Cash grind at 60?

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Postby Hammeh on Mon May 01, 2006 4:37 pm

Hammeh
Forum Member

grats :)
27g a stack, thats amazing :o
Think the silithius farming is something that will last for a month or two, as people seem to want high rep for the boss summonings / some patterns / future.

So supply and demand wins! Grats on the epic mount :)

Postby Eric on Mon May 01, 2006 8:55 pm

Eric
Forum Bicycle

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Yeah you need friendly with CC for the aura during the general fight in AQ20 so people will buy those texts for silly money. Nice idea :)

Postby Tonster on Mon May 01, 2006 9:36 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
I made friendly with them just by doing a few quests (all soloable) and then grinding the 3 camps. Still, I'm happy if people want to pay silly money to take a shortcut I can provide :D

Like Hammeh said, it's probably a gold rush that will die down once people get their reps, so get grinding while it lasts.

Postby Tonster on Tue May 02, 2006 8:35 am

Tonster

On a related subject does anyone know if it's possible to do the Signed Field Duty Papers quest (kill the giant bug) without either;
a) a 40 man raid group
b) 1 healer

It seems there's an inordinate imbalance towards healers for this quest which involves keeping the captain alive. Healers can solo it, without a healer you need enough DPS to take the bug down before the captain dies, and that's an awful lot of DPS. For some reason I can't fathom it seems to be really really hard to find a group for this.

Is there some trick to this, some easy way to keep the captain alive? It's a major ball-ache atm :(

Postby Mac-10 on Tue May 02, 2006 8:40 am

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

Actually Tons, I have done that quest and I was a healer, the captain in question actually died due to a massive crit by the beasty, I still got the quest done though, maybe they have changed it and as long as the creature dies you get the reward, not sure but it appeared that way to me because he did die.

Postby Tonster on Tue May 02, 2006 8:48 am

Tonster

I was doing this on Saturday and you need the captain to survive so he can sign your papers at the end. If he dies you're f00ked. At least that was my experience.

Postby Mac-10 on Tue May 02, 2006 9:05 am

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

Another way you can do it, is wait until somebody else does it, I know this is hit or miss but it does work, as long as the insect is dead and the captain is there he will sign anyones papers regardless if you took part in the killing, I know this for a fact since when I did it with Kazza a guy got his papers signed also and he arrived 2 minutes after the creature died.

Postby feign on Tue May 02, 2006 9:27 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

We discussed this at some point, and it was believed there may be a difference between teh horde and alliance side as to needing to keep the captai alive.

Postby Tonster on Tue May 02, 2006 9:37 am

Tonster

Ahh that would explain a comment I saw on thott which said that it doesn't matter if he died as he respawns anway. That's just not true for Alliance.

Postby Eric on Tue May 02, 2006 7:21 pm

Eric
Forum Bicycle

Yep the allies need to keep him alive to sign the papers. Easy to solo as a paladin/druid/priest. Impossible with any other class I'd say. Bring friends if you're not a healer :)

Postby Kiwi on Wed May 03, 2006 11:18 am

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

They have nerfed a heck of a lot of the farming areas, one of the best places i've found is in azshara farming the demons, you get a ready supply of felcloth which sells for 1g each easily, and the money is good for a quick kill. Plus you get the chances of book drops which can easily net you a couple of hundred g. You will also get a nice supply of major healing potions which also adds to your gold, as well as some decent blue chances.

Postby feign on Wed May 03, 2006 2:48 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

In the few weeks you've been away Kiwi, Azshara has become like totenham court road, busy as hell and teeming with...

Postby carnybaby on Wed May 03, 2006 2:55 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

feign wrote: The recommendation was for Tonster carny, and it's a decent one I feel. Your issue is prioritisation, you're besotted by the smell of purple and have hence decided to put payiog back cash peole sent you onto the back burner and aim for the hammer :)

I've now basically had to write off hunderds of G I've written people for this reason. Trust me, from the other side, your quandry looks a little mnore simple.

not true! apart from the texts/cultists stuff which i use for the rep all other stuffs getting sold to raise cash to repay people . im down to 100g owed and the lender is in no hurry to get it back but its still a priority.

and to my knowledge i dont owe you any money do i?! im sure ive only got one creditor!

my best farming spot is demons or the bloodelf camp in az. as luck has it i got an epic ring from the bloodelves that sold for 300g otherwise i would still be dreaming of epic mounts now.

i usually farm at silly hours though so it tends to be quiet

Postby feign on Wed May 03, 2006 4:04 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

No mate, you don't. It came across more aimed at you than it should have. The issue of conflict with cash / reputation/loot stuff will always make loans a bit of a sticky wicket in my mind, but who cares, it;s not disuaded me has it!

Postby carnybaby on Wed May 03, 2006 4:18 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

hehe fancy lending me gold to buy texts then? ;)

by my calculation i need 2450 texts which will cost 1g each approx :E

20 year repayment terms sounds good to me!

Postby Blind on Wed May 03, 2006 5:32 pm

Blind
Forum Regular

So go grind 2450 gold then :p

Postby feign on Wed May 03, 2006 5:33 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Would you like fries with that sir?

Postby carnybaby on Thu May 04, 2006 11:12 am

carnybaby
Forum Guru

i got so depressed grinding money/texts ive taken the drastic step of levelling a hunter up with herbalism to farm always needed herbs :) hes actually made me more gold than the druid and hes onlyl21 :) (a mighty 40g if your interested)

fries sounds good to me feign!

Postby -FC- on Sun May 07, 2006 9:47 pm

-FC-
Forum Regular
Found his own base

steamID: -FC-
PSN: effceee
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
When I get back onto a decent connection, I swear to god I am going to crash the Twilight texts market...

Yeah if you havent guessed, I did the rep grind with Revenant to exalted mostly solo with occasional help for the combat field quests. Earthstrike is nice, but if I had known it would be this difficult I wouldn't have made the effort. Once I was in so deep I felt compelled to continue.

Carny, seriously if you insist on keeping this up make sure you grab plenty of help for the combat field quests. They are the one element of the silithus grind that really push it over the edge for sheer frustration. the only thing worse is attempting to get to exalted with Zul'gurub (1000/21000 = 7 more visits! :P)

Postby Hammeh on Mon May 08, 2006 9:53 am

Hammeh
Forum Member

I want ex with both ZG and CH..gonna have to run more guild ZG..

What exactly in your experience is the best way for CH grind?

I can grind camps and texts like no tomorrow, but still have some of those tactical quests - time wise, is it more efficiency to straight grind for drops, or grind the quests?

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft