Dual spec

Postby Tonster on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Dual specs and needing 2 lots of equipment - Do we just have to lump it all into our bags, haul a spare set of gear around in case we swap specs, and have to switch every slot manually when we do (or at least use an add-on to swap it)? This is probably an idiotic question with a simple answer, but then at least it's in keeping with everything else :P

My main is a tankadin/healadin and the equipment is 100% different for each, that's 17 alternative items to carry around. Have I missed some kind of wardrobe option somewhere (not had much time to mess around/review patch notes yet)?

Re: Dual spec

Postby Yocote on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

Blizzard was/is working on an equipment manager that should solve precisely that issue. They had planned on releasing it in 3.1 but bumped problems that would take too long to solve - they didn't want to delay 3.1 for that.

So, in short: yes, you currently have to switch gear manually, one by one, but an easier way of swapping gear is coming "soon (tm)". And I heard today (not checked it myself yet) that there is some part of that upcoming switching feature implemented that shows a new flyout when you alt-click items you are wearing (showing a popup with the other items in your bags that would fit in that slot). Or maybe it was alt-hover instead of alt-click.

For now I'm restricting my dual speccing to characters where I can use the same gear in both specs :P (e.g. frost mage <-> fire mage).

Note that this only solves the issue of time spent swapping gear, not the issue that two sets of gear eat loads of bag space ...
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Re: Dual spec

Postby Tonster on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Ah cheers dude. Sadly I can't afford more than one dual spec char for now as I seem to be splashing the cash rather a lot recently (must have blown 10k on god knows what!).

For what it's worth to anyone this is a very good tankadin spec I've stolen off a web site (ignore the fact it says ptr in the link).
http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tAbuMusIufdts0x0c

Return to World of Warcraft