Next question on everyone's lips

Postby Tonster on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:11 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
How the hell can I afford an epic flying mount?

After the success I had asking the same question here when it was time for the epic riding mount, I figured I'd try my luck with the epic flying mounts too :D

Currently sitting on about 1500g with some more stuff on the AH and a standard flying mount already in my pocket, so about 3500g required for an epic flying mount. Question is, how best to earn some dosh these days? I'm hoping for another tip like "Grind Twilight Cultists in Silithus" which netted me 50g+ per hour :D

My top tips are to grind Sunfury Signets (going for 1.7-2g each on AH) and Motes of Mana in Netherstorm though I don't know which mobs are the best to grind for these yet.

Mining is still a great earner with even the basic Fel Iron going for 25g a stack. For some reason Adamantite doesn't seem to sell so well, this goes for around 20g but the trick here is to convert stacks into Hardened Adamantite Bars instead. You can get 2 of these out of a stack of adamantite bars and they go for around 20g each, so double the value of the original stack, just depending on the state of the AH. And of course no cool down :)

All those motes of earth and fire are good to AH too :) If you have an alchemist then send those to him to make Primal Might with (needs other motes too), that goes for 100-150g. 350 skill required.

Enchanting sucks but disenchanting can be a nice little earner, especially when you get high level shards which go for 20g+ each. Stacks of essences go for at least 25g and up to 90g for a stack of greater planar essences.

Anyone else got some get rich quick schemes?

Postby Shagaire on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:32 pm

Shagaire
Forum Guru
pr0gaminglol

steamID: shagaire
Twitter: shagaire
Plan ahead! :P

Money runs is where it was at before BC, netted 800g per BWL run, 400g per MC run paid for an epic mount and still have 7k gold left :D

I think motes are the best bet for level 70's at the moment but look up where the elemantals spawn and don't use the throne of elements place as its just to many people there. Other places have no farmers and the drop rate is only 10% less.

I have most of the high end enchants like mongoose, sunfury, etc which make 50g per enchant. You can farm the other BoP enchants like 15 damage on bracers, 35 intelect on weapon, 40 spellpower rather easy which will also get you some money.

I've also started to level an alt with mining herbing (mainly for raiding mats) which drags in income from the trade skills but also from all the quests again.

Postby Tonster on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:13 pm

Tonster

Shag, some people don't have the kind of time to play that you do or an uber guild to run instances with, I've still not seen the inside of any raid instance above Scholo :P

Postby Yocote on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:12 pm

Yocote
Forum Guru

I haven't really experienced motefarming so far, but I guess the usual AH usage tips are still valid: always check existing auctions before putting up anything, check what sells well (currently Primal Air is best; Water, Mana, Fire are quite decent; Earth and Life a bit less; Shadow is near worthless), and get your timing right. In weekends prices tend to be different from weekdays, and that 'different' may go both ways. Same for morning sales versus evening sales. When I try to track my AH sales, I see that most of my 'unbelievable sales' were bought in the middle of the night - my theory is those were bought by players with a lack of blood in their alcohol...

Also: see if your tradeskills can earn you extra motes; Herbalism for motes of life (don't miss the herbalism-skinnable boglords in zangarmarsh), mining for earth & fire, and IIRC you can get motes of water through fishing.

What I have found so far is that Primal Might transmutes seem not to be worth the effort - Primal Mights sell for quite a bit less than the individual components sell. Maybe if you are transmutation specialized alchemist (and therefore have a chance of getting multiple mights from 1 transmute), but otherwise...

One little thing I found was that the "waterelementals" (they shoot poisonbolts) in the waters below Halaa are not frostimmune, like most other water elementals are, so they are a bit more farm-friendly for frostmages.

Not sure if this info helps you much, personally I'm still about 4000 g short of an epic flyer :)

One thing I notice is that this question pops up everywhere, and the universal answer seems to be motefarming. Which probably results in motefarming not being as lucrative as nowadays sometime soon.

Postby Twisted on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:08 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

steamID: Litation
Xbox Live: Litation
antispam1: Yes
Quest, Quest, Quest after you hit 70 :) 10-25g per quest as well as a normal 5g quest reward :)

Any quests youve not done, do them. If you have the cash invest in the non epic flying mount, it maybe £200 more costly over all but the time it will save you getting places (direct path and all that) will save you lots of sanity and help you farm faster.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Physical rape is psychological Murder.

Postby Mister666 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:14 pm

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

steamID: Sixxor
PSN: Sixxor
Xbox Live: Sixxor
AKA: Sixxor/Sixxor666
Twitter: @DonkeyBadger
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Battle.Net ID: Sixxor#2147
Aye I did two quests in Shadow Labyrinth last night and one gave me 22 gold and the other 27 gold! :D

It's well worth doing quests at 70, loads of gold to be had especially from 'big' quests like instance ones or long chains.

Postby Tonster on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:58 pm

Tonster

Yeah I'm doing the quests, still got basically 2 zones of quests to do as I got to 70 solely on rest xp hunting. Just looking for shortcuts to that epic mount :P

Return to World of Warcraft