Forum Bicycle

if you patched to euro then get the uk patch

Postby Quinnbeast on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:52 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru
Internet Hitler says Noooooooo

antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Well, it doesn't accept the trial key as it is, and when I try and update it with the latest patch, it tells me in a roundabout way that there are corrupt files (and then wiggs out).

Fucking magic.

Also, on the signup screen, "this account creation process is only available to customers in North America, New Zealand, Australia, and Singapore."

It just doesn't like me.

edit - Any more trial keys out there?

Postby feign on Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:16 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Quinn, Kazza may still ahve one, he's on holidaty until teh weekend, but drop him a pm and he'll let you know if he still has one.

Postby Tonster on Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:29 am

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
I have the CE edition and if memory serves that comes with a spare set of discs and a 10 day trial CD Key. *IIRC*

I don't mind popping those in the post to someone (Eric/Quinn?) tomorrow. I can PM the key in advance tonight for someone to try.

Like I say though, that's all IIRC! Not sure if the 10 day trial key had any kind of 'use by' date or anything and I can't check until about 6pm.

TBH just buy the bloody game, there's no way in hell you won't like it. 4 million people can't be wrong :D

Though I advise against buying the game if you want to have any sort of social life, contact with loved ones etc.

Postby Quinnbeast on Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:46 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru

I really should just buy the damn thing, it's been a pain in the arse getting this thing downloaded/patched/converted and finding a key that works. It's turning out to be more hassle than it’s worth. My only excuse is, I’m seriously counting the pennies just now.

I PMed Eric and I think his is working just dandy, he got a key off Zeal. I've tried a key from a PCG magazine (also from Zeal) but it just doesn't want to work. Again, it might be passed it's use-by. I’m not sure. Also, the UK patch doesn’t work, but the US does. *scratches head*

Admittedly, I do have some concerns for my social life, which is why I thought I'd try this first. Tonst' - if you've got a spare I'd certainly appreciate it giving it a bash.

Postby Zeal on Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:27 pm

Zeal
Forum Regular

Eric got my key from a thing Blizzard are running, get someone hooked on WOW and get a free month :E

The PCG one has probably expired, it was from the October issue.

Postby Tonster on Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:42 pm

Tonster

Quinnbeast wrote:...I’m seriously counting the pennies just now...

..I do have some concerns for my social life...

OK, it's seriously sounding like a bad idea if you're anything like me and get addicted to stuff like this. At least the money side of things is regular, but the amount of time you play is up to you which is where I always have a problem :E

I'll find out what's in the CE box tonight and send it, but I just want to have warned you, don't blame me when you turn around from your office chair one day and realise your wife has left you and the kids have grown up :)

Postby Quinnbeast on Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:58 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru

At least I can count on this thing running out after 10/14 days, and that's assuming it works with the client i've downloaded. Generally I'm pretty good though. I know when I'm playing too much, and even if I don't, the missus certainly does.

That'd be grand if you could have a quick rummage. And yes, I shall be responsible for my own actions/addictions ;) Cheers m8.

Postby Eric on Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:45 pm

Eric
Forum Bicycle

My version fucked up after the 1.8.3.somethin or other patch and I get corruption errors all over the show. Reading on the blizzard tech forum, it's happening an awful lot. It worked perfectly until this latest patch - I'm really enjoying the game. Al Akir is full though :/

I'm just gonna go buy the game today I think, hope that works.

Postby Mac-10 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:07 pm

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

Eric don't go on what the server status says, majority of the time when it says a server is full it isn't, select the server then try to join and more often than not you will get on straight away.

On busy periods there is a wait but its nothing major usually highest I have ever been in a queue is 125 and went down to make a cuppa by the time I got back up I was in, so a matter of minutes.

Postby feign on Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:12 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

You can still make toons on the serer even though it says full in my understanding.

and only at rare times - sunday night 6pm, etc - will there be a queu to get on teh server of more than 3/4 minutes.

Postby Tonster on Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:36 am

Tonster

Quinn - check yer PMs :)

Postby Quinnbeast on Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:11 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru

Right back atcha. You better not be sending me something willy shaped.

Postby Quinnbeast on Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:30 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru

Zeal : Your trial key worked fine in the end m8. The US client I downloaded just wasn't playing ball, but Tonster sorted me out, and it works like a charm. I realise now that, despite the so-called conversion of the US client to UK/Euro, I was still being linked to a US account creation site (among other things). That's probably why the trial key wasn’t registering.

It’s all good now though. Cheers.

Postby Ronaldo on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:26 am

Ronaldo
Forum Guru
wibwub ronwah!

Xbox Live: Average Boab
Sorry to top an old post, is it still worth my while to download this?

Just got broadband back in the new flat, SWG is a complete joke these days, looking for something else to do in my spare time.

I am not a fileplanet subscriber so I am just waiting in line to start my download, any info would be welcome :x

Postby Tonster on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:14 am

Tonster

If you like PvP then join Al'Akir (lot's of peeps you know), or Stormrage (a few peeps you know) for PvE (euro english servers). Be warned that Blizzard had blocked some servers from having new characters being created on them owing to over crowding, Stormrage was one of them. Don't know if that's been lifted yet.

Warning: kiss your social life goodbye like we all did with SWG :D

Is it worth it? It's like being an alcoholic and being offered a job as a barman ;) I picked an analogy I thought a Scotsman could relate to...

Oh, and make sure you're downloading the EU client and not the US client, and expect to have to download a massive set of patches when you first play.

Postby feign on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:49 am

feign
Forum Bicycle

I'm guessing that if you submit a GM ticket in-game, reauesting teh ability to make a character on a "locked" server, due to all your freinds / long time guild beuing there, they wold allow that.

If not, I cna only imagine the flames they'd get.

It's also possible this has been implemented just on the realms that are getting near completing their AQ war supplies event, as I read from the US forums that somke of the US servers were almost pulled down by teh number of levle 1 characters in Silithus trying to watch.

Postby JuriOs on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:18 am

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Not to mention pulling the entire mob population of Silithus and possibly Un'Goro to the event! xD
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Tonster on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:38 am

Tonster

feign wrote:I'm guessing that if you submit a GM ticket in-game, reauesting teh ability to make a character on a "locked" server, due to all your freinds / long time guild beuing there, they wold allow that.

If not, I cna only imagine the flames they'd get.

They've had them already, and the lock stayed. This was during the server move ruckus so it may have been lifted by now.

The mentality of the flamers amazed me.
"OMGOMGOMG we have to queue for hours to get on and the lag's horrible when we get there. NOW WTF can't my mate create a character on the server".

I mean fucking DUH.

Incidentally I see Al'Akir is in 10th place in the war effort with 54%. Stormrage is in 73rd with 41%. Both waaay behind the leaders though who are in the mid nineties.
Last edited by Tonster on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mister666 on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:42 am

Mister666
Forum Guru
tabard

steamID: Sixxor
PSN: Sixxor
Xbox Live: Sixxor
AKA: Sixxor/Sixxor666
Twitter: @DonkeyBadger
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
Battle.Net ID: Sixxor#2147
Ronneh. :D

Get your ass onto Al'Akir if you can m8 (and choose horde, or you'll be the enemy!), lots of people you know are there (just tonster that isn't as he's a faggy alliance PvE type :P )

It kicks the shite out of SWG in every way, seriously. You'll love it m8.

Also, I would like to know how the bollocks all these level 1 characters are managing to get to silithus? I mean it's a bloody long trip even if you fly it there, and at level 1 they'll hav an aggro radius of about 900 miles so will be pulling every mob in the world and being one shotted.

I remember once when Al'Akir was down and we all created lvl 1 dwarf paladins and tried to invade Undercity, just trying to walk thru Silverpine (sticking to the roads) was a nightmare, one shotted by a bear, corpse run, rez, walk 2 meters, one shotted by a bear etc. Tbh I just couldn't be arsed with it just to see the event. I'm sure someone will record it anyway. :P

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft