit a friend program which gives you STUPID experience rates if you're partied with your friend and close by them (sounds like you're too late)

However, if you've given up on those ideas, and you don't have a level 80 to pull trash to you so you can aoe them (only really works with a mage/priest) the best way to level MOST efficiently is to follow Jame's levelling guides.
http://wow-pro.com/1-80_leveling_guides
Follow it to the letter and make sure you ALWAYS log out in an inn so you get rested experience.

Dungeon finder is good for loot & for cash, however if you have a crap group it can be a bore, also bear in mind that the old world dungeons take a LOOOOOONG time. BRD for a full clear is probably 4-5 hours at the right level, 5 hours will get you 3 levels on that guide (maybe)

Kazza
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby TK421 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 am

TK421
Site Admin
You're the best thread of 2013

Cheers doc!

Postby feign on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:13 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Instances while rested give a scarey amoutn of exp if you do with a correct level group.

Plenty of people levelled a while back from pvp, but you need to do the reading, as they ratehr nerfed it so that only a certain amount of bg pvp counted per day and only objectives, not kills, got exp.

Personally, as Kazza says Janes is great, but one proviso, I can't remember how up to date it all is, and they made some major increases to the levelling speed, both in vanilla wow land and outlands. so while I agree to follow Janes, the minute your quests in a zone are going green, move to the next one, as the exp nerf for green quests is pretty heavy and mob kills for green quests often tend to be grey so no exp.

I'd been holding off levelling anything until cataclysm, given many of the original zones will change heavily.

Comments on instances:
wc - unless with a group you know, don't bother, even wuith no travelling time now, size makes it a bind
shadowfang keep in silverpine is a joy - loads of bosses and got balanced a while back so that the level gap from initial mobs to final boss is much less, I'd defo do this 2-3 times ina row if you can get a group
blackfathom deeps is ok also at mid 20's
mauradon is nice if you can devote an evening to it, but I've always found uldaman a bind, as it has that chain that needs you to go in and out about 3 or 4 times.
brd - i've always liked, for the kinda massive "mines of moria" feel, but again, you can;t do it in one run, but there's loads of quests.
dire maul and scholo/strat/brs - you may get groups quick these days, but i'd just grind quests on wpl/epl/silithus and get into outland at the minimum level you can get the quests (it used to be 58)

Anyhow, my fave levelling zones, would be:
dustwallow marsh - when they redid it, it went from worthless to awesome, nice mini hubs, getting about 2-3 levels in almost 1 evening for mid 40's
tanaris - after dustwallow, pretty much everything you kill is for a quest
ungoro - again, after tanaris, and if you get the quests from SWa nd otehr places, almost everything you kill is a quest mob or quest drop kill
silithus - crap to grind quests, but there's 5 or 6 really easy quests there, adn if you want to levle cooking, the sandworm recipe is pretty much the only effective way to get from 290-300
felwood / winterspring - i have a love hate, love them on horde, hate them on alliance, god knows why, but I never finish the chains WS, as too much travelling.

Best of luck matey!

Postby steff on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 pm

steff
Forum Guru
Never mastered comma usage

quest + join LFG

dungeon completions + quest handins = levelz

getting to 70 is piss, then 70-80 has so many quests and zones you cannot run out or even get close.

though having friends to help with group quests etc is always useful
Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Postby feign on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Steff makes a good point about level 70+, as the alst time i did it, I'd completed hardly 1/2 of the zones before hitting 80, while doing a decent sprinkling of instances, so it;s now a lot less arduous than it was when WotLK arrived.

Again, when you see quests going green, move to the next zone. It's only worth doing one of the 2 starting zones - apart from prequests for instances - and I found Borean tundra on both horde and alliance to be betetr because the quest hubs were more compact.

Postby Pers on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Pers
Forum Guru
picacity personnified.

Hurry up and get 80 slacker! I need heals!

Postby Mister666 on Thu May 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

steamID: Sixxor
PSN: Sixxor
Xbox Live: Sixxor
AKA: Sixxor/Sixxor666
Twitter: @DonkeyBadger
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Battle.Net ID: Sixxor#2147
feign wrote:shadowfang keep in silverpine is a joy - loads of bosses and got balanced a while back so that the level gap from initial mobs to final boss is much less, I'd defo do this 2-3 times ina row if you can get a group

Hah, I remember us playing that in beta (old skool Brains ftw!) for hours and hours and wiping time after time on Arugal. It was such a bastard in those days, it took like 2 hours to get to him then he was rock solid, but we'd spent so long getting there that we didn't want to give up! Ah good times. :)

It was so ingrained in my mind from those days that when I started a death knight, I went and solo blitzed through it in abot 10 mins when I was about 75 and laughed in Arugals face. The smug bastard soon stopped cackling when I one shotted him! :P

Postby feign on Thu May 27, 2010 7:17 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

You do reaqlsie with the next expansion they will add to types of heroics to some old dungeons. Heroics for doing at the appropriate level of the normal dungeon, and heroic versions of teh old dungeons (like Deadmines) at max level. So Arugal gets to laugh again!

Postby Mister666 on Fri May 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

steamID: Sixxor
PSN: Sixxor
Xbox Live: Sixxor
AKA: Sixxor/Sixxor666
Twitter: @DonkeyBadger
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Battle.Net ID: Sixxor#2147
Yeah. That's why I'mnot gonna play Cataclysm! I know I said I wasn't gonna play Burning Crusade or Lich King either, but I really mean it this time!

Postby Tonster on Fri May 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Give in to the dork side, it is your destiny

Return to World of Warcraft