Could really do with help remembering an 80's comic book

A place for all your general chat needs

Could really do with help remembering an 80's comic book

Postby Kiwi on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

I recall getting a comic book when I was a nipper, would have been in the 80's. The star of said comic I can't recall but due to the fact I would have been under 10 I doubt it was anything other than a superman/batman/spider-man style marvel/DC comic.

Anyway, the premise was there were these alien/monster/creatures that were bursting out of people, becoming quite large and all different in appearance. There was someone investigating it and it transpires that the creatures were being put in humans via blood transfusions. An image I recall was the monsters in glass jars in a hospital.

I've been googling for ages and all i've found is someone else trying to recall the same comic book I am but to no avail. Suggestions given include a Bloodlines series and Brood, neither of which are what i'm trying to remember.

I vaguely recall trying to find this a few years back but can't recall if I was ever successful in working out what the comic was. My memory isn't very good it seems.

Anyway, I know not much traffic flows through here but if anyone ever does see this and was into comics as a kid in the 80's then maybe you might know what i'm on about.

This has become one of those frustrating things that won't stop bugging me and i'm determined to find the comic in question. I know it would help if I can recall the main character, but I don't think it was a team, and I don't think it was batman and robin.

Re: Could really do with help remembering an 80's comic book

Postby Billybob on Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Billybob
Forum Regular
This is a better title!

i was sort of a comic fanboy back then, it sounds vaguely like alien, but im sure youd remember that one! drawing a blank sorry!

Postby Kiwi on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

It definately wasn't alien. All monsters were different, different colours like red, blue etc. They were all larger than the person they burst out of and had different numbers or arms/legs/heads. And I distinctly remember the baby/tiny monsters in blood jars in a blood bank.

Postby Kiwi on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

umg I just splurged.

I think i've found the comic. I've litterally been looking at EVERY Marvel and DC comic book front cover released between 1991 and got down to June 1984, and found...

Rom: Issue #55 "The Enemy Within"

As Rom, Starshine, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents approach, people flee screaming from Mercy Hospital. They enter the hospital and find monsters on the rampage. Rom uses his Analyzer and all are stunned to find that these creatures were once human. Rom and Starshine search further to discern how the creatures are being created when they come across Rick Jones carrying the lifeless doctor. He tells them of how he was awaiting a transfusion when an orderly accidentally pricked himself with a needle and how the monster emerged from his chest. The monster slew the doctor and Rick killed it with his guitar. Rom realizes what has happened and analyzes the blood which reveals the Wraith taint. The three of them head toward the blood bank where Starshine and Rom are soon ambushed by two large monsters. They both defeat the creatures and proceed to the blood bank. Rom uses his Neutralizer to destroy the tainted blood.

Sounds like the one I am after and the cover triggered a memory. I would have been 5 fucking hell thats awesome if it is the one. What I really need is a way to see a spread from inside the comic in question, or to get hold of one somehow. Only ones I can find for sale are on the Amazon US website. Can you get shipping to UK via Amazon US?

edit-

it is it !!!!!

http://siskoid.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/s ... loody.html

Has all the stuff I remember :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've even found somewhere in the UK that will post me it for £3

I've been searching for this for sooooooo long.

Postby Klors on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Klors
Forum Guru
Would fuck the antichrist

You can reply to that other guy searching for the same thing and put him out of his misery too then :)
Klors Trofobik

Return to General Chat