Two player instance teams

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Re: Two player instance teams

Postby jhartelt on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:51 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Damien, I am really sorry. No idea if we would have played, because we now know that Uldaman is currently off limits for our small team. Still, I was planning to come online around our usual game time.

Alas, while shopping, I met someone from the place I last worked at. A woman I have been adoring for quite some time. Shy man that I am, I never dared to speak up to her, not in a work related environment. This time, in a super market, it seemed safe enough to me. But I needed to draw out our conversation to build up some resolve (or is that spine ;)). And a good long talk we had. Now I know she has a partner already and a child and both for years.

And now that I arrived home, I realise that I totally forgot about our Tuesday game. With a bit of luck you were busy with family duties and did not notice my absence :)

I'll go drown myself in chocolate now.

Postby feign on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:04 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Gah Juergen, I totally forgot also, in the run up to Christmas, really sorry!

Next Tuesday I will not be about, as we're away in London with the children visiting my family for a few days.

so it looks like the first Tuesday in January for a weefreemen game and then you and I can chat about the next instance. I think I'll try adn get all my pre-quests ready for Uldman anyway if I have time, as we'll be needing them 1 way or another!

Postby viadro66 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

jhartelt wrote:(...) No idea if we would have played (...)

If you need a third char to activate some events just call. If I know the date there is a good chance I will be able to log with one of my chars. Now when I finally replaced faulty computer I hope to come online on a regular basis.

Regards
via

Postby jhartelt on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:12 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Damien, I have done the first step of the Orgrimmar quest, the Necklace_Recovery. The second step requires us to enter Uldaman, which we will do together, of course.

Postby feign on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:02 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

I've done that step also now, and along with teh 225 cooking quest in tanaris, I've hit 41.

I still need to do the other prequests for Uldaman, so will possibly be near 41.5 by then.

Postby feign on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:50 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I did Zul Farrak yesterday and summoned the big fish without the hammer, so I'm pretty sure we're good to go in Uldamana now. Which days are good for you J ?

Postby jhartelt on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:58 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

I am busy on Monday, Tuesday and Sunday evenings. So, next Wednesday evening would be fine for me, for example.

Postby feign on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:41 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Let's do Wednesday then, I'll make sur eI get Nanny to Kargath and collect up the other prequests (I've done the first necklace part already.)

I'll try my bets to be online before 8:30 server time.

Postby jhartelt on Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Ok, see you tomorrow then. Or rather, see Qualm tomorrow ;)

Postby feign on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Just completed all the pre-quests I think and hit 42 on hand-ins :(
I figured I may as well train, as next level of shield will be used.

I'm not 100% sure what I should be doing as far as hearth. I'm on the "find dead pally" bit of the necklace chain, but hearth is in TB, and I'm parked in Kargath and I simply can't remember if we have to do another Orgrimmar trip before the final part of the instance.

Anyhow, see you this evening.

Postby feign on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:38 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Oops,. I meant to say that Uldaman was just peachy. The hordes of scorpions got holy nova's down, odd that back at release, they were so problematic. And teh final boss, was tough actually, mainly down to the 2 elite adds, but doable!

Ok, just completed Screcher spirits and 2 quests I wasn't doing to ride past in Ferrelas and I'm 46.25ish, having just trained.

But I've just realsied the one quest I don;t have for ZF, the one that starts from picking up a poison bottle from the troll camps in Hinterlands. It's probably worth getting isn't it? Given we'll be clearing the room it is in for the scarab shells anyway?

Postby jhartelt on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:03 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Is that the chain ending in Shadra Alor with a fight against a large spider? I did that chain of quests once, I think. Yes, lets also do that. Perhaps try not to reach 47 in the progress?

Postby feign on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:05 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Aye shadra alor is a 55 group boss, so nice to do together one night also.

If I'm right we get a bottle, take to Tarren Mill, then go back and get an undamaged venom sac, which we take back to TM, then go to the troll starter village and then ZF. The only quest I'll do at the same time is the one for the troll skulls from STV in the same camp as the first bottle, but I'll not hand it in. So I should be ok!

Postby feign on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:46 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Ok, done the poison quest, so I think I have all the ZF quests ready now.

I'm 46.7ish and in the inn in Tanaris.

Shall we try for next Wednesday evening, by which time we should have a decent amount of rest exp build up?

Postby jhartelt on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 pm

jhartelt
Forum Regular

Next Wednesday will be fine. Looking forward to it :)

Postby feign on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

See you this evening then!

Postby feign on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:38 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

ZF cleared.

Healer is 48, parked in the Desolace inn and only needs to cillect the quest inside rhe orange pre-caves. I guess we could do the rock shards quests separately, which would ensure we don;t spend too long outside instance when we do go in?

Postby jhartelt on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 am

jhartelt
Forum Regular

My hunter is also 48 now and parked in Desolace.

I realized something last night while thinking about our 2 player team's future.

I know that level 60 is still some time ahead of us, but I realized that there are more level 60 instances in the old world, than we could possibly play through at level 60. We have the Temple waiting at 50, BRD at 55 and Dire Maul East at about 58.

The remaining instances on Azeroth, Dire Maul North and West, Scholomance, Strathholme and LBRS we should enter at 60. We will gain at least one level in each instance, judging by past experiences. So, after playing through two of them we will most probably be too strong for the remaining ones. Perhaps we can enter one of them before turning 60?

Perhaps you have some experience from being in those instances. From memory, we have not been in them with the wfm group. With said experience we could probably arrange an order of difficulty. I seem to remember from the pre-BC days, that the Dire Maul instances were considered the most difficult 5-player instances in the game.

Seeing that we will be over-leveled in some of these instances, I want to suggest, that we postpone our visit to Outland until after we either conquered those instances or realized, that we cannot beat them with our then current gear. My reasoning being, that the first Outland items are equal in quality to the best blue and even some purple items from Azeroth, which would give us a second edge besides a level above 60.

Your thoughts?

Postby feign on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:48 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I think I agree with your logic entirely.

For instance level, I've been using this list - http://www.wowwiki.com/Instances_by_level

I seem to remember that Sunken Temple was one that got it's level altered a bit when they rebalanced some of the 5 man's, so it should not be done almost back to back with Mauradon, and then the 1st part of BRD almost straight after that as well.

As for Dire Maul, 55/56 for east is fine, 58 for North and 60 for West was what it used to be, but seems West may have been slightly toned down.

From memory on difficulty, the order of instances from now would probably be - with starting goal level?:
Mauradon - if we do the rock prequest before our runa dn we should ge tthe rest in 1 run! - 48
Sunken Temple - 49-50 (un-goro prequest tough at this level, as 54 mobs)
Black Rock Depths - may take up to 3 runs to do it all - start 51/2
DM East - 56
DM North - try at 58
Stratholme - 59 some epl preQ
Scholo - 60 one of us at least needs to do the key chain
DM West - 60/61
Lower BRS - 61+

Shall we try and get Mauradon done this week?

And Lewis would like to add a few very out of context smilies - CocoPops Frosties

Postby jhartelt on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:38 am

jhartelt
Forum Regular

feign wrote:From memory on difficulty, the order of instances from now would probably be - with starting goal level?:
Mauradon - if we do the rock prequest before our runa dn we should ge tthe rest in 1 run! - 48
Sunken Temple - 49-50 (un-goro prequest tough at this level, as 54 mobs)
Black Rock Depths - may take up to 3 runs to do it all - start 51/2
DM East - 56
DM North - try at 58
Stratholme - 59 some epl preQ
Scholo - 60 one of us at least needs to do the key chain
DM West - 60/61
Lower BRS - 61+

Ok, let's visit them in that order.

feign wrote:Shall we try and get Mauradon done this week?
I was visiting my friend Sabine yesterday, so it would have to be today or tomorrow afternoon. An alternative might be next Tuesday, as the wfm game will not take place that day.

feign wrote:And Lewis would like to add a few very out of context smilies - CocoPops Frosties
Thanks for those! I will include a package of Frosties on my shopping list for today :) Did not have them for breakfast for a while.

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft