WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Re: Two player instance teams

Postby Yocote on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
I have even two mages that can make the portal. But at level 61 it should be no problem at all - just wriggle your way through the lvl 62/63 ravagers in the pass to zangarmarsh, then it should be easy. HOWEVER, be sure to pick up the intermediate flight point (in the bloodelf town) - hordies need that FP in order to be able to fly between shatt and Thrallmar (allies have a straight flight shatt-honor hold).
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby feign on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:16 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Juergen - Did we agree a level goal before we do SM Library?

From - http://www.wowwiki.com/Instances_by_level - they say the mobs are 33-35. Now given there are lots of multi mob pulls (3-4), and at 36 I have a new rank of fortitude and shield, there's a reason to maybe consider getting to 36?

Just let me know your thoughts.

Basically, after we do SM Lib, we'd be doing Razorfen Downs (34-37) and SM Armoury (35-37) immediately after also, pretty much.

Postby jhartelt on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

No, we did not agree on a level to enter the library with. 36 is ok with me, though. It will take me a few days to get Gnorak there. I will keep you updated.

Postby feign on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:28 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

If you prefer we can have at try earlier, I'm easy. According to the armoury I'm only 33 now and everything until the first boss was pretty easy, but then he felt a very big step-up. We could try at 34 if you fancy, that will give us some skills, and then if that doesn't work, try 36?

Personally I like to do the instances with significant rest exp, as we tend to get almost a level per run that way just from kills, so maybe trying at 34 is the right call, if we don't manage the first boss, we can always clear on a little and see our tactics for returning againts the 3 and 4 mob groups?

so 34 as fact finding?

Postby jhartelt on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:04 am

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I would say, let us try at 36. The boss pack gave us quite a beating at our current level.

Postby feign on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:50 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Ok, well I'm 33 right now I think, I'll get online and start doing some quests!

Postby jhartelt on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:23 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I played Gnorak till 34.

Postby feign on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:27 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

I've started completing some quests then to catchup. The priest is still only 33 1/2, I'll make some time over the next few days to get it up, I hope.

Postby jhartelt on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:52 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I have played Gnorak to level 35.

With the new patch out, I re-read pet descriptions on Petopia. From there it seemed like bears and gorillas would make the "best" tanks, as they have area attacks. I tried both a bear and a gorilla and so far the gorilla wins hands down. His thunderstomp does around 150 damage right now to all adjacent enemies, with a 10 second cooldown. While the gorilla tanks 3 enemies, I can use multishot without drawing a secondary target to me :) It will be interesting to see if Blizz will tone down the thunderstomp skill or improve on the bear's swipe skill. The latter hits up to 3 targets in front of the bear. On my current bear the hits are between 45 and 60 damage, with a 5 second cooldown.

So, for now I will travel with a gorilla. I don't really like the looks of the first type of gorilla, which is available at level 32. It will take a few more levels before a black gorilla becomes available, whose looks I like much more.

Good news on the pet talent front: The tanking pets have a "taunt" talent. The bad news is: It is on the lowest tier of the talent tree. As a BeastMaster, I could get there at level 60, at which point we will be through with most of the instances the two of us could conquer.

EDIT: Fixed links to Petopia.
Last edited by jhartelt on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Yocote on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:02 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
jhartelt wrote:... I tried both a bear and a gorilla and so far the gorilla wins hands down. ...

Thank you for that info! You just saved me quite a bit of testing time for my level 35 dwarf hunter - i was wondering whether I should switch to bear or to gorilla (currently using a boar). You just answered that question.
Alt-o-holic extraordinaire

Postby jhartelt on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:00 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I searched around a bit for pet info today. While doing that, I came upon BigRedKitty's Gorilla video :) Very fun to watch, IMO. Now I am convinced, that Thunderstomp will get nerfed by Blizz one day.

EDIT:
I found in the BRK blog, that BRK refers to the gorilla pet as the "gorilladin". Hehe, aptly named, after seeing that video.

Postby viadro66 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:25 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

You are playing on Arathor? Hmm looking at your progression I am thinking to maybe keep my Boomkin in the appropriate level to potentially jump into a fight (when you will hit the 2 men instance wall).

Feign - do you still play on Al'Akir? I have two lev 70 chars there (including my main priest) but in the current raiding Aztects there are too many people I do not want to interact too much with - just standard internet crap. I am considering either keeping my chars there and look for some gaming looking for friends in xbrains, or moving those chars to Arathor (does RKY need a disc priest?).

Regards
via

Postby feign on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:26 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

viadro66 wrote:You are playing on Arathor? Hmm looking at your progression I am thinking to maybe keep my Boomkin in the appropriate level to potentially jump into a fight (when you will hit the 2 men instance wall).

Feign - do you still play on Al'Akir? I have two lev 70 chars there (including my main priest) but in the current raiding Aztects there are too many people I do not want to interact too much with - just standard internet crap. I am considering either keeping my chars there and look for some gaming looking for friends in xbrains, or moving those chars to Arathor (does RKY need a disc priest?).

Regards
via

I have a 60 warrior in Yakkies and play it a bit with Derek who has one at 63 I think - the mighty Smushski from Al'Akir! - that we were planning to level together now! The only issue has been that since the patch, Arathor seems to have had queues, so I've not been on. Saying that, when I logged onto Nanny to respec her, Stormrage had loads of lag, so it seems that many servers have some issues with 3.02.

I too have mostly stopped playing on Al'Akir for much the same reason. My game time is split between Arathor and Shattered Halls, with Shattered Halls being the majority currently. The issue with there is that I'm playing with friends who wanted to try alliance, so you couldn't transfer your Al'Akir priest in :( I do have baby alts also there, if you fancy remaking!

I will level Qualm over the next few days to 36, I promise J!

Postby viadro66 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:51 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

feign wrote:
viadro66 wrote:I have a 60 warrior in Yakkies and play it a bit with Derek who has one at 63 I think - the mighty Smushski from Al'Akir! - that we were planning to level together now!

I have a lev 60 shammy on Arathor, but am considering trying DK as well. If DK will be boring to me melee shammy should play its role. Now with the change to melee shamies they are also much betters healers with int being primary stat, so having such a char in team can be beneficial.

Regarding Shattered Hand - I do have some ally alts on Stormrage, but do not thing that will be able to keep activities with WFM, Arathor - which willl be my main server (priest and DK/shammy, other alts waiting), and additional server. 2-3 chars played simutanously is max (or even a bit over max) of my current abilities.

Regards
via

Postby feign on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Adam - I look forward to getting some play time together Adam! The yakkies are very decent on doing instances to help people, so we should manage some 5 mans if we're lucky, if not, we can smush stuff :) I'm currently running the warrior around all the inns getting the 4.5k exp for each bag of sweets for halloween, mainly as I can;t figure out how to spec him at 61. People say Arms is best, fury is fun, but protection does enough damage to be solo-able in. any thoughts?

Juergen - Priest is 34 1/2 now and still hasn't started doing the shimmering flats quests, so I should be 36 or near it by the time I get those done, if not, the first few in desolace should fix that. I'm on vacation next week - 1/2 term at schools here so time off with children to make up for being away for most of the summer! so I'm trying to get up to 36 asapso we can get playing now!

Postby feign on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:10 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

ok, priest is 36 now!

Got some new skills I need to try out from the changes to priests racials.

Postby Scotski on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:27 am

Scotski
Forum Regular

I've got Toons all over the place

Main playing realms are

Stormrage - WFM char and AH char only
Arathor - lvl 63 wannabe warrior, lvl 40ish lock, lvl 22 hunter and lvl 36 shammy who Ive not touched in 1.5 years plus AH char to fund all the fun.
Shattered Halls - low lvl 22 ish priest - not touched in over a year
A'Akir - nothing worth a damm really as Ive moved most toons away.

I'm trying to get my lock up to 60+ as I find a warrior frustrating to solo - no healing too much dying :( much more fun in a group :) I've limited Wow time till 24 Nov so I'll prob split it between WFM and Arathor toons with feign. After 24 Nov I have a week of batchelor lifestyle (wife and wee ones away :) ) so I plan to blitz my lock on Arathor up past 60.

Derek

Postby feign on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:25 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Juergen - let's arrange tonight when we should do some more in SM, Wednesday or Thusday currently look fine (Weds is better though!)

Postby jhartelt on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:38 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Ok, lets consider tomorrow then. Should we visit the graveyard again, as there is a special boss present during the scourge invasion?

Postby feign on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:24 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

jhartelt wrote:Ok, lets consider tomorrow then. Should we visit the graveyard again, as there is a special boss present during the scourge invasion?

Quick graveyard run and then on to the other wings, to see how far we can get sounds fine to me? I'll get online as early as I can, hopefully it will be before 19:45 uk time.

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft