WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Regular / Irregular late evening 5man / Heroic group

Postby feign on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:39 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Issue:
I'd really like to get together a group wanting to do the level 70 5 mans and when people are all keyed up and geared up, the heroic versions on a "soft-scheduled" basis (not a specific day each week, but more, a commitment to try and make 2 or more runs a week and use the forum/phone/whatever to pre-organise).

Expansion:
The kitting requirements in 2nd half of Karazhan - Curator on - require "best level 70 blues" and together with the fact that 1st half Karazhan dropped gear in many cases is a side-grade rather than clear upgrade, its clear that kitting outside raids is more key than it was before MC in vanilla WoW.

My availability doesn't fit with any current raiding schedules. I don't expect to be available consistently before 20:30 UK time at earliest any weekday evening, so am looking to see if their is sufficient interest among "old friends" to get a tough 5 man/heroic group going.

The tough 5 mans, and especially the heroics need good communication, decent skills and a decent class balance with ideally multiple Crowd control mechanisms - that means setups like 2xWarlocks or 2xRogues or Shadow priest healing simply doesn't work.

I have all my heroic keys, but I'm happy to help friends get theirs through instancing for rep. I would very strongly suggest focussing on the Hellfire Peneinsula and Coilfang ones first, as they are the instances most people start doing on neroic 1st.

Resolution/Propopsoal:
Step one is seeing if there's any interest. At bear minimum we'd need:
Tank - main spec
Healer - main spec
DPS - ideally with some off-tank / crowd control / backup heal ability

There clearly is no issue with having more than the minimum required number of people as it gives some flexibility on any given night, before we would start spamming respective /g's.

For my part, I'm 100% happy to swap back to Holy spec if I feel I have a group of people up for some regular 5 man "fun" at a time I can make.

Step 2, would be scheduling the runs themselves, which I'd propose to do in a single thread, once we see we've got a viable group and at teh end of each run agree next goal time/date/target instance.

==============
I'll update here People that are interested:

Tank:

Healer: fiegn = ergo (priest)

DPS:

Updated 13th March

Postby MB on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:25 pm

MB
Forum Member

1 Tank here - though I'm on holiday for the next 2 weeks.
I'll work on the Thrallmar rep

Postby DrKazza on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:37 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
1 Mage here... signing up on behalf of Hammer who can't login here for some reason.
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby Twangg on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Twangg
Forum Regular

1 Hunter here. Definitely interested, Work is keeping me from any sort of raiding at the moment so this sounds ideal.

Postby feign on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:06 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

DrKazza wrote:1 Mage here... signing up on behalf of Hammer who can't login here for some reason.

No lock signing up as interested?

booooooo

Postby Matt on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:27 pm

Matt
Forum Newbie

Lo all - i recognise some names here from awhile ago in the AB (hiya DrKazza!) - Feign pointed me over here, but I'm not too sure how much use I might be - I've only just got addicted started playing WoW, with my highest char being a 62 shadow priest, who's main healing instance runs for the time being. I'm expecting to change to holy / disc at 70, but seem to be doing well enough with an obligatory 2 points in holy.

So if anyone has any lower characters and they want some healing / face melting company on Ramparts / Blood Furnace / Slave Pens / whatever runs, then I'm more than interested - otherwise I'll be busy trying to catch everyone else up...

Oh! The characters called Milemarker by the way, feel free to shout!

Postby DrKazza on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:06 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

Hi matt... what was your AB or Diablo name. Ring some bells for me?

And yes I'll sign up when I can finally get INTO arcatraz to get some end game gear to get to do heroic... 1 step at a time

Postby Matt on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Matt
Forum Newbie

Heh, it's probably a good point... I think I had account names like... h20.go, TheLocust and probably a stream of badly named mules - though mostly on the hardcore side of things. It was a looooong time ago now, but I went under this name in the forums as well.

Anyways, maybe 'see' you soon!

Postby feign on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:10 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

DrKazza wrote:Hi matt... what was your AB or Diablo name. Ring some bells for me?

And yes I'll sign up when I can finally get INTO arcatraz to get some end game gear to get to do heroic... 1 step at a time

steamvaults/shadow labs/shattered halls all have end game gear every bit as much as arcatraz/botanica/mechanaar, they're all level 70 instances, just the 3 Tempest Keep ones need a flying gee gee.

Best way to get to 70 form 69 is chain instancing, and keep the quests in shadowmoon and netherstorm until you hit 70 as they give insane cash rewards that way.

Some of the chains in Shadowmoon/Netehrstorm give absolutely uber rewards better than many of the instance drops or dungeon class set items, so theya re definitely worth doing, in my view.

Postby DrKazza on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:59 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

I remember you now... hello mate :)

Postby Kiwi on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:07 am

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

DrKazza wrote:1 Mage here... signing up on behalf of Hammer who can't login here for some reason.

pm me and i'll reset his pw

--

I'm still plodding along and don't see me with my gaming time being a radier in vets so when I finally reach 70 would be nice to group up with people occasionally but I dont want to and cant commit to regular heavy raiding schedules.

Postby Zilba on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:29 am

Zilba
Forum Member

This sounds like a great idea, really hope we can make it work. I'm in-game quite frequently but it's very rare that I have a 5man-sized time chunk available unless I've made some prior re-arangements.

I usually try to schedule in two WoW nights during the working week (not been happening so much lately, but things look like they might be easing up end of this week). Exactly what two nights I'm available is usually decided on Sunday evening.

My 5man hit-list in order of interest goes as follows (but honestly, I'd join pretty much anything: I'm very tolerant of odd grp compositions and multi-wipes provided people keep their sense of humour):
1) CoT, parts one and two (which would wrap up my Karazhan attunement)
2) Anything non-heroic for blues and rep
3) Heroic whatever I'm attuned to (which is nothing atm :( )

So, reporting for duty:

Zilba 70 warlock (now affliction spec...sniff...bye bye felguard...)

Reserves:
Thwok 63 priest (shadow: Matt says he's go the two mandatory 2 holy pts, I say you are weak my brother)
Wasfez 60 mage (frosty AoE meister)
...and a bunch of others...quite a few actually...

Seb

P.S. This week my availability is not-at-all until maybe the week end. Next weeks update to follow on Sunday evening

Postby Eiznek on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:11 pm

Eiznek
Forum Member

I'm certainly up for more 5-mans with Heifernator, my druid. I'm still level 69 at the moment, but should get to the big seven-o this week or so. Not too well kitted out for anything vaguely heroic, so not expecting a central role. I had planned on respeccing to resto (am currently 1-32-27, ie feral/resto), but am happy to be prodded one way or another (or another) as it might fit into a group. With a few priests knocking around here, I'm not sure how a druid best fits in.
Al'Akir: Dirkinja (rogue), Heifernator (druid), Dirkhorn (warrior)

Postby viadro66 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:35 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

Zilba wrote:This sounds like a great idea, really hope we can make it work. I'm in-game quite frequently but it's very rare that I have a 5man-sized time chunk available unless I've made some prior re-arangements. (...)

I quoted Zilba because i am in the exactly same position. I am more then happy to devote additional (to Tuesday's WFMnight) night for a little bit later run or two. Without pre-arranged night during the week I only can sign to instances on Friday or Saturday nights (usually only one of them), when I know I can play for few hours.

I am still liking 5-man instances the most and maybe will sometime - in a year or two, grind reputation for some yummy items (+150 dam/heal 1 h mace, +2xx healing 1 h mace etc.).

I have a disc/holy priest (smiter), who can main heal normal level 70 instance - redy to play with you ;). If I will get to the position where I can bet for regular heroics I will be able to respecc (to shadow? ;)).

Regards
v66

Postby carnybaby on Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:29 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

just saw this after posting on the apathia forum :oops:

i know im posting late but i would be very interested in this.
im sure you know my weird game times by now :)

Postby carnybaby on Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:37 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

Eiznek wrote:I'm certainly up for more 5-mans with Heifernator, my druid. I'm still level 69 at the moment, but should get to the big seven-o this week or so. Not too well kitted out for anything vaguely heroic, so not expecting a central role. I had planned on respeccing to resto (am currently 1-32-27, ie feral/resto), but am happy to be prodded one way or another (or another) as it might fit into a group. With a few priests knocking around here, I'm not sure how a druid best fits in.

In case you still are wondering, i would suggest you spec into feral as all the random whispers i get are for feral tanks (yes even post 'nerf').
Its a fun spec and your dps output can be right up there to validate taking a dps slot.

Gearing for feral dps to do the high end 5 mans shouldnt be a problem either. there are a number of quest items which are fantastic for both dps and tanking (or even healing/spell damage if that takes your fancy!)

Shadowmoon valley alone will give you some great items for several slots.
Give me a lowdown on your equipment and i can point you in the right direction for upgrades ;)

Return to World of Warcraft