Two player instance teams

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Re: Two player instance teams

Postby jhartelt on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:17 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

That is ok, lets chat about it on Tuesday. Waiting a few days more grants Gnorak a chance to accumulate some rest bonus. Have a good time with your family!

And thanks for the mats you gave to Yoco.

Postby Yocote on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
1 necklace returned to Qualm, another necklace + a ring returned to Gnorak
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby jhartelt on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:21 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Thanks, Yoco :!:

Postby feign on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:58 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Yocote wrote:1 necklace returned to Qualm, another necklace + a ring returned to Gnorak

you're a hero Luc, thanks :)

and Aye, I should have about a levle of rested exp by Wednesday I guess jurgen, which will be nice :)

Postby feign on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Opps.

Qualm is 24 (reasonably near 25 I think!) Juergen, mainly down to me realsiing I've not done the festival of fire content ever, and so wanting to go see it, and forgetting which toon I was on.

Basically, I won't do any playing of qualm apart from crafting outside our runs now, sorry!!!

Postby jhartelt on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:52 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Well, at least you now have access to some +44healing buff food :)

I also did the quests related to midsummer festival for the first time over the weekend. At least I cannot remember that I ever did them before. My level 65 Shaman over on Kilrogg got 11k XP for the quest in Ashenvale and 5.5k XP + about 2g for each fire he visited :O And there is a fire in nearly every area!
Sadly, he is too young for the Boss quest in Slave Pens. The Frost Elemental seems to drop some nice epics.

I am not sure yet how to get the 300+ Burning Blossoms required for the pet.

EDIT:
What is it with the Armory and Arathor characters? I see Gnorak as level 20 still, dating from 17th of June, when he has been 22 for a few days now? My character Graumaus on Gilneas shows as level 69, which she turned yesterday evening.

Postby feign on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:57 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I'd also noted that Arathor seems really slow to update, after seeing you at 20 when you'd already said you were 22 a fwe days ago, but Qualm only hit 24 on Sunday and she shows 24, so odd odd odd.

And aye, I have 10+ healing buff food!

Postby jhartelt on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:16 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

jhartelt wrote:I am not sure yet how to get the 300+ Burning Blossoms required for the pet.
Now I know. There are two daily quests with 10 blossoms reward each. And extinguishing enemy fires also grants 10 Blossoms.

Postby Yocote on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:52 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
jhartelt wrote:What is it with the Armory and Arathor characters? I see Gnorak as level 20 still, dating from 17th of June, when he has been 22 for a few days now? My character Graumaus on Gilneas shows as level 69, which she turned yesterday evening.

I got the impression in the past that lower level characters don't get updated as fast as higher level characters. Or there is some mysterious randomness involved... My rogue Zuq (lvl 68) on Arathor got a new mace yesterday and it shows up on the armory - it doesn't seem that was delayed at all. If there any delay effects, they should be the same as on Al'Akir, as Al'Akir and Arathor are in the same battlegroup (meaning the servers are in the same server farm).
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby feign on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Is Wednesday any good for 1st foray into WC?

About 20:45 cet would probably be fine for me for a few hours!

Postby jhartelt on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:47 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Yes, if you can really spare the time, lets play on Wednesday. I am not much of a sports fan in general or soccer in specific, so the soccer semi-finale is not of any interest to me.

As we said earlier, we will need to tackle WC in two steps. So we could clear the entry area; the ledges along the "river" bed; Anacondra somewhere on those ledges; follow the "river" west and walk to the second boss. Should take us some good two hours.

We will encounter many druids that can put us to sleep. They should be primary target, IMO. Next, I think, we should kill non-elite enemies, to quickly reduce the number of enemies clubbing or zapping my poor boar. Any remaining elite enemies last (probably only one in most cases). We do not have any spell casting interruption, do we?

Postby feign on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

1st half of wc was depressingly easy. Meaning I can;t play my priest outside insytances until it gets a lot tougher :(

Postby jhartelt on Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:38 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Yeah, we did the first half of the Wailing Caverns. As Damien wrote, it was very easy.

Upto Lady Anacondra, nearly everyone could have soloed the single-enemy opposition. From there, we jumped down into the gully and followed it westwards, aiming for Lord Cobrahn. On our way there, I managed to cause a wipe, by sending Gnorak's boar Rupert at a target behind the target I really intended him to charge. That brought four or five enemies on us. Oh well :)

For our efforts we got Gloves of the Fang, Robe of the Moccasin, Serpent's Shoulders

Looking forward to the second part.

Postby feign on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

jhartelt wrote:Yeah, we did the first half of the Wailing Caverns. As Damien wrote, it was very easy.

Upto Lady Anacondra, nearly everyone could have soloed the single-enemy opposition. From there, we jumped down into the gully and followed it westwards, aiming for Lord Cobrahn. On our way there, I managed to cause a wipe, by sending Gnorak's boar Rupert at a target behind the target I really intended him to charge. That brought four or five enemies on us. Oh well :)

For our efforts we got Gloves of the Fang, Robe of the Moccasin, Serpent's Shoulders

Looking forward to the second part.

actually, we didn't die from the jump and train at all, we feared adn resed your pet and were fine. The only death was that 2 x2 group pull with the patrol at the saeme time, one of those odd perspective pulls that I always hate!

Postby jhartelt on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:29 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Oops, forgot about that incident :oops: Hunter error number one concerning pet handling: I jumped down into the gully, leaving the pet to find its own route down there, aggroing a random number of enemies on the way.

Postby feign on Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Being realistic J, I'm not going to manage a slot before I fly to the US for the 2nd part of WC - and the next instance!

What is the coming weekend looking like for you?

Friday is the 4th of July, so I will be out that evening, but we're going to have to work both Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th, though probably not early mornings, so the same as we did last time, 6am Pacific time = 3pmish CET could work for Saturday and / or Sunday if any good for you? I could well be up for both Saturday and Sunday, but will know more by Thursday/Friday I guess.

As far as our next venture, I've just looked here - http://www.wowwiki.com/Instance (links to all instances and instance quests there!)

And I'd say that the order looks like
* Shadowfang Keep (advised 18-21)
* Blackfathom Depths (advised 22-24)
* Razorfen Kraul (advised 24-27)

I think Qualm is already qualified for all the pre-req's for the SFK, but there are nice rewards there. I think SFK got retuned recently, as it used to have a big gap between teh level of teh st mob and teh final boss, which meant even 5 man groups used to struggle with the boss. If we're both about, then WC #2 on Saturday and SFK on Sunday would sound fun!

Postby jhartelt on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:53 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

As you said earlier, no need to rush things :)

Next Saturday will be ok for me, Sunday might be out.

While Gnorak got some nice things in WC, and will most probably get one or two more, SFK will have more drops suitable for Qualm.

Postby feign on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

was my desire for getting into SFK so obvious :p

Postby feign on Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:41 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Saturday morning my time, Saturday afternoon any use for you J?

Postby jhartelt on Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:58 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Sure, Saturday is ok for me. Sorry if I was not clear about that. How early do you want to get up? I will try to be online a bit ahead of time, so I can tame some higher level Boars to learn a few new skill levels from them.

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft