Re: Next game ?

Postby Tonster on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Tonster
Not Twisted, Toothpick or Tuff

steamID: MartianLM
antispam1: No
orientation: Yes
Battle.Net ID: MartianLM#2136
Dang, want to buy XCOM so bad. And Dishonoured. And Borderlands 2. And The Witcher 2. And Guild Wars 2. But still sitting on Anno 2070, Battlefield 3, Borderlands, Brink, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Gratuitous Space Battles, Hard Reset, LA Noire, Legend of Grimrock, Serious Sam 3, all largely unplayed (damn Steam & Origin sales!) and currently playing through Mass Effect 3. Fuck.

Postby Refugee on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

Xbox Live: Refwah
Twitter: AndrewFairbairn
antispam1: Yes
orientation: No
I might pick up dishonoured this weekend

Postby Kaitain on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Kaitain
Forum Guru
k-eye-tan? kate-ayn? cat-tan?

Xbox Live: technovegas
It's excellent. I recommend playing through with a psycho run first - it's a lot of fun to use your powers properly. Then you can have a go at 'clean hands' (no kills, never detected) which limits you pretty much to blink and choke/sleep darts . It's also cool how the different run throughs affect the world.

I also recommend Mark of the Ninja on 360. I really enjoyed it, and ended up going for all achievements. Side scrolling stealth ninja game by the guys that did Shank.

Xcom was good for one full play through on classic ironman, but I can't be bothered to go again as there's not much different to do. As was said higher up the thread, you're pretty limited compared to the original games (which is good at first but annoying later).

Gave up on Witcher 2 - I had no clue what I was doing, even with the tutorial. Getting killed repeatedly got old, and I didnt fell like save grinding through it.

Postby Defrag on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Defrag
Forum Guru
I play Klingon boggle

Postby Twisted on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

steamID: Litation
Xbox Live: Litation
Kaitain wrote:I also recommend Mark of the Ninja on 360. .

Its also out on steam (but I'd play it with a gamepad either way) and yes its a very good game, much better than Kleis other recent game Shank.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Physical rape is psychological Murder.

Postby Xion on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Xion
Forum Guru
I got da cheats like Armstrong

steamID: Xion
AKA: Gunslinger
I'm a fair way in to Borderlands 2 and it's more Borderlands 1.5. It's good fun but pretty much just more of the same. Good laugh and should keep me going to Black Ops 2 I think...

Postby Kiwi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Kiwi
Forum Bicycle

I've totally thrashed borderlands 2, some minor disappointments in the general scheme of things, but nothing major. Like wanting to have more inventory space. But overall its been a pretty quality game. I've just finished my playthrough 2 on the commando so am now technically on "playthrough 2.5". I enjoyed the game don't get me wrong, but for me it just wasn't quite as good as borderlands 1 was. Mind you I did play all the DLC's for the first game so there was more content, but the fact that I really really really enjoyed borderlands 1, and that this hasn't reinvented itself, just did more of the same with slightly different classes (emphasis on the slightly) means that I've really enjoyed borderlands 2. Humor was there and tons of nice easter eggs to find. Personal fav was the TMNT and batman references.

Postby iPad on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:19 pm

iPad
Forum Guru
Same title for a year!

Xbox Live: ipad49
AKA: Paddy
Played through Halo Reach, was ok, much of the same. Looking forward to Halo 4.

Really enjoying Boardlands 2, got a bunch of keen mates and gradually playing through it, having some great laughs along the way. It really isn't any different to the first game, but the dialogue and the jokes are new and just as sharp.

Postby Defrag on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:19 pm

Defrag
Forum Guru
I play Klingon boggle

Get Hotline Miami. Just do it. It's fucking ace.

Postby Refugee on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

Defrag wrote:Get Hotline Miami. Just do it. It's fucking ace.

Postby ~Dear Old Granny~ on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 pm

~Dear Old Granny~
Countdown & Crochet

Refugee wrote:
Defrag wrote:Get Hotline Miami. Just do it. It's fucking ace.

Desirous of being part of something big...

Postby Defrag on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:52 am

Defrag
Forum Guru
I play Klingon boggle

Postby Refugee on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Refugee
Forum Case-Study
#bitter

need for speed multiplayer is fun.

And just outright nasty.

Postby Xion on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Xion
Forum Guru

Blac Ops 2 single player finished in about 10 hours. Wasn't exactly great compared to the previous campaigns...

Time to spend ages on multiplayer now. The attachment/perk unlock system is at least a new take. Lots of combinations :o

Postby Mr.Fishcakes on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 am

Mr.Fishcakes
Forum Guru

I played a bit of the Planetside 2 beta this evening just to make sure it wasn't a complete crock before wasting my money on it. Seems quite fun! Much like the first one really but with prettier graphics and better landscapes. It goes live on the 20th but I have a few beta keys if anyone fancies a go.

Postby Billybob on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 pm

Billybob
Forum Regular
This is a better title!

i just had an email saying beta was now over, but the game is indeed worth playing. very similar to number 1 , lots of fun :)

Postby Mr.Fishcakes on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Mr.Fishcakes
Forum Guru

Yup. I just got that e-mail too :(

Postby TK421 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:55 am

TK421
Site Admin
You're the best thread of 2013

Old Thread resurrect! This aint no random shit so its going in here. This is game talk which this thread was originally used for, wasnt it?

Has anyone bought Rome2: Roam to TotalWar2 Rome 2 much ROME yet?

I'm gonna be all over that like a totalwar fan over a new release which he has been anticipating for quite some time. I bet Larch (if hes still alive/has fingers/hasn't converted into somekinda AI freak like Skynet yet) will get it, and probably Gwil, cos hes a massive homo that just wants to zoom in all the way during battles and look out for cocks dangling under those silly Roman skirts - YES I KNOW YOU DO GWIL.

I havent played any of the TW games since Medieval 2: Too much Mud, but Rome was always my favourite so I've been eagerly awaiting this proper sequel.

I have been playing Wargame: Airland Battle with a mate over the last few months and its been fantastic. It has a fully COOP campaign that is handled so well, I wish other games copied it. The host gets to control the war and orders the main units on the WARMAP around, but each battle is controlled by bother parties, with units and resources split between the two. It is awesome, but after 2 months of playing we can beat the AI easily, even on the harder settings (very hard is just a cheaty cuntmode). Rome2 needs a similar COOP mode, it would be the best thing since sliced wet bread.

Ohh and War Thunder. Thats good fun also

Postby Xion on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Xion
Forum Guru

I've played The Last Of Us on PS and that's about it. Good story, the game itself wasn't amazing but alright. Stuck for what to get next, not even played a game in about two months.

Next COD probably :o

Postby Twisted on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Twisted
Forum Guru
The Barbarian Genocide

steamID: Litation
Xbox Live: Litation
I've been getting my game on recently and catching up with stuff I missed as well as newer stuff.

Last of Us I loved, the gameplay is indeed tried and tested but I loved it and the story, you will know after the first 15/20 minutes if you're in or not.

Solforge - DCCG - similar to Magic the Gathering or Accession, free to play model with ways to earn new cards if you don't want to pay
Win one game
Win three online games
each one will reward you with silver and a card/pack of cards, and with the silver you can buy more cards.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Blacklist
Similar to Conviction without the OMG YOU WUZ SEEN GAME OVER MAN!! if you fuck up the stealth then its run and gun time or run and hide. Scratched my stealth-em up itch after the Dishonored DLC was so short.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy - Did you like Desu Ex? Well this is to Deux Ex what Daggerfall was to Oblivion. Sure its not as polished, sure there is some jank and there is probably a game somewhere in between these two extremes but fuck me its got ambition and heart and is a fucktonne of fun. Read some reviews pick it up cheap and give it a whirl.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger - Ignore every other game in this franchise this is basically back to square one with some nice little touches, its almost like a shooter arcade machine.

Gunpoint - A fun little Indie stealth game along the same lines of Mark of the Ninja, no way near as vast/fun as that but considering this was one guy (well two but I think another just did the art work) its pretty good.

Edit

Almost forgot Zeno Clash 2 More ZenoClashy than 1 and definitely more batshit crazy if you liked the first one you'll like this the combat is really well done for a first person brawler if you never played the first one grab it its like £7 most of the time and drops into the sales constantly usually down to £3. The same guys (Basically three Brothers) did Rock of ages as well but I never played but its supposed to be fun.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Physical rape is psychological Murder.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat