Postby Tonster on Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:35 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Yocote wrote:
Tonster wrote:Pet (Cunning): Dash (increases pet movement speed by 80% for 16 seconds, 32 sec cooldown)
Pet (Cunning): Boar's Speed (increases pet movement speed by 30%)
Pet (Cunning): Swoop (your pet swoops at an enemy imobilising the target for 1 sec)

Woohoo, my cat's gonna be an armour plated, self healing homing bullet \o/

I hate to bring this to you, but cats are ferocity, not cunning :) But then, ferocity pets are getting Dash, Boar's speed and charge/swoop ( http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/html/ ... rocity.php )

Damn, wowhead talent calc was wrong, swoop isn't a Ferocity talent, their calculator is wrong.

Ho hum, went and got myself a Devilsaur last night instead which looks kinda cool (white skin, pink glowing eyes), though I think the constant thump thump thump could get annoying and it makes everyone elses screen shake. They also need to sort its leg animation for being that small, his legs go 20 times faster than normal. My pet's now bigger than I am!

I take it Stormwind docks are where we'll head to Northrend from?

I hear retadins got a major buffing too, I might have to dust mine off and see what he can do.

Priest is certainly a good choice for making friends easily, and people tend to ignore whether you're Shadow spec which makes levelling easy and finding instance groups easy.

I use Curse Client too though it seems to be completely buggered currently, it can't ever connect to the server to update my add-ons :|

Re: We're all (Echoes of) Doomed!

Postby Yocote on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:33 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

Tonster wrote:Damn, wowhead talent calc was wrong, swoop isn't a Ferocity talent, their calculator is wrong.

It may still be correct - some spells have different names for different pets. Swoop and Charge are the same thing for instance, 'swoop' is the name used for flying pets (e.g. carrion birds), 'charge' for land pets (e.g. cats). Note that Charge (and swoop) are present for both ferocity and tenacity pets, in different positions in their talent trees. For tenacity pets it is always called 'charge', as there are no 'flying' tenacity pets.

And remember, whenever in doubt about anything hunter pet related, visit petopia :)
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby Yocote on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:42 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

Tonster wrote:I take it Stormwind docks are where we'll head to Northrend from?

There are two starter areas in northrend, the stormwind docks connects to one of those. I cannot remember where allies have the connection to the other starter area, but menethil harbor sounds likely. For hordies there are two new zeppelin towers, one in durotar (southwest of the main orgrimmar entrance) and one in tirisfal (right next to the old zeppelin tower).

Postby Tonster on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:49 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
I still say wow head is wrong as selecting 'cat' pet type still leaves Swoop showing. I shall sue! :P

Stormrage ws absolutely packed last night, there was actually a queue, it was great seeing Stormwind and Ironforge absolutely rammed again. Battlegrounds being down may have had something to do with it but still...

Postby Yocote on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

Tonster wrote:Stormrage ws absolutely packed last night, there was actually a queue, it was great seeing Stormwind and Ironforge absolutely rammed again. Battlegrounds being down may have had something to do with it but still...

I noticed the queue indeed. I saw it because I just got kicked out of Arathor, and was wondering whether Stormrage was still up :) Plenty of other realms were down at that time too, so yeah, the queue was kindof predictable. I cannot remember when was the last time that I saw that queing mechanism in action.

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft