Two player instance teams

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Re: Two player instance teams

Postby jhartelt on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:46 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Gnorak turned 18 yesterday. I really doubt I will be able to play him to 22 till Saturday. I will know on Thursday evening/night :)

Shall we switch the early morning spot? When next we play, be it this Saturday or the next, should I get up around 6:30am, so we can start playing at 7:00am my time? For you it should be 22:00 on Friday then. Or is that too late to start for you?

About the quests: Yes let's do those together. Aside from the Bottle of Port quest, they can all be done inside the instance.

Postby feign on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:10 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

This whole week and the beginning of the weekend, my timing is going to work against us. I'm in the middle of a beta-site trial that won't complete until Saturday morning, so I'm working 18 hour+ days and the rest of the time is spent mostly sleeping. Sunday am may be viable, or sunday evening, so we could wait and see how you are on Thursday for that. But it's really no issue if we just let it ride for a week, the idea of the group was hardly to turbo-level anyway!

/wave to all

Postby jhartelt on Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:01 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

feign wrote:so I'm working 18 hour+ days and the rest of the time is spent mostly sleeping.
Oh my, and spend it sleeping you should with that work load.

feign wrote:But it's really no issue if we just let it ride for a week, the idea of the group was hardly to turbo-level anyway!
Absolutely true. I will take it slow then and aim for next week's Saturday.
There might be one other small obstacle to this project though: The Diablo2 ladder will be reset on 17th. I already spent yesterday evening with muling all the interesting stuff from all of my current ladder chars to as few of them as possible to make the muling after the reset easier. Three characters are left now, which will get unloaded after the reset to the non-ladder mules and then deleted to make room for fresh ladder characters. Yeah I know, I am unlikely to ever play my off-ladder chars. But you never know :)

Postby feign on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:51 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Now, you're making me tempted to dig out the d2 discs again!

Which are probably the perfect play things while in the usa on long hours. But I'd not wnat to play hc from here on the Eu server, as going by how filled with lag spikes my wow can be, that would be a terrible idea!

Postby jhartelt on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I have actually been tempted by Typhon to play a character on useast, recently. I think I will restart the Bow Necro on useast after the ladder reset. So many options what and where to play and so short on time to follow them all :)

You have those discs with you, buried in the depths of your laptops hard drive?

Talking about lag spikes in WoW, I don't mind to wait with another of our 2 character instance romps, till you are back home in England. As you already said, no need to rush things.

Postby feign on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:36 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

No, discs are in uk, but there's a possibility (small at the moment, but I'm pining my hopes on it!) that I may be back for a few days next week, so who knows.

The main wow lag was due to poor hotel wireless setups, and I'm back in a bigger and better hotel as of tonight (whenever I get out of here!) so that should be better. So I'd rather we at least tried for opportunities for instances while I'm here!

Postby jhartelt on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:18 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

feign wrote:So I'd rather we at least tried for opportunities for instances while I'm here!
That is, of course, very ok with me :) Next week's weekend (19./20.) will see us hit the Wailing Caverns then.

Postby feign on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:25 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Disc Priest Build for 2 man team.

My current build at 21 is pretty opbvious - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVx0z
5 in impr wand
5 in reduce threat
1 in inner focus for teh free cast.

Next is choice time really.

I had thought mediatation pretty useless at low levels, but, I need it for Divine spirit, which is the spirit buff.

Now, spirit may actuaqlly be one of our biggest friends, as long fights are what we'll have lots of, so should I be building for the DS buff and gear that's spirit heavy?My feeling is probably yes.

Postby jhartelt on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:07 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I, too, feel that Spirit will be our friend, because fights against more than 2 enemies will take some time.

Gnorak is 19.5, by the way. I have yet to do the Quests in Deathholme, which will carry him well into level 20. After that I will settle over into Ratchet or Camp Taurajo and do some quests in the Barrens.

Postby feign on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:04 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Qualm is 22 now, so I'm where we wanted. I'll spec for mana regen/spirit buff when I'm next online.

At 19.5 there's very quick quests in stonetalon (go to ratchet 1st for 2 quests "go find ziz whateverhisnameis" and teh spider egg quest). The "bad tauren" chain is easy at 19.5a dn gets decent exp, as does the named spider (very decent staff upgrade) who's no longer elite and the ones killing the logger and getting the blueprints is just easy money.

I'll pick up the 2 quests in the cave above WC, so don't worry, I'll share them.

Postby feign on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:39 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Juergen - I was talking the Yoco the other night, about getting his Jewelcrafter to create us some low level jewelry to help us.

For you at 22 and me at 23 (oops), I was thinking of:

Qualm (disc/heal priest)
Neck - Brilliant Neck - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=36523
Ring 1 - Already have grabed a decent ring from guild bank!
Ring 2 - 3stam/2spi quest reward ring from Zoram strand

Gnorak (beastmaster hunter)
Neck - Brilliant Neck - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=36523
Ring 1 - Inlaid Malachite ring - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25283
Ring 2 - Inlaid Malachite ring - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25283

I was using http://www.wowhead.com/?spells=11.755 for my recipe source.

Mats = 4 copper, 4 Malachite, 12 bronze and 2 moss agate, which I think I have everything except th3 moss agate and I will see if there any we can borrow to refill later in the guild bank.

Any thoughts before I get the mats and mail them to Yoco?

Yoco - Which toon is your JC to whom I should send the materials to?

Postby Yocote on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:34 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
feign wrote:Ring 1 - Inlaid Malachite ring - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25283
Ring 2 - Inlaid Malachite ring - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=25283

That won't work - all JC rings are 'unique-equiped', so you can wear only one of each type.

feign wrote:Yoco - Which toon is your JC to whom I should send the materials to?

send them to 'Yococo' - and put a message here when you have sent them: my wow playtime is a bit chaotic lately, partially because of finally installing Diablo2 again on my 'new' (2 year old) computer :) Also: the upcoming weekend is midsummer, which is kindof a big happening here, so I may not be behind a keyboard as much as I am used to.
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby jhartelt on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I did not want to molest Yoco at our low level already :)

Of course I will gladly accept a Malchit ring.

EDIT:
Yoco, concerning Diablo2, are you playing in Amazon Basin games?

EDIT2:
Damien, concerning our next session, have any preference on the day, Saturday or Sunday, or the time?

Postby Yocote on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
jhartelt wrote:I did not want to molest Yoco at our low level already :)

Of course I will gladly accept a Malchit ring.

Any suggestions what you would want for the second ring? :)

jhartelt wrote:EDIT:
Yoco, concerning Diablo2, are you playing in Amazon Basin games?

No, I've just been playing the single-player game a bit - that makes it easier to keep my own backups (no disappearing characters after 90 days...), and using ATMA I can keep/move useful things I find for other characters easily (not to mention being able to use the same imbue multiple times :) ). I don't think I will start playing D2 intensively again, but its nice to have that "oh yeah, that was how it was" effect again after not touching it since january 2005 ... So far I got a bowazon to level 28, to late act 4.
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby feign on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:39 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

For Juergen's 2nd ring, maybe a
Bronze band of force would be a good idea? - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=37818

I have all the materials and it's likely a better ring anyway :)

As to time for Sat/Sun, I'll know better over the next day or so I think.

Postby feign on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Ok, timings.

Right now, my travel and work plans are just changing, so I may be flying back from the US on Friday morning, which won't get me back home until Saturday evening, so that would rule out Saturday completely, but it would let us chose any evening over the coming week or 2.

However, if I can't fly out until Saturday for instance, A Saturday morning session may be excellent for me as we did last time.

I won't know flight availability until early morning Friday my timer = friday afternoon/evening Europe time, and will post here then. If I forget to post, it will be because I am flying on Friday, I guess!

Postby jhartelt on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:31 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Sure lets clear up the time tomorrow.

Really, I am not too concerned about items yet. I think i will get a ring reward out of one of my remaining quests too. Will post that later.

Shall I send you some gold for the mats for the malachite ring, Damien?

Postby feign on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:15 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

The materials are all provided by the few toons I'm running to try to provide us with the few bits and bobs to give us the best chances, like pots and made items. So no need for any cash at all!

A few = 2 or 4 pieces of medium leatehr when you have some would be great, as I'll made some of the nice silk boots once I can, which have loads of spirit on, but qualm still lacks wool to elvle, and she's the highest of my toons, so zero rush!

As far as items, I'm not attempting a major twink plan (like the low level pvp'ers do), but it seems just sensible to get the easy to access stuff sorted!

Postby jhartelt on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:24 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Gnorak is 22 now, ready for our visit to the Wailing Caverns. I taught nature resistance to the Boar, since we will face a lot of druids in the Caverns. It is only 30 resistance, but every little bit helps.

I got a ring with stamina and critical hit rating on it, so don't need a second one crafted atm :)

Sent some roses and earthroot to Scindo, in hopes he could use them for alchemy.

Postby feign on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:09 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Jurgen, you should have some agility pots in your bags now! Scindo's now able to make the bigger square health pots, but I lack the ingreds atm. As fa as flowers, anything from Briarthorn/strangekelp on is useful, things below that less so now.

I am flying out of the US today, so doing Saturday is impossible (I won't arrive home until 6pm on Saturday and will be with the family all evening I guess) and Sunday unlikely. We could chat on Tuesday evening about what day may make sense to pop into WC for our first trip. If that sounds ok?

Yoco, I sent the mats for the malachite ring and 2 cheap necklaces to Yococo!

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft