Postby Twisted on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

steamID: Litation
Xbox Live: Litation
antispam1: Yes
orientation: Yes
Seems there a few servers out there with the same lack of vehicles we seem to have

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... le-spawns/
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Physical rape is psychological Murder.

Re: Next game ?

Postby Klors on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Klors
Forum Guru
Would fuck the antichrist

BlueJam wrote:Anyone else having a twot at Sleeping Dogs? I've got an unopened copy waiting at home.

If you like GTA: Arkham City, then you'll prolly like it. On the PC it's a bit clunky on the ol' controls.

I'm struggling to get into it atm, but I think that's just me.
Klors Trofobik

Postby ParaSitius on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 pm

ParaSitius
Forum Guru
Optimistic Pederast

steamID: ParaSitius
Xbox Live: ParaSytius
AKA: Para
antispam1: No
I got the red link but it resolves itself after a couple of minutes.

The latest server restart may have possibly fixed the vehicle issue, me and Hazee finally found a skoda and a tractor up in Gorka. Tractor is ok but the skoda requires a total fix up.

Postby Twisted on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

ParaSitius wrote:I got the red link but it resolves itself after a couple of minutes.

The latest server restart may have possibly fixed the vehicle issue, me and Hazee finally found a skoda and a tractor up in Gorka. Tractor is ok but the skoda requires a total fix up.

Yeah we found a screwed Skoda in Story Sobar (in need of 2 wheels plus everything else is red)

Postby Twisted on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

Quinnbeast wrote:If I can get reasonable results from a consumer level wacom tablet (Bamboo),

I've got an old Intuos 3 (only A3) kicking around as I upgraded to an Intuos 4 (A4) recently, although I now need a bigger desk :/, If you're interested. You can also grab the showroom kits off them reasonably cheap http://uk.shop.wacom.eu/Products/Others/Used-products Old Cintiq 21UX for £900 bones

Postby TK421 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm

TK421
Site Admin
You're the best thread of 2013

Found a chopper in the northern most hanger at the north airfield. Rotor is fucked tho, so need to find that part before we can fly it (it just spins around if you turn the engine on).

MY CHOPPER

Postby LSM on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:03 pm

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

steamID: LSM
PSN: messele
AKA: Lt. Sex Machine
Twitter: messele
Vehicles are back on the menu then? I'm carrying a fuel tank if anybody needs one btw.

Postby Refugee on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

Xbox Live: Refwah
Twitter: AndrewFairbairn
orientation: No
my copy of sleeping dogs arrived today. Will spend this evening stuffing people into the boot of my various stolen cars

Postby Klors on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Klors
Forum Guru

Twisted wrote:
Quinnbeast wrote:If I can get reasonable results from a consumer level wacom tablet (Bamboo),

I've got an old Intuos 3 (only A3) kicking around as I upgraded to an Intuos 4 (A4) recently, although I now need a bigger desk :/, If you're interested. You can also grab the showroom kits off them reasonably cheap http://uk.shop.wacom.eu/Products/Others/Used-products Old Cintiq 21UX for £900 bones

So do you find the upgrade much different? I'm using an Intuos 1 and everything else I've tried feels pretty similar (though only super-brief tries without any special software) I've not managed to try a Cintiq yet though.

I quite enjoy the iPad, but obv the packages are a bit simpler and it sucks not being able to see what's under the stylus (because they're so big). I know there's the stylus with the weird clear plastic circle for a nib, but they seem a bit restrictive in their use as you have to keep them at a certain angle. Obviously, the fine control isn't there, but being able to draw directly on the image just makes it feel so much nicer.
Klors Trofobik

Postby scary_man on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:05 pm

scary_man
Forum Regular
Scarier than the average KOPPO

steamID: Useless
There was a rotor assembly in chernogorsk last night, in a shed near the fire station. After my 4th stupid death by being knocked out in one hit over the weekend I'm back up around vybor, didn't take more than a couple of hours to go from nothing to being in a decent position again :/ All I'm missing is a silenced weapon and blood packs really. Checked all of the bicycle spawns from cherno to komarovo, through zelenogorsk and up to vybor and there was nothing, quite a few cars in various states of fucked, though.

Postby Twisted on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

Edit also it was an A5 not A3 Int 3 as Quinn has just pointed out :P

Klors wrote:
Twisted wrote:So do you find the upgrade much different? I'm using an Intuos 1 and everything else I've tried feels pretty similar (though only super-brief tries without any special software) I've not managed to try a Cintiq yet though.

I quite enjoy the iPad....Obviously, the fine control isn't there, but being able to draw directly on the image just makes it feel so much nicer.

Bearing in mind I'm mainly using it for 3D modelling/graphics at the moment and very light design/photo manipulation so no major drawing/painting etc.. and I only ever had a 3 (and used a bamboo for my previous job briefly) before thi.
It does feel a bit more responsive and the angle isn't so much of a hindrance, with the bamboos I've played with sometimes I hold the styles at the wrong angle and it doesn't pick it up (especially if i'm being lazy and wresting my wrist on a wrist rest). The pressure sensitivity feels better but that's more of a setting that anything else, the main thing for me was the size upgrade (plus I got the show model so it was half price) and the changes to the actual tablet buttons such as the touch ring (think Ipod scroll wheel) for manipulating/zooming etc.. the toggle took me ages to get used to it as you can set 4 functions to the ring/wheel but have to switch through them one at a time and the number of times I wasn't paying attention and instead of zooming rotated something. There's also a couple more definable buttons compared to the 3, which should have had loads but it was a left/right handed thing so you could use it with either hand, the 4 you can plug it in the other way so its fine for elftys and the button LCD will display the right way round for you so you have one side free of button
It also works much better with a dual monitor set up as you can lock it to a monitor use the full size then unlock it for both (might have been able to do it with the 3 with updated software but I never did)
Oh you also don't get the little mouse with the 4 as standard but I never used it with the 3 anyway.

I tried a load of Ipad styluses and they where all crap, no real control due to the size and my fat fingers where useless to get decent accuracy. I did play with a Cintiq 24HD touch at a trade show and almost shelled out the £2,000 (got him to knock off £800 as it was a show model) as an impulse buy but came to my senses when I realised I'd need to basically rearrange my entire PC setup to accommodate it and I'd use it maybe once a month tops.

Postby Quinnbeast on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru
Internet Hitler says Noooooooo

PS2 beta currently installing. Show go live for all PS1 vets by the end of today.

Postby Klors on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Klors
Forum Guru

Cheers Twis.

Think I'll leave the PS2 for launch, I seem to have a much lower tolerance for shit games these days and I fear a beta state might drive me away prematurely. :)
Klors Trofobik

Postby Quinnbeast on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru
Internet Hitler says Noooooooo

It's definitely a beta, and not a map demo. It's rougher than a badger's arse after a night on the heavy, but improving steadily by all accounts.

I've been wanting to scratch the itch for long enough, so I'll dabble a bit and see how it goes.

Postby Cacker on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Cacker
Site Admin
4th floor ponce

steamID: Cacker
PSN: Cacker67
Dayz: screen tearing from dead soldiers/civilians, deanoooooooooo found a fix for nvidia cards.

In the Nvidia Control Panel -

3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings -> Global Settings

Find Feature 'Threaded Optimisation' and change it to off. By default it's set to 'Auto'.

PS, vehicles are fixed and back on the map !
/Chairs

Cacker

Postby Haze on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Haze
Forum Regular
Hazę

Anyone else having problems logging on to the DayZ server today?

Just seems to hang at this point...

Postby scary_man on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 pm

scary_man
Forum Regular

Haze wrote:Anyone else having problems logging on to the DayZ server today?

Just seems to hang at this point...

Just tried and I'm getting as far as the last 'loading' which is after a flash of the area around my character (I think, it's certainly a part of the map). No further than that, though - I'm not seeing an error either.

Postby Haze on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Haze
Forum Regular
Hazę

Shove -showscripterrors in your command line to see the message

Postby scary_man on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:21 pm

scary_man
Forum Regular