Postby LSM on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:09 am

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

steamID: LSM
PSN: messele
AKA: Lt. Sex Machine
Twitter: messele

Brain Donor cunt even got maracas for the taxi fiesta.

Re: The GTA-V thread

Postby Tonster on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
GTA online now live!

Useless tip #25, you can car jack your own characters. I drove Franklin to an event that was meant for T-revor, so switched and he got there, did the rampage event, and Franklin was still there in an Infernus when it was over so I had Trevor yank him out of the car and drive off. It seemed fitting.

Postby LSM on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

That's it, I'm getting Michael to go postal on Jimmy.

Postby Kiwi on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:47 am

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

Anyone had a go at online? I've only been able to play single player yesterday for a bit after a week in hospital and would be interested to know if it's worth upgrading to Xbox live gold for.

Postby LSM on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:20 am

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

I couldn't last week and this week I am into other stuff so no idea tbh.

I'd say it's worth kicking Microsoft in the stones though. Xbox live gold wtf?

Postby phatb0y on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:11 am

phatb0y
The Game Decider

PSN: phatb0y
AKA: chikhai, macumba
Twitter: phatb0y
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
If you're playing it with friends its a great laugh. TDM is generally pretty shit (GTA's shooting/cover mechanics aren't the best) but the other missions are fine. Jets vs cars/bikes and the flying races are good. In fact any of the co-op missions are good so long as you go in there with a full group and ramp the difficulty up.

Trying to play it with randoms is an exercise in futility. GTA's community makes Call of Duty's look like a book club at CERN.

Postby Twisted on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 am

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

steamID: Litation
Xbox Live: Litation
I played a bit of GTA:Online last night seems ok but the leveling mechanic is pure shite and the whole "you can't steal and tag premium cars unless you buy them" is crap its justa bit of a grind fest and as Phats said the TDM is a bit meh especially as everyone shows up on the radar anyway. The Jets vs Bikes is fun however 90% of the time the bikes win because most people just end up face planing their plane and then you have one special little flower who doesn't get in a plane and tries running/driving after them or runs around the runway not getting it even though they just watched everyone else get in the plane. What I really want is some Co-Op Heists.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Physical rape is psychological Murder.

Postby phatb0y on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:17 am

phatb0y
The Game Decider

Co-op heists will be good when they're eventually implemented, but I'm guessing you'll have to put your hand in your pocket before you can even consider them. Theres already a massive amount of jewing going on by Rockstar to get you buy their e-shekels. You already have to pay to join some missions and you'll need one of the top tier apartments to even plan a heist. They've already removed the ability to restart missions and they're constantly tweaking payouts server side (eg Violent Duct is now $3k payout as opposed to $9k).

When it first started the cash grind was there, but it wasn't the cynical Candy Crush bullshit its slowly turning into. I'm surprised you're not charged for fuel.

Postby LSM on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:21 am

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

Fuel. Yes. Good idea. From now on you have to pay for fuel and you can't just steal it.

That'll fuck 'em up.

Postby Klors on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Klors
Forum Guru
Would fuck the antichrist

As others have said, it's fun with friends or pretty hard-going with randoms. My special favourite are the ones who broadcast the game sound through their mic and even though you can mute them you hear the feedback through other people's mic channels that you cant mute.
Klors Trofobik

Postby Kiwi on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

Think I can miss online then. Played single player pretty solidly leaving most of freaks missions to after storyline and just focussing on major missions (minus assassination missions). No idea how long the story arc is but I've just done a heist involving the minigun and front loader.

Some things I have to do: as Trevor knock off any motorcyclists I drive past. I've dressed him with long hair and beard, white glasses and black bowling shirt. As Franklin I've gone for the mini fro and Spartan beard and the red chequered jacket from ammunation. He also has to randomly punch people as he runs past them.

Michael hasn't got a "look" yet that I've consistently liked or stuco with.

Things I've enjoyed: watching trevors second safe house deteriorate along with the emotions of its owner including once when swapping to Trevor seeing Trevor spooning him whist he cried in the foetal position. Also listening to bless your heart and the insemination radio shows on the blaine county station (west bound and down guy?)

Postby Kiwi on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:46 am

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

I've finished the storyline and have just finished the Lester assassination missions investing with all characters fully in supermarket manipulation has netted me a bank balance for the characters of around $2 billion each which now means I can buy wtf I want and all properties.

Edit supermarket? Wtf stockmarket was typed in stupid auto correct

Postby Tonster on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Tonster

I am utterly sucking at making money in this game (offline). Got about 300k combined, I own the airfield and am at 56% completion In terms of the main quest I have just done the mission where Trevor flies into the back of another plane and steals it before getting shot down., and I am doing all the side missions.

I know you can make a truck load of cash off the Lester assassinations, but first you need serious cash to invest. How the hell is it done? I can fly gun drops from the airfield for 7k a pop, so only about 25,000 flights until I can buy the golf club then...

My current plan involves getting Trevor to 250k by doing gun drops, then buying the docks from which you can make about 400k profit. I've got Michael increasing his lung capacity (1 hour real time of just idling underwater to get to 100% lung capacity, what fun!) in order to dive for the handful of briefcases. So yeah, grinding then :| Not sure how long I can be arsed with that, it's a good game and all, but the money earning potential vs the costs of the properties (and income from them) just seems way off.

Is there good money to be made from the later heists or something?

Postby Kiwi on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

Yes basically DON'T do the Lester assassination missions until after you complete the story and credits roll. Don't invest in properties or spend on stuff you don't need until you finish and depending on your heist successes and end take you should have over 30 mil at the end of the game. Then follow a guide on which stocks to invest prior to each assassination mission and when to cash out and what to invest in next. E.g. You invest prior, do mission make profit, sell and buy the affected stock that crashed low, then wait 2 game days for stock to return to normal and sell making even more profit.

One tip before you kill the billionaire for final mission invest in augury insurance and cash out after credits roll and you will make a few extra million depending on your initial investment amount

There is also a mini mission to ddeliver someone to the airport who's car broke down and you can make 30% profit investing in the company he tells you to. No spoiler tags for that as you have to find him first

Postby phatb0y on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 am

phatb0y
The Game Decider

Invest on BAWSAQ for the time being. There are two stable stocks on there at the moment; PIS & HAL. These should give you guaranteed returns until you start taking advantage of Lester's missions.

If you're scared about losing your cash to a market crash just create two saves. One with all your money tied up in stock. The other with just cash. If either of those stocks fall you can roll back to your previous save. Just make a routine of creating your cash backup before you call it quits for the night.

I check mine every time I start playing and if theres been a decent enough profit I sell and reinvest. I've been doing this since they were in single figures. Its SILLY money.

Postby Kiwi on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:50 am

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

Had an hour oh gta online on my own. It's shit. Guess it could be fun in a crew but I can't be arsed with all the hassle.

Postby Tonster on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Tonster

Kiwi wrote:Yes basically DON'T do the Lester assassination missions until after you complete the story and credits roll. Don't invest in properties or spend on stuff you don't need until you finish and depending on your heist successes and end take you should have over 30 mil at the end of the game.

See this is where they went wrong for me. It's a great game and I'm loving it, but the progression of income vs property costs seems poorly implemented. So you're saying don't spend anything until you complete the game, then invest heavily in some missions you may already have played, and then you can afford all the properties which you no longer need anyway because you've completed the interesting stuff already? Once you can afford the properties then money is no object anyway and the income you get from them is not worthwhile unless you intend to play for another 18 months+ (in game time), but then you can afford everything anyway.

WTF Rockstar?

And just to annoy me I already did 2 of the assassination missions and only invested some of the paltry amount I had at the time before I found out I shouldn't do that. :oops:

Thanks for the tips phats, I'll give it a go. What could possibly go wrong :E

Postby phatb0y on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:02 pm

phatb0y
The Game Decider

Kiwi wrote:Had an hour oh gta online on my own. It's shit. Guess it could be fun in a crew but I can't be arsed with all the hassle.

Yeah, all that hassle of the game spoonfeeding you through the first ten levels is pretty taxing stuff.

If you remember to cash in and save before you finish playing Tons you cannot go wrong. There might not be the massive profit there was initially, but at least you're getting a return for zero effort.

Pay attention to the radio too. There are quite a few little trading tips to be had there. I always stick aside a mil just to screw around on those. I think I had a 400% return on that water company one as the news report triggered not long after the price had bottomed out.

Postby Refugee on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

Xbox Live: Refwah
Twitter: AndrewFairbairn
Kiwi wrote:Had an hour oh gta online on my own. It's shit. Guess it could be fun in a crew but I can't be arsed with all the hassle.

what hassle

Postby Kiwi on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

The hassle of arranging Times to meet, organised clan stuff (in this case crew) with the inevitable egos and clusterfucks. Much rather hassle free plug and play online gaming these days that I can pick up when I want and not have to play to schedules and having to do x at y time.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat