Nostalgia

A place for all your general chat needs

Nostalgia

Postby CrazyCrane on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:58 pm

CrazyCrane
Forum Member

Hello!

Long (long long long) time since I've been on here or spoken to most of you lot, but a recent nostalgia-fest set me remembering old times and naturally that included TFC, WP and you merry crew. So I finally got off my arse, figured out my old login details and popped on to say hi!

How's everyone doing? Looking through the most recent posts it's good to see so many familiar faces still around - the main memory I had / have of TFC was the community and the fact you're all still here 10+ years later speaks volumes. Definitely makes me regret disappearing for so long!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi - and I won't leave it another 7 years between visits!!!

Cheers,
CC

Re: Nostalgia

Postby Cacker on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:08 pm

Cacker
Site Admin
4th floor ponce

steamID: Cacker
PSN: Cacker67
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
post count has dropped over the last few years. I think a lot of people are getting old or are already dead.

I think in 10 years, everything has been said. so don't feel too bad :wink:
/Chairs

Cacker

Postby LSM on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:11 am

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

steamID: LSM
PSN: messele
AKA: Lt. Sex Machine
Twitter: messele
Christ! There has been a very noticeable manifesting of craggy old faces this past few months. Are the EverQuest servers farked?!

This place gives the impression of being deader than Bill Cosby's career but it actually has more lurkers than the NBC dressing rooms (topical !).

Post shit 'n stuff. Good to see you about.

Postby DrKazza on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:36 pm

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
Hey CC - good to see you're still knocking around

:blitz:
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby Klors on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Klors
Forum Guru
Would fuck the antichrist

Hello!... lurker number 29017 here reporting for duty.
Klors Trofobik

Postby ~Dear Old Granny~ on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:26 am

~Dear Old Granny~
Countdown & Crochet

orientation: No
I still pop in every week or two to read both of the new posts.

Oh the days when it used to be like a newsfeed all day long. I get more work done now.

Hi CC

Postby CrazyCrane on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:58 am

CrazyCrane
Forum Member

~Dear Old Granny~ wrote:Oh the days when it used to be like a newsfeed all day long. I get more work done now.

Never a truer word spoken, my productivity went up 100% when I finally quit reading the forums. I took a look back at the UKTFCL forums the other day (told you it was a nostalgia-fest!) - my god but I (and to be fair, everyone else) couldn't half bang on! The quality wasn't the same as the WP forums though, nary a train-station scuffle to be seen. How is Koppo these days anyway, anyone know if he ever calmed down and avoided a massive aneurysm? Kazza, I saw your strongman post: I hope you've not taken over the mantle - you haven't grown a dodgy mullet/pony-tail have you? ;)

So are you guys still gaming? I haven't properly played anything online since TFC, nothing I tried came close to it to be honest - it was just that perfect right-place right-time game for me. And a busy past few years mean I haven't played anything at all for years (think the last game I bought was Shogun 2, not played FPS in a decade). I'm not sure if I'll ever get the time to play again (just moving house, 6 month old son, busy job etc.) but if I ever did fancy getting thrashed, what's good right now and where are you all hanging about?

And how's everyone doing anyway? As I said it's good to see so many friendly old faces, I hope everyone's well.

CC

Postby ~Dear Old Granny~ on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:12 pm

~Dear Old Granny~
Countdown & Crochet

orientation: No
Well, as you ask, I download a lot of games from Steam that I can't be bothered to finish, most I can't even be bothered to start, but my principal love when I do need to shoot things is TF2 which gets mixed reviews from the diehards here. It's rather good, and despite original misgivings has a lot of tough skills hidden underneath the stupid micro economy and hats. The usual complement of cretins, but they are easier to ignore.

I think we are really getting on a bit now, me especially, and there is so little traffic here that I can't even speak for anyone else these days. Old faces keep popping up here, applying jump leads to TFC 1999, then get exhausted from whipping dead scouts and go quiet again.

On the bright side we have trebled the post count this week!

Congratulations on daddism, just to rub salt in the wounds my sons are 21 and 14 now. When I picked up on TFC my son was 5 and there was only one. Docca is probably into double figures by now. Time, time, time, where has it gone? Has it gone anywhere, does it even exist, is it an illusion? If I go to a distant star I can get a really good pair of hyper-uber light drive binoculars* and watch myself playing TFC on a 17" CRT monitor, with a 150 ping and wondering if anything could be as good? - EVAR!!1! As the young people say.

*As seen on Blade Runner maybe? 32 years young, or some similarly unlikely bit of sci-fi 'the future really won't be like this' thing. (Blade Runner was set in 2019 as it goes, which probably seemed crazy distant at the time, but from what I can see, it tells us the cars will be worse, guns will look crap and we'll all be trapped in New Romantic Japonica.)

Postby Klors on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:43 pm

Klors
Forum Guru

I dunno, China is still crazy and still buying up the world economy. My hope for being in a Bladerunner world could still come true yet.... although, Roy should be activated in 2016 if his serial number was right, so they don't have long to develop replicants

Been playing WoW again recently, and before that Destiny
Klors Trofobik

Postby Tonster on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
I clicked this thread expecting it to be an ancient post that had been bumped, but no, CC is here! Hello old chap!

I really did think this forum was dead, I just spotted it in a link and decided to take a peek. Can't help but feel the occasional sporadic post is just the last dying twitches of a forum that's run its course. Sadly. Still, dead horse flogging is something we collectively have excelled at historically.

Grats on the sprog, but that is a shameful lack of gaming I see there. When people said "get a life" you weren't supposed to actually go and do it!

I still keep getting sucked back in to the Warcraft black hole but also do a lot of mobile gaming. No other MMO or online game has come close to replicating the addiction of TFC, and for that I should probably be grateful.

Postby Billybob on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Billybob
Forum Regular
This is a better title!

hi cc :)
dota2, world of tanks and everquest (well, project99) are what im on atm. i dont half miss the fps's though. as you say nothing comes close to tfc.

Postby Fluke? on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Fluke?
Forum Regular
Nope, that was deliberate

steamID: Fluke?
AKA: QL: Stupid_Baddie
~Dear Old Granny~ wrote:TFC on a 17" CRT monitor, with a 150 ping

No need to gloat lpb scum :mad:

Postby LoneGun on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:56 pm

LoneGun
Forum Regular
One Lung

Hi CC,
Glad to hear that Fred is fully operational after all the floggings he took in the basement.
Get your Rex Omar fan club banner here!

Postby Sprite on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Sprite
Forum Regular
He lives

Howdy Hey

I still like the odd bit of L4D2 on PC, mostly stick to consoles now.

My 5 year old son loves his Wii U, it's quite interesting to see how memorized he is with Mario 3D World. Reminds me how i used to fall in love with a particular game when i was younger.

Still see / chat Westie, b0nes, MMD & Huckan on Steam.

Postby SteveP on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:02 pm

SteveP
Forum Regular

I occasionally visit these parts, when I run out and get bored of all my other daily usual sites....

I've not really done any gaming for a few years now though.

Postby DrKazza on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 am

DrKazza
Pinball Wizard

steamID: DrKazza
SteveP wrote:I occasionally visit these parts, when I run out and get bored of all my other daily usual sites....

I've not really done any gaming for a few years now though.

Spending too much time on telly? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pemberton
That's The REVEREND Dr. Kazza to you.

Postby SteveP on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:00 pm

SteveP
Forum Regular

I'd run a mile from any TV camera, that be more your cuppa :P

Postby Docca on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am

Docca
Egg-splitting sperm cannon

still only got the five kids. Just got a new house, a new job and I bury my 66yo father next week. I think i'm going to write a book about stress. Possibly how to manage stress, but definitely stress.

No gaming for years here, either. No time. I do like motorbikes though. vroooom :D

Hope you are well. Coont.
Even a blind Squirrel can hold the nuts

Postby Tat on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Tat
Forum Guru
Innuendo by name...

Sad news to hear docca, hope the rest of this year, apart from stress, you get to have sometime to do that book, i,m sure it will be a best seller.

5 kids :shock: and i thought i read some place that when you ride a bike to much it stunted your fertility. :laugh:

Postby Klors on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Klors
Forum Guru

Sorry to hear that Docca, I'll be doing a similar thing for my step father at pretty much the same time.

I got myself a RSV Mille last year, you had/have a Tuono right? Think the Tuono would have been better for my back and neck! Lovely bike though, roll on the riding weather. The bandit still comes out in the winter, but it's not the same...
Klors Trofobik

Next

Return to General Chat