For Tonster - 1.10 Itemisation Changes / forum snooping

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

For Tonster - 1.10 Itemisation Changes / forum snooping

Postby feign on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:12 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

I've posted over at the Veterans forums, but as there's some follo-up posts, it;s probably worth linking their, rather than c&ping it all - click here

Bottom line, some quests to upgrade the bue class armour sets, including 4 of the items to epic quality.

On the same thread there's also some comments from Tigole/Jeff Kaplan about some of the balancing of development time on single player content at 60 versus pvp vs pve raiding. Interesting read in my view.

Postby JuriOs on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:06 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Thanks feign :D
I'd rather dance with you

Postby shepherdspie on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:07 pm

shepherdspie
Forum Member

tis nice to see some new equipment coming in for those who like to solo/are in small guilds, would make playing shep again a viable option :)

i do sort of disagree that instances are harder than soloing though :o if you don't know what you're doing then yes instances v hard, but once cracked and playing with a group of peeps who know what they doing it really is a piece of piss to farm mc to the point of boredom :o (as i'm sure everyone who reads this knows) tis also easier to sit back and let other peeps do most of the work :D at least with soloing you get bored but can take a break whenever you want (have a few buckets etc), just my opinion though :) i just prefer to solo sometimes than have people counting on me to heal or whatever :) tis also probably one of the reasons i've gone back to lightnings blade, there are ace people on both lb and al akir, but on lb i am in a much better position to get the boring purpley grind out of the way and get to see some new content :)

Postby feign on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:19 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I think the epic item quests will take a lot more time and effort than the drops froma well kitted guild in Mc do.

Postby Tuff on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:06 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle
No muff 2 Tuff, we dive at 5.

steamID: Tuff
I don't think I'm ever going to see purples because I simply can't commit the time. Only way is getting exalted for me :D.

Postby DiamondDog on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:09 pm

DiamondDog
Forum Guru
Touches Apples

I don't think I'll ever see purples because I don't think I'll ever see lvl60.

Postby Tonster on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:57 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Cheers for pointing this out, I will have a proper read tomorrow (while I'm at work :P ).

Postby Tonster on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:35 am

Tonster

Had a read now and it looks like good news for casual players, a bit more to do than run Strath/Scholo/UBRS once a week. Can guarantee they will be rock hard to get still, and you do still have to raid anyway. Fingers crossed it doesn;t involve any more 5 man Scholo runs, I finished the final quest there yesterday and I never want to go back 5 man, it just takes soooo long.

Makes me wonder if it's still worth trying for Magisters before this.

Hmm, this looks worrying though. "(6) Set: When struck in combat, there is a 2% chance your attacker will flee in terror from you at a reduced movement speed.". So an uncontrollable Fear then :( That ought to be fun in crowded instances.

Also not worked out what all the fuss is with Mages and critting, it's like the worst thing ever in terms of aggro management. Much better to have +dmg and no crits so you know exactly what's coming. That said crits are ace in PvP and soloing, especially with ignite :) Hmm, 2 sets needed then...

[/ramble]

Postby feign on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:07 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

I'm not sure if it was included in any of the links I copied on that thread, but they also annouced that they wold be changing the drop tables in strath/scholo/ubrs to some extent, both in % drops, and in which mobs dropped certain items - like the strath postman, who no-one wants to do, and drops some set items.

And my understanding of the upgrade quests, is that they will be quest chains - meaning not just farmable drops in raids to everywhere - and that some will be soloable, some 5 man able, and a few in 15 man ubrs runs.

Postby Rihkama on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:47 am

Rihkama
Forum Regular

Sounds very interesting as currently those who don't want to raid for reason or another are pretty much screwed when it comes to equipment upgrades after items from DM/Strat/Scholo/etc.
--
Koalas will conquer the World!

Postby Tonster on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:58 am

Tonster

Yup I got the quest chains bit, I think it said 1 epic would be from a quest chain and the other 3 would be groups/raids. I guess the blues will be quests.

Good news about the drop tables too (and the Postman), it's silly the number of times I've been to strath/scholo/ubrs and never seen any magisters.

Return to World of Warcraft