UPDATE <Brains> merge with <Veterans>

WoW chit-chat and stuff

Moderators: DrKazza, feign

UPDATE <Brains> merge with <Veterans>

Postby feign on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:10 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

After a number of discussions on the members side about this the <Brains> guild on Al'akir Akir will be merging with <Veterans>, a guild with a similar aim, of being a fun place for friends to meet and play.

Link to Veterans forums

During the discussion phase, many <Brains> people have taken the opportunity to do instance runs, including Molten Core, with <Veterans> and all our feelings have bene that this will be a positive step for us as guild, creating greater opportunities for finding groups in-guild, of exactly the same type of people that play with <Brains>.

A few key points:
  • This is not something that's been a quick decision. But one that has broad support from the full member grouping.
  • <Brains> will still exist, initially as a safety net in case people decide to not transfer all their characters at once or at all.
  • <Veterans> have active players at all levels are are happy for people to guild all the toons that they want.
  • <Veterans> have a larger active player base than us, so it makes sense that we keep their name, and they are a long running - 5 years - multi-game guild, so the name means more to them than a vote thread for us a while back where no-one wanted to offend Dr_kazza :p
  • Movement is not mandatory. There will be a cleanup of non-active toons in <Brains> but active people who chose not to move will not be kicked from <Brains>.

To facilitate the movement of people from <Brains> to <Veterans> one of the Veterans officers will guild temporarily with Brains, to be a contact point. That toon is called Melancholy and is an alt of Fizzy/Mystical/Stardust, a <Veterans> officer. This will start happening on the evening of Friday 9th September 05.

UPDATE - Also there is a signup thread on the <Veterans> forums, for people to post forum names, toon names, HERE

All the current <Brains> officers will be in /kowo and /hivemind whenever they are on to ensure that they are easily contactable.

The main way to get an invite will be to post on the welcome thread on the <Veterans> forums and ask in game to fizzy/Mystical/Melancholy. Also, any of the current <Brains> officers will be able to help facilitate that.

I look forward to continuing playing with my friends.

feign

* - Given this post is for <Brains> people, it would be great to see it not attract any negative posts from outside. Thanks.
Last edited by feign on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kiwi on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:18 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

Nice, I think it will give so many of us so many more opportunities to do and see parts of the game we have historically struggled or been unable to see.

I hope to see you all in our new home :)

Postby Jobabob on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:35 pm

Jobabob
Forum Bicycle

AKA: urmum
woo! convenient timing for my return to the game :P
Living the dream in birmingham

Postby Bane on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:25 pm

Bane
Forum Member

I cant see any thread to see who why what etc of people moving over and people not any link??

Postby Kehama on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:35 pm

Kehama
Forum Regular

Bane wrote:I cant see any thread to see who why what etc of people moving over and people not any link??

I think Figne! means this post : http://veterans.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1404

Just mention you're from Brains coming over to Veterans in your post, someone will grab you once you're in game. Or you can send me a tell and I'll assist.

Postby Invalid2 on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:38 pm

Invalid2
Forum Regular

Bane wrote:I cant see any thread to see who why what etc of people moving over and people not any link??

The discussion took place on the member side of the forum. Officers are working now to make sure initiates can read it too, so they can deside what they want to do.

Postby Freya on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:47 pm

Freya
Forum Regular

For info Freya will be remaining in Brains for the foreseable future as several people have informed me that they also wish to stay. I also want to be there as a friendly face should anyone want to come back.

Postby Jobabob on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Jobabob
Forum Bicycle

AKA: urmum
I wont be here this evening, but I expect to come back to a new guild tomorrow!
Living the dream in birmingham

Postby feign on Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:27 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

Kehama wrote:

I think Figne! means this post : http://veterans.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1404

Just mention you're from Brains coming over to Veterans in your post, someone will grab you once you're in game. Or you can send me a tell and I'll assist.

No, not that thread actually Kehama - but thanks for flagging it up. The Veterans Guild Leader Inphinity (ign = false) has a welcome thread half written, which will go up from either him or stardust early this evening. The idea was to have a single sign-up place for Brains people, as it made sense with such a number coming from one place to co-ordinate it more closely.

As I said in the original post, Stardust will be guilding Melancholy to <Brains> temporarily to help with the cordination, but any help form Kehamma or anyone else is always approciated.

Postby stardust on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:26 pm

stardust
Forum Newbie

He's got a post up now (literally just this minute I think) which is for Brains only - for ease no doubt, due to the large numbers moving over. So even if you have posted in the other thread - please post in the new one and include names of any alts (character names will be linked to your forum account etc). I'll let inph explain this fully later :)

Anyways just wanted to say - looking forward to playing with you guys a lot more - see you in game! :D

starreh

[ in game: Fizzy / Mystical ]

Postby feign on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:35 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle

I've added the link to the <Veterans> signup thread in the original post in the bolded comment!

Postby Shagaire on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:22 pm

Shagaire
Forum Guru
pr0gaminglol

steamID: shagaire
Twitter: shagaire
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
:O

gl!

Postby Chumba on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:33 pm

Chumba
Forum Regular

Hate the idea that some people arn't gunna move :/
At least give it a try!

Postby Karnage on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:12 am

Karnage
Forum Regular

I will be moving as soon as I've helped those who wish to move make the transition.

I too hate the fact that we will be leaving people behind, especially since the offer was made available to all of us. I can only hope that you reconsider and make the transition with the rest of us. If not, then at least try to keep in touch :D

Postby Eiznek on Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:50 pm

Eiznek
Forum Member

I plan to move to, and move my two characters from another guild as well.

I am, however, having trouble positing on the Veterans site. I joined up OK (see "Eiznek" at bottom of Brains names thread) but can't post - will send in game /w to mystical to see if it's an activation problem, but if anyone's got some ideas why....

Postby stardust on Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:05 am

stardust
Forum Newbie

did you get it sorted? pm me in game if not...

Postby ceolstan on Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:25 pm

ceolstan
Forum Newbie

/me waves hi.

So, when I redirect Basiners interested in EuroWoW, I should direct them to <Veterans> instead of BRAINS?

Thanks!

--ceolstan

Postby DrKazza on Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:46 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
/waves

yes please ceolstan

http://veterans.org.uk/forum/index.php

Thanks matey
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby Yocote on Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:52 am

Yocote
Forum Guru

ceolstan wrote:/me waves hi.

So, when I redirect Basiners interested in EuroWoW, I should direct them to <Veterans> instead of BRAINS?

/target ceolstan
/greet :)

Probably the best tip is to join the channel named 'kowo' ("/join kowo") and see who hangs out there. So far that channel has been quite stable across periods of guild structure change and works on two different servers: Al'Akir and Stormrage. Though the presence of ol' basiners is by far the most noticable on the PvP realm Al'Akir, Horde side, (where <Veterans> and <Brains> live), there is still a little core of basinitis on the PvE realm Stormrage (alliance), albeit that most members of 'our' guild there (<Cerebra>) have their level 60 characters in <Menethil Raiders> by now.

Postby JuriOs on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:36 am

JuriOs
Forum Regular

You're all silly, just join the Defias Brotherhood server (PvP RP) and give a /tell to either Sela or Lyrae (that's me !) And I'll get you into the best guild evar! Burning Dawn!

*grins*
Ima hijacking monkey :D
I'd rather dance with you

Next

Return to World of Warcraft