Zul Farrak done, so what next...

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Zul Farrak done, so what next...

Postby feign on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:31 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Well, I had a great run, and thanks for it!

And so I was wondeirng what we could plan do next.

There are actually 2 possibles -

Mauradon in Desolace
Mobs 40 to 51 elites + So we should do right now!
Quests - None have prerequisites. Most are picked up in Desolace, one from mage trainers in OG, the rest from npcs dotted around desolace, or inside the pre+instance caves.
My input - It is actually 3 dungeons. If you look at the map linked on the Basin wowwiki, it shows an orange side and a purple side, then a final "bit". In killing the bosses in orange and purple, you are able to forge a scepter, which lets you teleport to the the final bit) which is accessible from the orange-purple ends, but allows you to repeat this final bit alone. The reason to maybe repeat teh final bit a few times, is there are some excellent items that can drop in here. And teh final bit can take only 45 minutes and for 5-6 bosses, there is a nice opportunity for upgrades for everyone.

Sunken Temple in Swamp of Sorrows
Mobs 43+55 elites
Quests - A good number of these have pre-requisites. There is also now a class specific quest available at 50 inside ST, with rewards as nice blue item choice for each class, which you get the first part frm your class trainers, 2nd part is to do some collections in a non-instance zone, and 3rd part is in Sunken Temple. This instance is also split in 2, there is the "troll part" and the dragonkin part", each of which have a few quests to complete inside. One of the key quest chains is a follow up from the Zul Farrak tablet collection quest. We now need to go back to the hinterlands elite troll area, and in the cave at the top behind the main altar, we have to get an "ancient egg", which we then use to summon a boss in ST, but in this case, we all need to get the egg if we want to complete the quest in ST.
My input - This is the instance we should probably try to get the pre-requisites cmpleted on, but not rush to do until all 51+52ish I think.

The general view is, many people bypass mauradon, becasue it is a long slog, or multiples slogs, but people rarely bypass ST because of the class quests and it is more "contained".

In last nights group, I would have fun doing either!

Postby Hammeh on Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:06 am

Hammeh
Forum Member

if you are needing an extra person for mara, I have the scepter already if you want teleporting for boss runs. (guess this is on Al Akir).

If you're just running it for fun/xp etc, ignore the above :D

Postby Mac-10 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:45 pm

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Well when you get around to it, I really could use some help out in Silithus either grinding for rep or doing some quests since there are some sweet items and armour to be had now.

Postby carnybaby on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:03 pm

carnybaby
Forum Guru

mac im to be often found in silithus grinding the rep to make my shiny epic mace :)
come kill cultists with me while i ninja all the texts!

best way to grind rep solo is either
1. grind the cultists for texts - 100 rep per 10 texts
2. do field duty quests - 50 rep per quest turn in plus combat/tactical/logistical badge for quest.
as a stealther i find doing tactical quests the quickest, particularly scout report quest as it takes about 10 minutes to do max if you can sneak past the mobs.

im currently at 6000/12000 rep with cc and its soooo slow but i keep plugging away :)

Postby Hammeh on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:57 am

Hammeh
Forum Member

slap me on anastasya if you want to farm sili or need help on quests (field duty, etc)
I really need to get my rep up there some, and some cash for enchants :(

Some of those quest reward items wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Postby Chrystall on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:28 am

Chrystall
Forum Regular

Chryssy needs NR items from Mara *cough* (Noxxion/landslide) But I know you guys don't wanna "get run trough" things :p
Chryssy - Papertank warrior
Chrystall - Warlock in training

Postby Hammeh on Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:42 am

Hammeh
Forum Member

Is farming Mara for NR the goldmine some are suggesting?
Apparently a guildie's made 100g in a few hours there from flogging bits :o

Re: Zul Farrak done, so what next...

Postby viadro66 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:40 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

feign wrote:Well, I had a great run, and thanks for it! (...)

Thanks as well :).

I propose to agree Maraudon run first - as I remember both quest rewards (from laughing-sister-look-a-like mob) and drops are yummy.

Next - sunken temple mainly for class rewards.

I can be either today (Friday - but low chance on gathering all) or Saturday night. I can repeat runs number of times - both exp and fun are very good in such nice teams.

Regards
v66

Postby Caprise on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:52 pm

Caprise
Forum Member

Saturday is a good evening for me. I would like maraudon first, but I also ok with Sunken Temple, but think I need some prepair time for that one.

Cap

Postby feign on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:27 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

Hammeh - Mara is teh plac with some easy to get NR items, which peoplea re paying over the odds for now as everyone needs decent nr for aq40 and it doesn;t hurt in aq20 either.

I've heard of hunters soloing much of it, but I wasn't aware that the decent drops were BoE, I'd assumed they were BoP as usual.

Postby viadro66 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:10 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

I will try to be on short after 9 pm game time - and look who is on for Mara or other activity.

Regards
v66

Postby feign on Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:44 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Saturday is the one night I can't ever do, in that Reb and I will always set aside a minimum of that night to do something.

My availability over the next week is poor - 2 days my parents are here, another 3 I'm in DK, so please, just organise and do without me - get thorazin - and I will catch you up!

Postby feign on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:47 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Is this friday any good for anyone?

I know Salv is raiding, but I'm crossing my finger's for Cap's Mac to be in the house!

*edit*
Friday = 21st April. I can be available probbaly from 20:30ish, maybe a little before.

Postby viadro66 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:35 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

feign wrote:Friday = 21st April. I can be available probbaly from 20:30ish, maybe a little before.

I can try to be on - but because my wife left for few days leaving kids on my head - can not guarrantee anything.

Regards
v66

Postby feign on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:57 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

I think it's probably pretty short notice to try Vaidro, so please don't panic!

I will be online - but can't tell how early as I am flying back from Denmark this evening - and am always in /kowo, so we cna try to hook up for something from there maybe!

Postby Caprise on Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:19 pm

Caprise
Forum Member

oops! Have to check this tread more often.

I dont have my new Mac yet. It is comming this week (wedensday). I am up for both some questing or instans...

Postby viadro66 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:46 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

feign wrote:I think it's probably pretty short notice (...)

I had my children on my head, both with cold, so no chance to play. Will try to check forums daily to know in advance if something is going to be organized. Because I am very limited with my time lately, I will try to join planned in advance game, but will not try to create it myselfe :(.

AFAIK we are still open to Maraudon (preferred), Sunken Temple (be sure to have your class quest) or Hinterlands trolls - the last can be done in a smaller group.

Regards
v66

Return to World of Warcraft