TBC

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Postby JuriOs on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:45 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Heh I got a blood elf to 20 too, awesome starting area. But I couldn't be arsed to venture further into Azeroth again.
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Apollo on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:27 am

Apollo
Forum Regular

Sounds good, I sorta did the same as you 666, quit all of a sudden then came back at xmas and couldnt get back into it. TBC definately seems tempting though, I do like my solo content. How is the new battleground by the way?

Postby Tuff on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:32 am

Tuff
Forum Bicycle
No muff 2 Tuff, we dive at 5.

steamID: Tuff
Dammit wish I'd gone to outland earlier, it's ace out there :D. Almost instantly upgraded all my gear and there's so much to do :D.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Postby JuriOs on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:02 am

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Just wait till you try the new instance Tuff!

They're awesomesauce xD

I haven't tried the new battleground yet, just slowly leveling.

Postby Tuff on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:06 am

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

Instances I'm not so hot with, I'm unguilded, hate random groups and even if I were guilded, it's so very rare I have the time to do instances these days :(. Still, maybe one day :D.

Got up early today to get on and level a bit before going out with my gf for the day and forgot wednesdays are maintenance days :(
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Postby Tuff on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:55 am

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

Oh and one thing... my repeated crashes were not down to the game at all, but down to the auctioneer addon. They've fixed it now and it seems perfectly stable (except it doesn't work with un'goro dirt or crystals!).

Postby DrKazza on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:00 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Tuff wrote:it's so very rare I have the time to do instances these days :(. Still, maybe one day :D.

but instances are more like scarlet monkery... a selection of mini instances that take from 45 mins to 1.5 hours. no more of this BRD 5 hour shite
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby Tonster on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:00 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
The first two instances are very good. The difficulty caught me by surprise and my first group wiped on only the third pull, as did my second group. The instances are small but challenging requiring you to know what to do in advance (so basically you learn the hard way :D ). Even the early instance bosses have some vicious DoTs which require immediate dispelling or it's certain death. The quest rewards are well worth it for your non epic players including the random drops. The boss loot tables are very nice.

The instances are linear which is sooo nice after instances like Gnomeregan, Sunken Temple and BRD when you can get totally lost and have no idea where your quests are. This is not to their detriment though, you can simply concentrate on what you went there to do. In this sense they seem to follow the ethos that the outdoor experience gives, it's straightforward but interesting, it's not a chore, it's quick if you know what to do.

Annoyingly but unavoidably you do still need the 'holy trinity' of a tank, healer and dps, so people still insist on a priest (regardless of spec) and a warrior (regardless of spec). DPS can come from the usual sources but you still don't need a rogue, hunter, paladin, druid, warlock or mage though obviously they each bring something unique to the group. However I think I'll die the day I see "LF1M Hunter" for a 5 man instance :P

I also like that fact that getting the instance quests doesn't require you having to travel across the world to talk to one person in a cave full of elites 10 levels higher than you that you'd never find under normal circumstances, they all simply follow on from other quests in that zone.

They've also made the outdoor bosses, and by that I mean the one's at the end of normal quests (not raid bosses, just standard elites) one or two man jobs. This makes finding a group very easy. Hell I was able to solo 63 gold elites as a 62 ice mage :D

Like I said though, not seen the higher level content yet, it could all change...

Postby Tuff on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 am

Tuff
Forum Bicycle

I'm loving the mage pet, especially with cold snap so you can effectively use him for one and a half minutes at a time. Nobody ever attacks him, he has a ranged frost nova and deals very decent additional damage. he's not a game breaker, but still very decent.

I'll have to try some of the smaller instances then. It's not so much finding time to do it (I could play 12noon-10pm most days if I had the inclination), it was always finding people willing to do it afternoon or early evening. Everybody always seemed to want to start at 8pm. When you get up at 4 every day that's not really much use :P.

Postby Tonster on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:38 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
That pet is excellent simply for the extra frost nova (crit chance + 50% against frozen targets) :D

With crits I can 3 shot most things my level, I dread to think what kind of damage fire mages are doing o_O

Had my level 8 food book drop yesterday off Arzeth the Merciless \o/ Jammy or what :D

Postby feign on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:32 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

As far as most groups demanding a priest and a warrior, I've been in many 5 mans now with bear tanks. And there's been plenty of guild-runs with shaman/druid healing. The thing is, for all healing classes, the best levelling spec isn't the best for 5 mans, so what you find is that most druids/shammies are feral/enhance. Hence the call, on priests, but even then, most seem to be levelling to 70 as shadow.

Postby JuriOs on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:41 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Aye tis as feign says, and bear druids are actually better tanks than warriors right now, unless the warrior is very skilled. Don't forget enhancement shammies as dps though! I blow away most rogues, and casters may cry 5-10% dps below me :P

Postby Blind on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:25 pm

Blind
Forum Regular

Same here as enchancement Shammy. Out dps'd 2 rogues in mana tomb even with me being a level below them.

Only problem is the insane windfury crits you sometimes get rips aggro from tank :/

Feign remind me to send you somethign via email when I got home - eg prod me when i'm online.

Postby feign on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:13 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Blind wrote:Same here as enchancement Shammy. Out dps'd 2 rogues in mana tomb even with me being a level below them.

Only problem is the insane windfury crits you sometimes get rips aggro from tank :/

Feign remind me to send you somethign via email when I got home - eg prod me when i'm online.

/cattleprod in the unmentionables.

Postby JuriOs on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:10 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

"Want we gaan schaaapen neuken, schaaapen neuken, schaaapen neuken is fijn!"

*grins*

Previous

Return to World of Warcraft