Next game ?

A place for all your general chat needs

Re: Next game ?

Postby feign on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:07 pm

feign
Forum Bicycle
left then right and twist 2, 3

This - http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final- ... 45678.html

means I can stop worrying whether that chipped ps1 in the garage will ever work as it was my method for showing my son a key point in my gaming history (he's already seen tfc and d2!).

Postby ParaSitius on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:32 pm

ParaSitius
Forum Guru
Optimistic Pederast

steamID: ParaSitius
Xbox Live: ParaSytius
AKA: Para
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Wings.

In HD.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850 ... ?ref=email

If it makes the total then... Blimey.

Postby LSM on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:43 am

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

steamID: LSM
PSN: messele
AKA: Lt. Sex Machine
Twitter: messele
Enjoyed my first toe-dip into DayZ - sorry I disappeared guys had to rush off.

To get it working I ran it last night via Parallels VM on the Mac. Certainly doesn't do the game justice but is surpassingly efficient. I'll be installing a proper Windows boot in order to do things properly by the weekend.

I have no idea what I am doing though, entering the game for the first time I imagine would feel the same as being tied naked to a lamp post knowing that there are rabid Japanese tourists on the loose with their cameras.

Feels good for that reason.

Postby ~Dear Old Granny~ on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 am

~Dear Old Granny~
Countdown & Crochet

orientation: No
If there's voyeuristic Japanese businessmen, count me in!

Nah not really, it'd all go a bit 'Audition' and I'd end up in a sack with no tongue.

Incidentally, I don't know if some of you "I don't want to play TF2 because I'd get shafted" people know that the TF2 game has a VERY good bot driven training system built into it, with about 10 different maps (You like Dustbowl don't you?) which you just join like an ordinary server and play as if it was an ordinary server. And I have to say, that on 'Expert' mode, they give you a better grief-free game than a lot of public servers. The bots generally do their job, engies build stuff, medics heal, the bot snipers are a bit too good as they usually are, but you get a challenging and pain free experience. I often play the training maps for fun, and to try new stuff and practice the classes I am very bad at. (Spy, scout)

So you may want to give it a try as it's a free download and it's very good, but they keep pretty quiet about it. Certainly as good AI as I've ever seen.

Postby Refugee on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 am

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

Xbox Live: Refwah
Twitter: AndrewFairbairn
antispam1: Yes
Today is when they added the horde mode stuff too

Postby Quinnbeast on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 am

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru
Internet Hitler says Noooooooo

DayZ ran absolutely fine for me last night. Connected first time, ping was steady. Not a clue where I am, about half a km from one of the bigger inland towns. No food though, going to have belly ache when Im next on.

Postby TK421 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:59 am

TK421
Site Admin
You're the best thread of 2013

Is that on Cack's server Quinn?

I'm just north of Charno, with around 1100 blood and pissing myself every 30 seconds. I was at 9000 blood, but a jammy punch from a zombie knocks me out, and he proceeds to eat my face til I finally wake up and shoot him in the cock.

I was getting too complacent anyhoos, running around the cities in the open without a care ... 2 near-deaths since and I have learnt my lesson.

Postby Klors on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Klors
Forum Guru
Would fuck the antichrist

Quinnbeast wrote:Oh dear lord, don't distract me! I'm currently trying to wrap my head around Painter/PS (digital painting madskillz). And now I'm having visions of a Benny Hill themed TF2 vid.
So how are you managing with not selling your kidneys in order to buy a cintiq?
Klors Trofobik

Postby Refugee on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

Source Film Maker lets you take footage recorded in game and edit it too

Postby Quinnbeast on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru

Teeks - Yup, I was on Cacks server with LSM/Twis/Para for a couple of hours. I reckon I could get a weency bit hooked. Time will tell!

Klors - It's not bugging me too much at the moment - I'd quite like a go of one just to see if the feel of it justifies the cashmoney. It's enough of an extravagence at this stage that I'm not yet humouring the idea of taking a proper look at them. I think it depends how I get on really. If I stick with this as a way of working (digital that is) then I might change my mind.

If I can get reasonable results from a consumer level wacom tablet (Bamboo), the Cintiq would have to be off-the-fucking-chart levels of good for me to put down that sort of money. That's from a hobbyist/tinkering perspective though, and also from the style of work. Intricate and fine detail work would benefit no end from using the Cintiq but maaaybe not so much with a more painterly approach. If I was seriously aiming for a career change in that direction (beats the shit I'm doing now) well... I'd probably buy one sooner than later.

Postby Klors on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Klors
Forum Guru

Yeah, I'm still using my trusty ol' intuos 1 and drooling over the newer ones... but I don't use it enough to warrant an upgrade.
Klors Trofobik

Postby Refugee on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

Guys I'm not kidding tribes owns bones

Postby Quinnbeast on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:50 am

Quinnbeast
Forum Guru

Tis good. But it's not getting a look-in between DayZ, Max and refreshing my SOE account every few days.

Postby TK421 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 am

TK421
Site Admin

Last night's zombie session was tragic in many ways.

I managed to find a car, and after a quick refuel was good to go! Picked up Cack and we drove around a few towns looking for decent weapons, and decided to drive up north to the main airfield. We we're lucky to find a working[but damaged] chopper in one of the hangers, and after a bit of awesome-flying(TM) we had it outside and ready for refuelling. I had other plans tho, so I drove the car into a wall which forced Cacker through the windscreen and resulting in impactinstadeath, and I got knocked out while bleeding heavily, but came around at 600 blood and got a bandage in! 8 Steaks later and my blood is sitting at 7000, and I feel like flying...

I jumped in the chopper and took off, looking for a fuel dump. The damage model in the game, umm, models damage, so damaged equipment uses fuel at a higher rate, so a 2 minute flight looking for a petrol station ended up in a 5 second free fall as the chopper engine died, and 0.1 seconds after impact I also died.

The new post-respawn plan was to head north and get our bodies and continue the hunt for a vehicle for me to crash. I scored Cacker's old bus, which had repaired itself! So off I went to Elektro to pick up Cacker and then to Cherno to grab Scary and continue the drive up north to our bodies. I crashed the bus again and promptly broke it, which forced us to continue on foot, which would take aaaggggeees. I had to log cos it was late, leaving Scary to cover Cacker with his very swish silenced MP5.

Even though we (I) lost our car, chopper, bus and all my equipment, I wouldn't chaneg anything, cos starting over from scratch makes the game feel even better. Once you get a load of gear you feel invincible, which you DEFINITELY are not - I come so close to dying a few times yesterday just from a lucky jab from a zombie knocking me out.

Gonna log in during lunch today and grab my gear, and then start looking for a bike/car/bus/atv/wheelchair etc

Postby Cacker on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:47 am

Cacker
Site Admin
4th floor ponce

steamID: Cacker
PSN: Cacker67
Me and Scary continued to the Airfield ... I got all my gear, Quinn then joined somewhere on the south coast. Light was starting to fail, not epicly, just gently.

Airfield crawling++ followed by looting my body and getting my full 16 slot back pack. We then looted the local buildings and headed back via towns. I'd managed to find a silenced pistol which worked well with Scary's silenced mp5. Got to Vybor supermarket when it started to get really dark. Found 3 20 slot Alice back packs \o/ and lots of scran and newcastle brown ale. Okay, pepsi cola and baked beans.

Couldn't see a fackin thing, time to log. Although worked out how (thanks to scary) to use flash light and in the proceeds lost my silenced pistol to the 'bag eating item because not enough slots free' bug. facking cant.

Was a good day, when tk isn't killing me :E

Edit: I've got the other serving going now, DayZ 1.7.2.5, Arma 2OA Beta 1.62.95883. However, there's a nasty bug about it not saving your last location, and you get a random respawn every time you log. Will be having a play with it, if it's okay, think we should move over to it. Getting fed up with some of the niggle bugs, like the graphic tearing etc. Lots fixed in the changelogs since 95417.
/Chairs

Cacker

Postby Klors on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:49 am

Klors
Forum Guru

I enjoy a bit of Tribes every now and then
Klors Trofobik

Postby TK421 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 am

TK421
Site Admin

That chopper I crashed is still working, but out of fuel. My corpse has disappeared though, probably eaten by zombie badgers.

You lot gonna try to play tonight?

Postby Refugee on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

tf2 mvm for me tonight I think

Postby LSM on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:34 pm

LSM
Forum Bicycle
Lazy Space Monkey

steamID: LSM
PSN: messele
AKA: Lt. Sex Machine
Twitter: messele
I'm aiming to be on if I can get a Windows boot install set up in time, otherwise will be tomorrow evening but would like to tonight.

Postby ParaSitius on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:41 pm

ParaSitius
Forum Guru
Optimistic Pederast

steamID: ParaSitius
Xbox Live: ParaSytius
AKA: Para
I shall also make an attempt to pop on.

What's the details for the TS server again? I keep missing the in game chat due to keeping an eye on where the zombies are.

Rather annoyingly, no matter what screen setup I choose the bloody debug monitor refuses to move away from the Ear icon. I've no idea how much noise I'm making so I'm left having to crawl around everywhere just to be on the safe side.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat