Roar

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

Roar

Postby Arcala on Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:39 pm

Arcala
Forum Newbie

Heya, I've been playing WoW for a couple of months now on my own, thinking that you guys only played horde (and I personally can't stand horde, too ugly for me (sorry! ;))) but I see now that some of you have set up on alliance servers.

My char is on another server than you guys though (Neptulon), but I'm considering to do a server switch with her when 1.9 comes. Was thinking about switching to Zenedar seing that I'm a PvP person.. So, my question is - how many of you guys play there? Would it be worth the switch? I'm having trouble finding a good guild where I am now, and being in something more organised would be great. ;)

Thanks,
-arc

Postby feign on Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:09 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Hi arcala.

No-one is still playing on Zenedar, Stormrage (alliance PvE) is where a few play. There is a weekly group game "weefreemen" similar in style to the basin group games and some people have 60's in there that they raid with anotehr guild "menethil raiders", but all idela in the /kowo channel.

Postby Arcala on Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:29 pm

Arcala
Forum Newbie

Ah well, I'm not that up for playing on PvE servers. :) Any idea where I could find a good alliance PvP guild, by any chance?

-arc

Postby feign on Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:29 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

sod that, join us as horde, and you can make a floppy eared dark elf later when the expansion comes out!

seriously, I don't really know. The official forums have a guidl recruitment section, but I've no idea if the stuff they put in their pimpage "We're mature gamers who like to play with friends" is ever true.

Postby Tonster on Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:42 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
You can still do PvP on PvE servers, you just have the option not to be ganked if you don't want to ;) I play both Horde and Alliance on Stormrage and I know the Alliance attack the crossroads every 5 minutes still despite being a PvE server.

Yes there's less PvP action, but it's there if you look for it or start a raid group yourself or whatever. If you want to run the risk all you have to do is type /pvp and then the only diff between pvp and pve servers is that the enemy won't be flagged in advance.

That said there are only a few people on Stormrage (our PvE server), Al Akir (Horde PvP) is the only busy guild server for us.

Postby JuriOs on Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:39 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

And lonely me on Defias Brotherhood, horde side. Allthough Feign has two alts there too :P
I'd rather dance with you

Return to World of Warcraft