adenuf

Postby DrKazza on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:01 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
well nearly anyway...
I'm level 57 atm and coming up to 60 just when the exansion's being talked about and suddenly my quests will not be doable, because no bu99er wants to do them. Well the faithful few will (feign inv, salv, v66, mac etc)

But I'm getting a little bored tbh, still addicted, but just bored.
I did a great 5hr stint in BRD the other day and that was cool but I get so few opportunities to do 5hrs that it's pointless even contemplating MC or Onyxia etc as a long term goal.
I won't have time to grind, I won't have uber gear to be able to play in battlegrounds as i'll be pwned all the time. So i'm kinda fucked.

Ironic isn't it that when I finally get close to end-game areas I don't have a hope of competing...
X3:Reunion is on order so i'll be trying that out and if it's any good you'll see me a lot less otherwise I'll just be doing random quests (prolly solo)

Not posting this on vets as the atmosphere has become VERY unpleasant... The best one was "I wanted to do MC but show up late and they said no... it's brains fault, they've ruined the tabard vote too"
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby JuriOs on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:26 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

Fuck Al'Akir, join Defias Brotherhood!
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Tonster on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:36 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Sounds like you hit the point I did. I made it to 60 and was suddenly completely buggered. Even the shortest instances take 2 hours minimum, and that's if you don't have to faff about looking for a group. I'm afraid you've found WoWs weakness - no casual content at 60, but perhaps you can appreciate why (farmers).

I quit for exactly the reasons you've stated. I'd never seen Onyxia, Molten Core etc because I can never commit to that length of play and guarantee no interuptions. That, and for a while I did have a bit of time so did lots of high end runs to try and get my Mage gear. After a dozen runs (a full days play) I had none. I realised I had neither the time nor the patience to try and get a cloak with +12 magic power or whatever, and what was the point. If I did get the set, then what?

WoW just ran out of having a point, which was sad as I loved it.

[edited for shocking typing]
Last edited by Tonster on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby DrKazza on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:37 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

Dude... my child has been born and learned to crawl & stand up in the time it's taken me to get to 57... there's no way i'm re-rolling to do it all again

Postby DrKazza on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:03 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

100% with you tonst

Postby Mac-10 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:47 pm

Mac-10
Forum Guru
Microwave Oven

What quests are you talking about anyway, since I bet there are loads which you have missed, instances I find boring personally and any quest associated with them.

I gained half a level into 56 by going to another area and doing a shit load of easy green quests, nice loot, very quick experience and the hand in reward was pretty good as well.

As for gear well this is where WoW does stand out from the rest, with money you can buy some excellent gear and then have them enchanted, in the BGs you can also get some great gear as you progress up the ranks, bare in mind there is only a small percentage who are fully kitted out with legendary gear anyway.

There are quests all the way to 60 and they aren't all elites either, also what is your current spec because if it isn't geared towards pve then soloing can be hard work as a warlock, you might want to look at your current spec and change it slightly so you can solo easier until you reach 60 then change back, any quest should be able to be done if the mobs are at your level or two levels above, theres enough quests about that you won't have to grind.

Bottom line is m8 you don't need to have the best gear to compete or enjoy the bgs, what I would do now if I was you is hit the 50-59 bgs there are quests in there also, you can earn rank points and pick up some really nice gear along the way, check some sites at what gear you get at different ranks you will be surprised just how good it is.

Btw if you want to do some quests and I am online pm ingame I will help out chances are I won't have done them anyway.

Postby Tuff on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:21 pm

Tuff
Forum Bicycle
No muff 2 Tuff, we dive at 5.

steamID: Tuff
100% with you kaaz and tonst. I hit 60 and instead of suddenly being able to do everything I wanted to in game my early starts and the fact most raids start late meant I could suddenly do nothing worthy of my character other than battlegrounds. Great though they are they aren't good enough to pay £9 per motnh.

Re: adenuf

Postby viadro66 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 pm

viadro66
Forum Regular

DrKazza wrote:I'm level 57 atm and coming up to 60 just when the exansion's being talked about and suddenly my quests will not be doable, because no bu99er wants to do them.

I understand, that after fun (successful) 5 hour play you can feel bad not having a good chance for another such experience. Look at WoW from a little brighter side:
1. no good chance for Onyxia, MC, whatever looong - so what? For example I do not see the chance to became an attractive 20 year old girl, anyway not in the nearest future, but it does not bother me at all :P;
2. people are talking about expansion, but expansion will be not sooner then in few month, so you WILL be 60 at that point with some new areas to visit, and maybe already with a nice blue gear (forget purple - not for us ;));
3. after the expansion will come suddenly high level - but short (OK - let call it not extremely long ;)) and interesting instances will gain new attractiveness: to the existing 1. "fun when playing with friends" and 2. "possible good drops" we will get 3. "gaining levels from 60 up"
4. yes we will be pwned in battlegrounds - so that is why we do not go there; I always will be pwned in PvP in WoW because I NEVER attack first, and with a hunter and not so agile fingers I can not win with those who decide to attack me first :); I just play PvE on a PvP server.

And at last - your child is nearly adult, so maybe you have some possibility to have one night for you? Cause a casual, cozy group game is something which can bring totally new life to already old game (and WoW is not old - just tiring with all those rushing to be leet).

Regards
v66

edit: Just to make it more strict - all those who are tired with the game, plz consider some group experience on the level of intensity (how often, when, how long) you can commit. Doing stuff together with friends (and being sure it will be repeatable experience) is something you are lacking, IMHO ;).

Postby JuriOs on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:28 pm

JuriOs
Forum Regular

The only times I've been bored with this game were the times I could not group up with someone, anyone, to do something, anything. I've not had to solo for the last month just because I keep bugging people untill I find someone to team up with to do something fun.

Find people you can team up with, for me this game is all about duo-ing.
I'd rather dance with you

Postby Hammerstein on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:39 pm

Hammerstein
Forum Regular

Did not want not to respond to this.

I understand what you're saying.

It's part of the curse of MMORPGs that they're impossible to do casually and still be satisfied if you harbour any in-game ambitions because of the time available to many of the people you're up against. And in WoW the structure of the end-game amplifies the time commitment aspect. You can play simpler games to neutralise this effect, but they tend to get tired very quickly. And the single player environment can seem very stale once you've tried MMORPGs, regardless of the amount of interactive story-line which can be built in there; they simply don't have the replay value.

Politics is also a killer. The ONLY reason to play is to have fun.

Anyway - sorry to hear your decision. If you do ever log on and need a hand with anything, give me a shout.
Al'Akir: Straylight (mage)
The others: Aeviar (mage) / Redbull (shaman) / Sanctuary (priest) / Hammerstein (warrior) / Deliverance (warlock) / Damedelac (rogue)

Postby Eiznek on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:42 pm

Eiznek
Forum Member

Since Dirk's now 55 and is very much the only proper character I have this is not music to my ears. I have exactly the same reservations regarding time and the jealousy I will never enjoy long instance runs (have done not even 5 different instances) or Battlegrounds (never - still grinding). DrK, just wait till you have 3 kids and see what it does to your time. I feel more undead in real life sometimes....
Anyhow, the point for me is that I still enjoy it tremendously. I have the fat fingers Via suffers from, but I know I still like soloing stuff, and casual grouping even better. Chin up, and maybe we can hook up a little more in future. Seems from this thread that there are many like-minded people out there. And Via, I did once get not just one purple but two - random drops both but not especially hot ones. Sold 'em both, though.

Postby Invalid2 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:27 pm

Invalid2
Forum Regular

Exo might be 60 now, but that doesn't mean she'll forget you! The next time you come online, PM me and we'll have some great adventures. We can start quests for epic gear or kill hordes of alliance in battlegrounds. There's a lot of fun to be had in WoW. Something I learned while playing an alt with no pressure at all to reach level 60. You do need to get away from the urge to obtain things as fast as possible. Blizzard wants you keep playing forever, which means they've tried to create a carefull balance between having you play for as long as possible while still reward you to keep you interested. I think they've done a good job at that. In the end though, like feign always says: people > game. If you team up, even the most boring quests can get fun.
Isoproplex (level 60 priest), Exomatosis (level 60 warrior)

Postby steff on Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:38 pm

steff
Forum Guru
Never mastered comma usage

if you want armor kazz, start stockpiling mooncloth imo mooncloth stuff suplimented with blues is great for casters.

When i got my shadowpriest to 60 he was nearly fully kitted out with mooncloth armor and the only reason i can see to get the set items is for the bonuses which lets be honest are pretty laughable.

If you do some maurdon runs (warlock soloable at 60), get some mooncloth armor, supplilemented with the odd strath run here and there

(1 hour and a bit for baron, a few for scarlet), you can pretty much kit yourself out in great armor that will do you well for everything.

If you can do the onyxia key line (which will need you to spend 3 hours in LBRS unfortantly), then onyxia for us is a 30 min run once a week. Im sure even you can bargin around 30 mins /hour off during the week kazz ? :)

if you want a bit more freindly laid back dont really care attitude kazz you can always pm me in game :)

also bgs are great fun, well AB is (im not fussed on the rest of them) when we get a 10/15 man group in AB its great almost TFC esq ! and you can get some amazing armor as rewards for progressing through the different ranks with the defilers
Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Postby feign on Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:10 am

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

Steff's point on mooncloth gear is spot on. Add in some felcoth gear for int and +dam for warlocks and it's fine on the "good enough" stakes.

Ergo has 3 parts of devout set equipped, and teh set bonus is.....+seven to shadow damage. as steff says, it;s laughable, so don;t panic.

The issue as steff again says, it's picking and chosing and doing some fun stuff. at 57, the grind really is over imho. You're 100% viable in most areas of the game outside 40 man raids, so it's about "let's go have some fun and do and see cool things"

And BG's in a group are great fun. The fact is I've done more AB's with some invidus guys than I have with Vets people and enjoyed every one of them. Just I keep screwing up arrangements with Hammer :(

For reference, I have sod all interest in the expansion atm, it's ages away, and loads of interesting stuff still here in my view.

As far as Zenya's posts, it's take all my self restraint not to post flames on it. I cba to have as much restraint as I need sometimes tho!

Postby steff on Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:47 am

steff
Forum Guru
Never mastered comma usage

blizzard have put in a release of this time 2006 for the expansion, with various patches and all of the classes to be "finished off" between now and then. I really wouldnt worry about it too much :)

If you have rested bonus kazz and a few hours the quests in Eastern plaugelands will get you to 60 in no time, not to mention you can while away time in AV at your level and still do more than fine :)

Isnt Zenya the one that spends 24/7 in battlegrounds in the vein persiut of high warlord ? :)
Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Postby Kiwi on Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:49 am

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

Well tbh i'm glad she has gone as she has pissed me off numerous times.

Anyway kaz, if every you want to do an instance run that you haven't yet seen like lbrs etc then give me a nudge and i'll gladly come along either on the rogue or druid.

Good end-game instances that don't take much time (for reference) are:

Scolomance (if you get past the boring early stage then its just boss-boss-boss and its a lot of fun - usually take you about 1.5-2.5 hours max)

DM West (about an hour ish and a bit - its a very quick instance)

UBRS (Rend runs) admittadly you would need to be in a 15 man raid group but doing a rend run is very quick indeed.

Strath baron runs (raid) again very quick, not much over an hour and you get some nice drops

My advice though kaz would be to do raids with people either in vets (you should have no probs getting an impromtu raid to strath baron/scarlet or scolomance) or an org pickup which will get you no quests done but a chance at some nice items and an easy fun run.

at 57 you can easily join a raid in either of those two instances.

Postby Shagaire on Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:49 am

Shagaire
Forum Guru
pr0gaminglol

steamID: shagaire
Twitter: shagaire
Isnt Zenya the one that spends 24/7 in battlegrounds in the vein persiut of high warlord ?

Yes

Postby Freya on Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:51 am

Freya
Forum Regular

Basically what all this lot have said. You can run the Baron side of Stratholme and Dire Maul West in under an hour for some fairly snazzy drops, call it an hour and a half if you include getting a group sorted and getting into the instance as well. Do what Steff said and get a bit of mooncloth stuff made and have a crack at Arathi Basin. Don't worry about not having uber gear either, I'm convinced it's not that important really.

I'd venture you can do all these things in chunks of under 2 hours at a time and they are happily some of the more fun instances and battlegrounds in the game at the moment too.

*edit* this is syd not freya but the message is the same!

Postby shepherdspie on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:55 am

shepherdspie
Forum Member

well m8 if you need mooncloth i still have the ability to make it on shep, unfortunatly there is no gold or felcloth on him so you would have to supply the felcloth :o (just pm imaganome on lightnings blade :))

i also don't think uber gear is that important in bg probably cos i die so quickly mwuah :D (lemming charge ftw!)

It's a shame but totally understandable that you don't wish to start on a new server, but if you ever change your mind and fancy making a wee alty on Lightnings Blade let me know and i'll help you as best i can :)

Al Akir sounds like it's getting a bit gayer and i can honestly say that moving server was the best thing i ever did :)

(p.s had that x2 thing i think all managed to do on it was fly stonededededly out of the space station and then shoot it or somin, didnt get v far at all :o which is a shame cos it reminded me of elite)

Postby DrKazza on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

Thanks all, some really good ideas there. I think i'm going to start doing some of these things. Just got a couple of quest hand ins/clean ups to do first, but then you'll all be seeing begging requests for Strat/DM/Schol etc.

Thanks guys appreciate it

Next

Return to World of Warcraft