Random questions

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Random questions

Postby Tonster on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:59 pm

User avatar
Tonster
Moderator
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff
 
Posts: 7682
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:36 pm
steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
1) Any idea what potions sell well from the AH? So far my Elixir of the Mongoose, Greater Agility, Invisibility Potions and Greater Water Breathing potions are not exactly flying off the shelves (the latter especially). I'm generally the cheapest on there.

2) Where's a good place to gather Mountain Silversage, I've had real trouble finding this?

3) Priests Spirit Tap talent. Having 5 points in this when soloing is a god send, it really helps lower down time giving "a 100% boost to Spirit after killing a target that yields experieence". However I did an instance run for the first time since having put 5 points here and it only seems to go off every so often. Why is it not going off 100% of the time when the group gets an XP kill? And yes I am making sure I've contributed some of the damage. Do I need to do a certain amount or percent of damage for it to work in a group? Do experienced Priests think is it a waste of 5 points in a group scenario?

[edited as I am clearly unable to count to 3]
Last edited by Tonster on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby feign on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:44 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3
 
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Out where the tractors be...
1) The running speed potion / frost oil seem to do ok. And Major Fire protection potion.

2) IIt's a bit of a git, as it only spawns in the mountains, and spawsna re pretty far apart. I get some in BS and WPL sometimes.

3) Spirit tap only givs you the spirit buff if you as the priest gets the killing blow. Clearly in instances and really generally in groups, this will be rare. So it's one of those skills to despec out of at 60, or was for me.

Postby Blind on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:45 pm

Blind
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 3:27 pm
1) Not many potions sell that well as most guilds produce them in house - best way to make money is skill up and start transmuting.

Think how often you need an underwater breathing pot - not likley i would assume.

If you are going to make them, swiftness potions, health and mana pots would be way to go.

2) http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/object.html?wobject=150

Might be obvious, but it will be on a mountain.

3) No idea, not a priest

Postby Tonster on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:44 pm

User avatar
Tonster
Moderator
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff
 
Posts: 7682
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:36 pm
steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
feign wrote:1) The running speed potion / frost oil seem to do ok. And Major Fire protection potion.

Ooh yeah, forgotten about swiftness potion. Swiftthistle isn't easy to get of course but I think I have some in my bank :) Never made Frost oil though, I will look into it.

feign wrote:Spirit tap only givs you the spirit buff if you as the priest gets the killing blow.

Ahh so that's it, hadn't thought of that. Yeah I guess it does make it kind of useless in instances. As you said, one to drop at 60.

Blind wrote:Best way to make money is skill up and start transmuting.

Think how often you need an underwater breathing pot - not likley i would assume.

I levelled it to 300 herb/alch in a day, so easy to do when you're 60 already :) I also bought the transmute for water to air so am making a nice little daily profit there. Keeping and eye on the AH for the Undeath to Water one too.

The water breathing stuff was a batch I made when levelling. It's selling, slooowly. Just trying to find the ones that are gonna make me rich, and as you're all on a different server I thought you wouldn't mind sharing :D Thanks for the tips. Health, mana and swiftness it is then, plus fire if I can get the recipe.

:x

Postby JuriOs on Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:04 pm

User avatar
JuriOs
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:10 pm
Swiftthistle is super easy to get. run around silverpine harvesting all the mageroyal/briarthorn you can. tada! :D
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Tonster on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:56 am

User avatar
Tonster
Moderator
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff
 
Posts: 7682
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:36 pm
steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Complete OT but I was just reading the official forums and found a thread about funny guild names. Some classics :D

Oprah Windfury
Mage Trainer
I'm with stupid
Ctrl Alt Elite
Grand Theft Kodo
Me So Hordey
We pee in moonwells
Small but Deadly
Smaller but still deadly
Dude wheres my kodo
And his imaginary friend
LOL WHAT DO I TYPE HERE
Horde Huggers (alliance guild)
Zomg Lazerbeams PEW PEW
Blue Oyster Club
Its Dead Jim
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Pimp My Mount
Shave the Murlocs
Dirty Rotten Imbeciles

Re: Random questions

Postby Twangg on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:40 pm

Twangg
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: A State of Denial
Tonster wrote:
2) Where's a good place to gather Mountain Silversage, I've had real trouble finding this?

[edited as I am clearly unable to count to 3]


As a 300 herbalist , do a few laps of Azshara, you'll find Mountain Silversage, Dreamfoil, Golden Sanson, and sungrass in abundance.

If you want cash, you are better off selling these herbs in their raw state. Depending on demand Dreamfoil and Silversage can go for betwen 10-15G for a stack of 20.

Re: Random questions

Postby Twangg on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:41 pm

Twangg
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: A State of Denial
Double post
Last edited by Twangg on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tonster on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:51 pm

User avatar
Tonster
Moderator
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff
 
Posts: 7682
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:36 pm
steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Having been a miner for months I was just enjoying being able to do something with the stuff I harvested other than bung it straight on the AH :) You're right of course, for some bizarre reason the ingredients can be sold for more than the potions themselves.

Primarily the only people who can use this stuff are capable of gathering it themselves, so I can only assume they are cash rich and either time short, stupid, lazy or all of those.

Or putting two and two together I guess it is guild potion makers buying this stuff in bulk to make potions for their guild, but frankly accusing them of being lazy etc is far more fun :P

Postby feign on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:22 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3
 
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Out where the tractors be...
Some pople ditch herbalism for enchnating solely for teh ability to disenchant bop blues for shards.

Postby Tonster on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:37 pm

User avatar
Tonster
Moderator
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff
 
Posts: 7682
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:36 pm
steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
In other words you have and I just did a good job of insulting you in my previous post :E

I have a mining/ench alt for that kind of reason. Think I may ditch his mining for herb instead, it seems to have the capacity to earn more.

Postby JuriOs on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:04 pm

User avatar
JuriOs
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:10 pm
Seal Cub Clubbing Club was actually on Al'Akir
I'd rather dance with you

Postby feign on Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:16 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3
 
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Out where the tractors be...
I've actually not dicthed herbalism, just poeple who run lots of scholo/strath/etc seem to tend to.

Postby Tonster on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:41 am

User avatar
Tonster
Moderator
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff
 
Posts: 7682
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:36 pm
steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Got another random q... according to what I've read after a Hunter feigns death they can place another trap. I've tried this but after FD remain in combat so can't place a second trap. I doubt so many people that have said it are lieing. How are they doing it?

Postby Mister666 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:33 am

User avatar
Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:52 pm
Location: Deepest Darkest Yorkshire
steamID: Sixxor
PSN: Sixxor
Xbox Live: Sixxor
AKA: Sixxor/Sixxor666
Twitter: @DonkeyBadger
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Battle.Net ID: Sixxor#2147
JuriOs wrote:Seal Cub Clubbing Club was actually on Al'Akir


Yeah they were but then the fag brigade reported them to a GM complaining it was "insensitive to teh cute seal cubs!!!" so they got renamed to Orgrimmar Dustbin Collectors (by the GM - not sure what they chose to be called after that).

Such bollocks when you consider that a vast part of the game involves beating small animals to death for no reason other than to collect their furry paws or whatever, and yet some fags thought that this guild name was inappropriate......

Postby feign on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:31 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3
 
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Out where the tractors be...
Tonster wrote:Got another random q... according to what I've read after a Hunter feigns death they can place another trap. I've tried this but after FD remain in combat so can't place a second trap. I doubt so many people that have said it are lieing. How are they doing it?


Yes it's doable, but it takes practice to ge out of combata nd teh trap laid before youa re back in combat.

It'd be worth asking kiwi or someoen with a 60 hunter for directions.

Postby Tonster on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:21 am

User avatar
Tonster
Moderator
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff
 
Posts: 7682
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:36 pm
steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Cheers, I have PM'd him. I did actually manage it last night, then the next time I tried it didn't work. There's obviously some knack to it I'm not spotting.

Now please excuse me while I whinge, I'm doing it here as I have no guild to lay it on :D

1) WHYYYYYY do people join instance groups knowing full well they will have to leave soon?? For the love of Pringles WHYYYYYY!! Bloody infuriating, always much worse when it's your tank or healer.

2) Joined a forming Uldaman group last night, I was the 3rd person to join. I sat in the group for about 10 minutes and tried to recruit some more people via global chat and then someone else joined and instantly left again. I thought it was very odd. Next thing I know I have 'left the group'. PMd the leader with "Problem?". I get the response "...". I ask "Why did you kick me". No response. "Why did you kick me m8, is something wrong?". No response. I then notice the person who joined and left is now spamming global with "LFM Uldaman". So I do /who on both him the group leader. Surprise surprise they are in the same guild, and the person who joined and left and is now spamming LFM is exactly the same class and level as me. Doesn't take a genius to work out I was kicked in favour of a guild mate, and the reason he'd left suddenly was the leader had kicked the wrong hunter. I was infuriated by this, being kicked and ignored is fucking annoying. I wouldn't have minded if he'd just said, "sorry m8, a guildy of your class wants to join", I would have said "fine, gl" and parted ways. I stopped short of the abuse I wanted to send him and just PM'd him with "Lame lame lame" and left it at that, but spent the next hour fuming behind my monitor.

:boom:

Postby JuriOs on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:45 am

User avatar
JuriOs
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:10 pm
/pat Tonster :p
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Eric on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:52 pm

User avatar
Eric
Forum Bicycle
 
Posts: 5556
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: Sony Towers
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Tonster wrote:Cheers, I have PM'd him. I did actually manage it last night, then the next time I tried it didn't work. There's obviously some knack to it I'm not spotting.

Now please excuse me while I whinge, I'm doing it here as I have no guild to lay it on :D

1) WHYYYYYY do people join instance groups knowing full well they will have to leave soon?? For the love of Pringles WHYYYYYY!! Bloody infuriating, always much worse when it's your tank or healer.

2) Joined a forming Uldaman group last night, I was the 3rd person to join. I sat in the group for about 10 minutes and tried to recruit some more people via global chat and then someone else joined and instantly left again. I thought it was very odd. Next thing I know I have 'left the group'. PMd the leader with "Problem?". I get the response "...". I ask "Why did you kick me". No response. "Why did you kick me m8, is something wrong?". No response. I then notice the person who joined and left is now spamming global with "LFM Uldaman". So I do /who on both him the group leader. Surprise surprise they are in the same guild, and the person who joined and left and is now spamming LFM is exactly the same class and level as me. Doesn't take a genius to work out I was kicked in favour of a guild mate, and the reason he'd left suddenly was the leader had kicked the wrong hunter. I was infuriated by this, being kicked and ignored is fucking annoying. I wouldn't have minded if he'd just said, "sorry m8, a guildy of your class wants to join", I would have said "fine, gl" and parted ways. I stopped short of the abuse I wanted to send him and just PM'd him with "Lame lame lame" and left it at that, but spent the next hour fuming behind my monitor.

:boom:


That's calls for you waiting near Uldaman, pulling a huge train of mobs to their group as they're entering the area, fd then hs out.


Return to World of Warcraft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron