WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Postby Mac-10 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:47 pm

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Bloody hell, I can't even afford an epic mount on the ground let alone a flying mount.

Thats a lot of gold, I bet the chinese farmers are rubbing theirs hands together at the prospect of the money they are going to make so people can get these mounts.

Postby carnybaby on Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:59 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

gold earnings are alot higher now ive noticed

without really trying ive accumulated 50 odd gold over the last few evenings ive played.

hellfire ramparts is pretty good money and xp so its worth grinding those mobs for rep BEFORE you start doing teh associated quests :)

as many of the heroic mode instances require revered rep for special keys thats what i intend to do now.
my current plan is to just grind the instances as often as possible then come back to do the quests when the zones are a little quieter and my rep is maxxed out.

to my knowledge the mobs will give rep until honoured before you need to start looking elsewhere.

Postby Baratoz on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:31 am

Baratoz
Forum Regular

i think it's gna be a while before anyone gets in karazhan

Postby JuriOs on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:18 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

280% speed in the air.. awesomesauce, can't wait to get one!

Scare the shite out of people flying over them? :D
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Tuff on Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle
No muff 2 Tuff, we dive at 5.

steamID: Tuff
Bastards, absolute bastards. tbc is on its way to my house after a year of not playing :/.

I fancy taking a character or two through the levels again, maybe seeing how my time goes. It won't be with me for a while, it's coming super saver delivery from amazon, but what server should I go on? I have characters on Al'Akir already but since I'm going mainly from the start, where are you guys? Only got it because it was £17.99 :/
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Postby Mister666 on Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:57 pm

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

steamID: Sixxor
PSN: Sixxor
Xbox Live: Sixxor
AKA: Sixxor/Sixxor666
Twitter: @DonkeyBadger
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Battle.Net ID: Sixxor#2147
Yeah I've just got my copy too tuff.
It took me nearly two days from a fresh install to patch the game up to date, and install and configure a decent addon pack (Mirage if you're after one - it's what used to be called Insomniax, once you've got it configured to your taste it's pretty good).

Personally I've had my fill of world PvP, I just can't be arsed with it anymore, I just want to play the PvE side of things now without having to worry about ganking griefers (hi phats!). Besides there's always battlegrounds if I do fancy some PvP.
So I've started a couple of lowbies (a blood elf mage and a dranei shammy) on Quel'Thelas as a guy i work with plays on there.

You're welcome to come join me if you want, in fact it would be good as at least I'd have someone to group with who's not a random.

I'm also thinking of transferring my 60 rogue from Al'Akir onto Quel'Thelas (or another PvE server), but not sure if I'm gonna go for that yet.

Postby DiamondDog on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:03 pm

DiamondDog
Forum Guru
Touches Apples

Karazhan is where its all happening tuff.

Actually thats a lie, it's just me and kai on there. I will, however, give you 1 silver and possibly a necklace made using my new jewelcrafting skills if you join our adventure. Tempting, eh.

Postby Tuff on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

Pfft I can't make choices! World pvp never really bothered me, I might try a pve but it'd be easy to level a toon all the way through without worrying where I'm about to be jumped from :D. I hated it at first but came to enjoy it a bit as I went.

I'll see about maybe spreading my wild oats among the servers and just seeing what I prefer, they'll all be the same for the first 30 or so levels anyway.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Postby Tuff on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

btw, was your 60 rogue jarlaxle? :o

Postby Tuff on Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:30 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

Hold on, you had to patch for ages? you mean the burning crusade won't auto patch an out of the box wow up to date? That sucks! If that's the case I may as well get downloading so I'm ready :/

Postby Tonster on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
TBC went gold before a bunch of patches so has to be patched again right out of the box. Twice. Takes a fair while.

Postby JuriOs on Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:28 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Depends on your connection I guess, I got 600mb worth of patches within an hour.
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Tuff on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

I've temporarily cancelled my order :P. Decided to give some thought to the time I'll be able to spare for the game before I order, I'll probably still end up getting it though :/.

Postby Mister666 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:59 am

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

Tuff wrote:btw, was your 60 rogue jarlaxle? :o

Yup.
Still is, in fact. :D

But I'm currently having loads of fun with my lvl 12 blood elf mage. With their 'omg imbalance' racial mana leeching ability they're pretty cool.

Postby t!mo on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:36 am

t!mo
Forum Regular

steamID: t1mo
I've bought TBC the other day to see what's it like. After 8 cds (4wow+4TBC) and 2 patches totalling 225mb i'm upto date. Problem is when you haven't played for 15months it's like a completely different game. Tried TFC the other day after 4 years and that was even worse!

Postby Tuff on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

timo, you don't play bf2142 do you? I quite often see a player called supertimo :P

Postby Tuff on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:13 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

Oh, one quick question. Does tbc come with any free playtime? like "your first month free" like I'm pretty sure WoW did? If so I'll wait until I get it before I start playing, but if not then I have WoW sat here patched up to date, I may as well start that and get a couple characters going low before I get tbc and start as a blood elf or something?

Postby Mister666 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:44 pm

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

You know, I never even thought about that Tuff.
After checking all over the box and manual, and my account page on the website, I don't think it does.

Tight bastards. :(

Postby DrKazza on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:57 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
Mine came with a "Free pass for a friend for 1 week"... not sure if that means you need to create a completely new character on full registration or not
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby Tonster on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:28 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
It comes with a 10 day free pass but to use it does require a new account.

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft