Cash grind at 60?

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Postby Eric on Mon May 08, 2006 12:58 pm

Eric
Forum Bicycle

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Get a group and farm the twilight bases for the 3 set cloth pieces, and then summon abyssals and such. You get decent rep and some very very nice blue items. You also get a shedload of runecloth and twilight texts this way.

Postby JuriOs on Mon May 08, 2006 1:23 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

I find duo-ing a bit of everything to be the most fun :p
I'd rather dance with you

Postby -FC- on Mon May 08, 2006 3:10 pm

-FC-
Forum Regular
Found his own base

steamID: -FC-
PSN: effceee
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Try to leave off doing any Silithus quests until you're past honored if thats possible, due to mobs in the camps not giving rep past that point. Beyond that point, grinding texts (Or the gold for them) and doing the field quests got me to exalted. in particular, I had twenty more tactical badges than was necessary because 'Tactical Quest V' wouldn't drop as a follow-up. Also, soloing templar summons doesnt get you a lot of rep in itself. Try to grab as many summon quests as possible before doing the summons. Otherwise sell the twilight cultist sets for gold to buy Twilight texts with.

Try searching on http://www.wowwiki.com for a quick guide on how to best maximise your rep gains. For all the questions about how best to do it, there's no disguising how horrible a grind the CH stuff is.

Postby Tonster on Mon May 08, 2006 3:44 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
I had a read of the WoW Wiki guide to Cenarion Circle rep gringing. It began, "First kill 9,000 cultists...". I stopped reading there.

Postby -FC- on Mon May 08, 2006 4:02 pm

-FC-
Forum Regular
Found his own base

The sad thing is, that isn't unrealistic. From start to finish with several breaks due to a crappy uni connection the entire grind took me three months.

[Edit]Eric if you check this thread again, what is it like on the Venture Co server with the Good Squad? I'm curious to see how 'the other half lives' so to speak and maybe play an alt there[/Edit]

Postby Hammeh on Tue May 09, 2006 3:19 pm

Hammeh
Forum Member

Sad thing is that from SWG grinding, anything saying
"Kill xxxx mobs" doesn't really put me off...does make me despair though!

Postby Tonster on Tue May 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Tonster

Prices for texts just keep on tumbling, down to sub 20g per stack levels, I just hope the prices stop falling soon! I need my 350g to buy rugged leather/armor kits to get my Darkmoon Faire necklace.

Postby Hammeh on Tue May 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Hammeh
Forum Member

Tonster wrote:Prices for texts just keep on tumbling, down to sub 20g per stack levels, I just hope the prices stop falling soon! I need my 350g to buy rugged leather/armor kits to get my Darkmoon Faire necklace.

never been higher than this on al akir :(

Postby Tonster on Tue May 09, 2006 3:39 pm

Tonster

Must be harder to get on Al'Akir as well what with it being infested with twa... err I mean what with it being a PvP server and all.

Postby Eric on Tue May 09, 2006 3:46 pm

Eric
Forum Bicycle

-FC- wrote:[Edit]Eric if you check this thread again, what is it like on the Venture Co server with the Good Squad? I'm curious to see how 'the other half lives' so to speak and maybe play an alt there[/Edit]

It's fantastic - we just cleared from vael to Nefarian in BWL for the first time last week and spirits are running high. We're relaxed about specs and loot too - I don't think you'd find a more open and fun guild than this one. Unknownone, ex-WPTFC dude, is our main tank :)

We also do fun things, like 40 man raids to the Undercity as gnomes or kill Onyxia dressed as pirates, etc, etc. The RP side of things means the worst of the lolboys don't bother with the place, too.

Postby -FC- on Tue May 09, 2006 4:07 pm

-FC-
Forum Regular
Found his own base

I did wonder if that was the same Unknownone we knew from the wptfc days. Does he suck at Main Tank as much as he did at TFC? :P

Maybe in a month or so once i'm back on a stable connection I'll have a look for a laugh. I would raise an alt on al'akir but as I said, it would be nice to see the Alliance side of the content. Epsecially after doing the earthstrike grind, I'm coming to appreciate the futility of trying to 'keep up' so to speak with other people in my guild and on the server as whole (which is a massively high standard).

Postby JuriOs on Wed May 10, 2006 7:47 am

JuriOs
Forum Regular

RP PvP servers ftw!

Postby Mac-10 on Wed May 10, 2006 9:40 am

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

-FC- wrote:I did wonder if that was the same Unknownone we knew from the wptfc days. Does he suck at Main Tank as much as he did at TFC? :P

Maybe in a month or so once i'm back on a stable connection I'll have a look for a laugh. I would raise an alt on al'akir but as I said, it would be nice to see the Alliance side of the content. Epsecially after doing the earthstrike grind, I'm coming to appreciate the futility of trying to 'keep up' so to speak with other people in my guild and on the server as whole (which is a massively high standard).

I have alts on the alliance side and its a refreshing change m8 and well worth doing, as for keeping up with people in the guild, as you well know I haven't bothered and never will.

Gear isn't everything and I am proof of that, it does help but if you know your class and talents and other classes you can play to a decent standard and enjoy yourself, which to me is what its all about.

Another place which is good for money is farming the elementals in the cave near the timbermaw entrance, they drop living essense which sells well can get as much as 10g per essence and the drop rate is ok as well.

Postby JuriOs on Wed May 10, 2006 10:12 am

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Yeah, that's a wicked place if you're a lock ! Banish Banish, weee.

Postby shepherdspie on Wed May 10, 2006 11:26 am

shepherdspie
Forum Member

weee unknownone :x
he mustn't conc the muppet it makes him cry! :)
[/quote]

Postby carnybaby on Wed May 10, 2006 2:27 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

shep if your back on alakir where are you hiding!
ive seen your bro around a few times :)
ive got a new alt needs cheesing through instances so get logging on ::P

Postby shepherdspie on Wed May 10, 2006 3:34 pm

shepherdspie
Forum Member

lol sorry m8 i'm not playing on al akir atm, but if you fancy some stormrage cheesing just let me know :)

Postby Tonster on Thu May 11, 2006 11:13 am

Tonster

Joined a proper server I see ;)

Feel free to contact me if you want help with anything (Martian/Munkeh/Serra/Tifany/Xenith/Zenith all Alliance... I really need to stick to one char :P ).

Postby shepherdspie on Thu May 11, 2006 11:37 am

shepherdspie
Forum Member

aye m8 thought give a normal server another bash :) it seems illogical to play on a pvp server atm, everyone wants to be gay in farming grounds and getting ganked on half health isn't much fun if you can't run around battering them afterwards :o on the good side i have seen the horde raid alliance towns quite a few times, seems to me that the only pvp i like is on a pve server, most strange :o though if people on al akir ever want to try and take down an alliance boss or somin i would be more than willing to bash stuff, i just don't like farming grounds and i don't gank.

tyvm for the offer it is most appreciated, if there is anything i can do for you just let me know :) me dude is called galacon (omg a seriousish name type thing, i still think should of called meself dwarvenganome but that would just be silly), just helping m8s level and prancing about in me st georges cross tabard waiting for the world cup to start :D

Postby Mac-10 on Thu May 11, 2006 1:39 pm

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

Galacon was an autobot wasn't it :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft