WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Re: Two player instance teams

Postby feign on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:21 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

jhartelt wrote:
feign wrote:Shall we try and get Mauradon done this week?
I was visiting my friend Sabine yesterday, so it would have to be today or tomorrow afternoon. An alternative might be next Tuesday, as the wfm game will not take place that day.

Let's pencil it in for Tuesday then?

Postby jhartelt on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:41 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Yes, lets visit Maraudon today.

In an unusual (for me) bout of activity, I have started a blog over on wordpress. In the first entry, I describe the basics of our little instance team. I currently intend to post progress reports of our exploits. There is no telling how long I might keep this blog thing going. But for now it is there. I think I will even make a post for our last visited instance, Zul Farrak. I surely cannot remember enough details of our earlier instance runs, to write a post about each one. I might do a "the story so far" post though, to list one or two things we experienced about each instance.

Some things I wonder about
  • How do you want to be referenced in the posts on that blog? Damien? Feign? Just with your priests name Qualm? You probably have a Wordpress account? For now I called you an on-line buddy.
  • Would you like to proof read/add to what I plan to post about our team? It seems I can give four types of privileges to other Wordpress users. If that does not help, I could pm you what I want to post. Or send it via Skype I guess.

Postby feign on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:28 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Juergen, I overlooked the fact that tonight is pancake night and that I'm tasked with tossing pancakes!

So I'll be online, but i may be a little late. Feel free to start with the rock quest I guess for yourself if you want, and I can do it some other time.

As for the blog, that sounds great and I'll have a read later. I'm happy for you to reference me however you would chose to, Damien, who plays Qualm the priest, or just Qualm, I'm easy really. I don't currentlyt have a wordpress account, but had toyed with writing some posts about gaming with my son, so I may end up getting one. And no, I don't feel I need to proof read anything!

And as the children are both here:

Lewis offers :rolling:

And Rose :rolling: also

Postby feign on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:09 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Mauradon feels like the longest and slowest run so far!

Well, we've done one of the sides, and some big pulls and kiting tactics, but no wipes. So bring on side 2 and the Princess!

Postby feign on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:48 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Finally learnt mend pet! So glyph in your mail.

If wfm doesn't happen tonight, we can do Sunken Temple, or the first half, tonight, I guess.

Postby jhartelt on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

feign wrote:Finally learnt mend pet! So glyph in your mail.

feign wrote:If wfm doesn't happen tonight, we can do Sunken Temple, or the first half, tonight, I guess.
Sure, we could do the lower level with all the snakes, the statues and the summoned boss.

Postby feign on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:46 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I almost posted about this tonight, but it would have been late notice. Fancy trying eitehr next wednesday or thursday?

Postby jhartelt on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:11 am

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Yes, sounds good to me. Whichever evening suits you best, mate.

Postby feign on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I've changed the priests 2nd profession to enchanting - from herbalism, so it means I will have to farm pots on another toon, which is no big issue! - and used all the materials I had from grinding JC on my lock to provide levelling matts (as well as some tailored stuff I'd kept) - and I'm 285 now. So we could meet before we try the 2nd half of ST in Undercity and I could see what enchants I can do to help and then diss greens for more!

Is this Thursday any good for ST 2nd part?

Postby jhartelt on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:03 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Thursday will be fine. 20:30 again?

Postby feign on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

jhartelt wrote:Thursday will be fine. 20:30 again?

Should be fine :)

Postby feign on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:51 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

ST cleared and after hand ins (including in Moonglade for Mauradon!) just over 53.5.
I've parked the priest at Kargath, ready for first - I expect of many - forays into BRD, given it took a few runs even in 5 man mode.

I've also noticed that in 3.1 they changed the rules for what you can use http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35555 and http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35549 on now, with it just being "over level 50". My druid LW can make those J, so which would you like I'm guessing the sta/agi assuming that the sta passes to your pet. Just let me know and I'll get the matts together and craft a few. I'll be getting spellthreads for nanny's legs with sta on!

Postby jhartelt on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:49 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

A "normal" hunter would choose the Cobrahide patch. But with Jules being our instance tank, I would prefer the Clefthoof one. Please consider that I now have some more characters on Arathor, besides Gnorak. My Shaman Leatherskin is also able to craft the clefthoof patch. So, you don't need to go hunt for clefthoof leather.

Postby feign on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:35 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

There's a list of all the BRD quests here - http://www.wowwiki.com/Blackrock_Depths_Quests

My initial thoughts on the quests we should have ready for our first trip in would include:

1) The key quest - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3801 - gettable while dead (remember to talk to him twice when dead) - This is our first priority I guess to complete.
2) Ribbly Sprewsprocket - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4136 - from BS windrider point.
3) Heart of the mountain - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4123 - from BS windrider point
4) Lost thunderbrew recipe - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4134 - pre-req from UC to find vivien legrage in Kargath.
5) Disharmony of flame (1 of 2) - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3906 - from Kargath, mob is outside BRD entrance
6) Kill on sight - (1 of 2) - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4081 - from Kargath notice board
7) Rise of machines - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=4063 - from Kargath, pre-reqs in BS and Badlands.

??) There's a few quests, like the commander gor-shank chain and the last element that can't be picked up until we've done the first part of disharmony of flame. Maybe we should solo that first? As gor-shank makes sense to have as we will be killing in that region for KoS #1

Basically, to get the key, we go most of the way to the inn, but if we decide to do the inn 2nd time, then could leave 2,4,7 until 2nd session.

Any thoughts?

Postby jhartelt on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:34 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Thanks Damien :!:

Let's kill Pyron first (outside the instance), turn that in, get follow ups, then go in and do the key quest. We could either stop at Incendius (followup to Pyron) or, if some time is left, move down the hall towards Bael'gar. I seem to remember, that the quest for Bael'gar does not require the half dozen prequests in Searing Gorge, but only a visit to the cave in north eastern Steppes. Second session could then be the first of possibly several sessions, in which we move towards the inn (and beyond). Too bad we cannot teleport there outside of the brew fest event.

Postby feign on Tue May 19, 2009 12:27 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Shall we poke our noses into BRD tonight?

I'll likely be available maybe 20:40-21:00 if that's any good for you J.

Postby jhartelt on Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Yeah, we really should start with BRD. I should be online around 21:00st.

Postby feign on Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

jhartelt wrote:Yeah, we really should start with BRD. I should be online around 21:00st.

Great, if I get on early I'll run Derek through Underbog, to help his lock on it's run towards the North!

Postby feign on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Juergen, I know we talked about tonight, but it now looks unlikely that I will manage to get online at any reasonable time, due to some family things I need to do, what with it being my wife's birthday tomorrow and us away for teh weekend also, leaving early tomorrow, sorry :(

Postby jhartelt on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

No prob, mate. Have a good time!

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft